Skip to content

Comments

• Agree with the ratings Broomfield is a joke I thought we would of been better if he we had 10players on the pitch.... why did ainsworth give Thompson a 2 year deal (ainsworth is overrated all the small budget crap and his style of play is a disgrace I'd say it's some of the worst football iv seen at Adams park, his scouting is shit look at our strikers I bet Billy kee is on a lot less than Thompson and I bet taylor is on a lot less than hayes fucking shit. I can take losing but the style is a disgrace ainsworth!

• Aye, he's scouted some terrible players over the last few years hasn't he?

We're seventh in the league with a team he has entirely brought in, except for Bloomfield and Kretzchmar. We went to Wembley last year. We drew with Villa earlier this season.

I've seen some of the best players I've ever seen at Wycombe (Alfie Mawson, Sam Saunders, Aaron Pierre) in the last two years.

And this from a club without any big financial backer.

• Yawn yawn yawn. 5 year plan?? We will be in league 2 (at beat mid table) in 5 years. Until we invest is proven players nothing will change

• I would also guess that we will be mid-table in league 2 in five years time.

Garry Thompson is a proven player.

Where is this investment coming from?

• I don't want to go all Einstein here but Ainsworth is in danger of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Hayes and Thomson are a proven pairing. Proven to be totally ineffective together. Harriman plays best out wide. McCarthy performs better with support on front of him. JJ similarly. We have to learn else the drivel that was yesterday will happen next week, the week after etc etc etc.
    I would have dropped the injured Bloomers, put McCarthy into the midfield and had Sido at RB. If we are going to play goofball then players that are suitable for goofball, Ugwu or Liburn could both do that.

• edited April 2016

Einstein never said that.

And in any case we are seventh, having just lost our first game in six, despite how bad the performance was yesterday. Why take the lesson that it doesn't work from yesterday rather than from the three previous home games that we did win.

On the plus side, Marcus Bean is back next week so the team against York should be stronger. Hopefully O'Nien will have recovered too.

• This is a league two team we are talking about. You have to expect them to play shit football a lot of the time. If they played a lot better and were in the Premiership I wouldn't watch them because I don't like premiership football and all the bollocks that surrounds it.

• Wow! The venom spitting has broken out with a vengeance! Aside from a 12 minute spell before the bludgeons scored we were physically and mentally overwhelmed. No disguising that. But that hasn't happened too often this season and the performance has to be put in the context of a small squad being without three regular midfielders and two (PCH and Danny Rowe) who are also injured.
    The knock on effect of that on the back four should not be underestimated. The psychological effect of conceding a goal in a situation where the ailing referee and his incompetent Woodland side assistant failed to spot a bad foul in the build-up was also undoubtedly a factor. I gather there has also been illness in the camp and, to those who complained about the failure to replace the ineffective Thompson with Ugwu or Liburd, I would simply suggest that they may have been under the weather. (I believe GA said on Friday evening that the situation was such that he might have to put himself on the bench - wish he had!!)
    Mitigating circumstances aside, that was a most disappointing display (McGinn and Selers with an 'e' excepted) made all the more saddening by the feeling that we had kissed goodbye to our play-off hopes. I don't think we, provided our absent midfielders are able to return to the fold and youth is given its say.

• I don't think we have - last sentence.

• Going round twist! I meant Sellars of course but I did admire Sellers' big weapon!

• I think you might be too old for him, @micra ;)

• Ooh you are awfu!

• Awful even. Definitely losing it.

• I agree the style of football this year has been generally dire, and GA as manager is primarily responsible, but equally for a lot of last season (gamesmanship aside) we played some really nice football, so GA is responsible for that too.

For whatever reason he's not got it right this year - and that may be due to how it's panned out with the players he's got.

Let's see how he does next season

• Wycombe are lucky to have a committed manager such as GA. Stability is key in football and GA has the club best interests at the forefront of the development of the club on and off the pitch. That's why the club has a plan, without it there probably would be no club.

Money talks generally speaking in football and Wycombe don't have blank cheques to throw around, hence the loan system is something Wycombe utilise to the full extent.

Look at the development of Mawson, Pierre, Scowan, O nein, Paris, Harriman, McCarthy, Ingram under the coaching of the club. Also these players wouldn't be here without the management team in place.

Also, who cares what Wimbledon fans think. They give him stick because they can see the achievements over the last couple of seasons and wish they had him in south West London.

I love keyboard warriors who probably couldn't coach a Sunday league side yet call for the managers head, who is without doubt one of the most promising managers in the English tier football pyramids.

• bring back Peter Taylor

• Very well said @mac899.

• Yep, agree with @mac899. We can have our moans about style of play etc., but we're very lucky to have Ainsworth and to be in 7th place with such limited resources speaks volumes for the management and players/

• seriously people bringing money into it now we play in league 2 most of the teams have no money pathetic excuse

• I think we literally have the smallest squad in the league. That is down to money.

• We have even fewer resources than @trevor has punctuations.

• lack of club investment in the squad sick of the no money excuses basically all the clubs in this league and alot in league one have no money and are in debt

• I for one am glad that we're not investing in squad sick.

• But we had squad sick last week

• I have had enough of excuses for us playing shit and boring football. I have a season ticket however will not be returning back until we at least make it at least entertaining.

• I thought making a Wembley final was quite entertaining.

• That was last season. This season I do not remember the last time where we played well and entertained....no I lie powford at home was pretty good.

• i rather finish 8th playing good football than scraping playoffs and getting beaten in scrappy game

• Don't get me wrong, I agree that the football, on the whole, is bilge. But whilst it's frustrating, the money thing, whether you like it or not, is an issue. Part of the reason we fell away towards the end of last season must have been in part due to the injuries we picked up and not having the strength in depth to replace them, likewise players having to play x amount of games on end without getting a rest.

But I still remember how I felt after the defeat to Rovers in 2014 and how I felt travelling down to Torquay. I will never, ever, ever forget that feeling. If this is what it takes to put some distance between us and that trapdoor then, I suppose, so be it.

I don't like it, I'd rather we played better football, but for that you need better players and for that you need money. However I do agree that with the players we do have, we should be capable of better than what we're currently seeing - but I'm certainly not going to gripe when we're in 7th place.

Especially when I look at how Torquay are faring in the Conference.

• we should be sending scouts to search the non league to find young talents maybe that could be the answer considering we cant rely on youth product no more .