Skip to content

Match day thread: Cambridge

2»

Comments

• Defenders seem to be under a 2 touches max rule. Get it, knock it. Direct football.

Great if you have Andy Rammell, not so great with our front players.

Ugwu I'm afraid is conference south level. Works hard and while you can't knock that, it's not enough.

• Sounds just like the thread posts after Luton, yet still six out of nine points is a very decent return. Our ambition is being called into question constantly both per game and promotionwise, yet it is probably just individuals, strategies and a bit of bad luck (their deflected goal and our non-penalty) that kept us from the win.

Amazingly, we are still in the mix, so let's give our boys all we've got and trust they'll do the same on Saturday.

Six seasons ago the boards were probably alight with Vardy slag-offs after a draw for... Some conference south team!

• What non penalty?

• Ot was mentioned in another post, wasn't there so didn't see it. Apologies if misinformation. R

• It's probably a sad indictment of the league we are in that we can play this way and still be near the play-offs.Long term if we are ever going to win back fans who have drifted away we've got to make the football more attractive .yes we all like to win but we lost a boring game one nil not an exciting one three two which would have at least given the casual fan something to remember and maybe want to return.

• we have no chance of promotion because if we concede the first goal thats it game done.

• But what if we score first?

• Then we get Allsop to take ten minutes with every goal kick, roll around on the floor for a while or point out picturesque cloud formations to the referee until the 90 minutes are up.

• And keep hoofing the ball over the stands until all the balls are lost.

• Excellent! Sounds like we've got the game management sorted then.

• Struggling to see how these suggestions are that much different to what happens in most games. And that's from Wycombe and whoever we play against.

It's always interest to watch the non reaction of the Wycombe bench when JJ goes down holding his head. It's almost like it's a signal to relax and recover. Hope the boy doesn't cry wolf once too often though.

• Was not at the game so cannot comment on performance, but my heart did sink when I saw the team-sheet. We have a right-back on the bench while a six goal winger (second highest goalscorer?) plays in defence. I have never played football or managed, but I think Harriman on the wing poses more of a goal threat. Am I missing something?

• @Wendoverman You're not missing anything. There was a gaping great hole down our right side against the horse punchers, who were allowed to cross at will unchallenged for the entire game. It's bizarre.

• I was at the game and just couldn't work out our selection and tactics at any time during the game.Maybe the plan is to win only every other game,enough to stay up but not enough to go up (joke ....I think!)

• Side seems to be out of favour for whatever reason, I would expect McCarthy to go to right back when Pierre comes back and Harriman to move into midfield again.

• As I have moaned before...(I know!) for a few games at AP now I have seen Harriman in acres of space calling for the ball and where a crossfield ball would have had him running at defences and causing problems, we tried to play it through a very congested midfield...now he is playing at right-back and (again I could be missing something) does not seem like a natural defender to me. At least when we lost Sammy Wood to Left-back it was because we had no other options at the time, this just seems crazy to me. Does Harri get a pay-rise if he gets seven goals or something?

• My guess would be that Sido is either not fully fit or his personal issues from earlier are playing on his mind

• Harriman has played full back for most of his short career. While it may be best for the team when Sido is available, fact remains that Harriman in midfield is playing out of position.

• Harriman is miles better in midfield than he is at full back regardless of where he has played most

• I don't agree and he has been dire since he signed permanently.

• Yes, his form does seem to have hit the buffers since he became our player. Curious because we have seen what he is capable of and I can recall him playing very well at RB when he was originally with us three seasons ago. Still think he is a very good acquisition though.

• I think he's been short of possession in the games I have seen at AP...and I'm surprised he has mainly played as a right back as he does not fill me with confidence, but surely the fact he is our second highest scorer suggests he is better deployed in midfield whatever Sido's problem is?