Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

2»

Comments

• @bluntphil @Right_in_the_Middle I'm just waiting for a match report with more than one goal to write about

Would be heaven!

• @Right_in_the_Middle @DJWYC14 It's a privilege to broadcast no matter how bad the football is. A great learning experience.

I'm away for the next two games so I predict an avalanche of goals in my absence.

• Highlight of the day for me was when Notts Co were about to bring on their last sub. The Drone Army started the usual ex-Wycombe players slag-off song thinking it was Banton but County brought on Sneijders..........priceless.

• That was great. That and the failed kick to touch were about the best bits.

• Also every time the announcer said Sido Jombat

• The fact that those were the highlights on a day where the adult ticket price was £24 says a lot.

• they have to afford to keep sacking managers somehow.

• I'm fairly convinced that @bluntphil only takes the occasional break to remind us just how good he is when we have to listen to his stand in.

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    Highlight of the day for me was when Notts Co were about to bring on their last sub. The Drone Army started the usual ex-Wycombe players slag-off song thinking it was Banton but County brought on Sneijders..........priceless.

Had forgotten about that - very funny. Think they managed it with the earlier substitution too. A right set of halfwits.

• had some idiot sat behind me who couldn't tell the difference between Rowan and Jerell and thats our own supporters !!!

• Well... they were wearing the same size shirt.

• At least Jerell looks taller than Leon Knight, whose shorts seemed to drag along the floor.

• @Wendoverman To be fair, his enormous ego would drag down many taller men.

• @ Chris To be fair, Jombat probably wouldn't be too far off the right pronunciation. Final vowels in Portuguese do tend to be left off in the spoken language. Perhaps the tannoy man was a Portuguese speaker.

• In that case I apologise to him!

• Is it Sid Jombat then? My world is shaken.

• Marcus Bean on the commentary pronounces his first name as Sigh-dough. I always thought it was See-dough.

• He's transmogrifying before our very eyes.

• See-doo zhoom-baat (or something like that)

• My Brazilian mum insists that it's pronounced sidu ʒombɐ̃tʃi , though I'm sure opposition commentators will stick with Sid Jim Batty.

• Brazilian Portuguese is not the same as Portuguese Portuguese

• Different letters for a start.......