Skip to content

Aaron Amadi-Holloway's Oldham Debut

2»

Comments

• It'll be a hard ask for the lad, straight into a team second bottom. Will probably be working off scraps that make us look like chance creating extraordinaires.

He's at a real crossroads now.

• edited February 2016

@Uncle_T; I would guess AAH understands the lay of the land as the Latics have had 5/6 strikers all season in total 8 with two out on loan.

Anyway Sheridan must have made some insurances to convince him to head North to ply his trade to fight it out among the forward contingent. When you see AAH appearances, majority are substitutions 70mins to as little as 10 mins and add another 5 mins for extra time when we where chasing games, AAH played about 10mins in 3 games, so guess it was worth a crack, as low and behold he got on after 41mins against Wigan. Good luck to him and Nathan Evans who hopefully gets a opportunity with Darlington.

@Malone; as for scraps apparently Latics should have won and Wigan where lucky for the shared spoils.
    Sheridan maybe as fortunate as he was with Newport County, who he managed to beat us at home 0-2 to start their survival from relegation.

• Lee was always over 6 foot whilst he was here. A bit of a lanky beanpole type figure and certainly looks like he's filled out a bit but don't think he's actually grown any taller.

• @Malone; AAH Didn't have to wait long to be Oldhamised did he. Starting against Blackpool this evening.

• Sheridan is obviously a fan, not surprising considering how Holloway tore Plymouth apart over 2 legs last May. Good luck to him, hope he has a good game and keeps his spot in the starting line-up for the foreseeable future.

• Let's not think he's made it at Oldham just yet eh. He's starting a game, let's see how that goes.

It's a real shame with him, way different to the likes of Banton, as we saw that glimpse, that he could be unplayable on his day.

• Just had a quick listen to commentary on the Barnsley game (on Player). Fascinating accents and very different style to @bluntphil etc. After about 20 minutes I heard the first reference to Holloway but sadly he got the ball stuck under his feet on a gluepot of a Blackpool pitch. Didn't realise our subscription enabled us to tune in to other matches. First discovered this when our own feed faltered in the match at Dagenham.

• @micra; oh I lad, ain't it.

• More important than Holloway's game, is what's happening in league 2.

Carlisle leading Accrington 1-0 so far, but on opening up the details, had Ibere sent off in the 1st min?!? "high challenge" apparently.

What an absolute donut, and what a brave ref, most I'm sure would have bottled it

• Holloway substituted already. Hopefully they don't send him back

• Due to match fitness APPARANTLY he had a great game and didn't want him to go off .

• edited February 2016

@mooneyman; I doubt it as well as the 1300 Oldham fans gave AAH a standing ovation when he came off in the 67th minute.

• Hoped he gave the Latics faithfull an appreciative wave!

• End this fucking post now ay maybe start post about wycombe again

• Aaron started tonight as did Banton at Notts County. Seems strange that not a sniff in Division 4 yet start in Division 3.

• @bigred87 said:
    End this fucking post now ay maybe start post about wycombe again

Calm down - you were posting about Dean Morgan the other day and I don't think he's on the current staff. AAH is still a Wycombe player after all.

• @bigred87 jeez, take a chill pill. Is there no other wording you could choose to express your apoplectic rage? As @arnos_grove notes AAH is still "on our books" , if not in spirit.
    On another note, I hadn't realised that Banton was with Notts County, has he signed a contract with them does anyone know?

• Apparently till end of season.

• Both AAH and Banton are undoubtedly talents with pedigree that shows that others have thought this down the years too. It was mentioned by previous posters that their style may be suited to higher up the leagues where play is often less frantic.
    Our manager, like many at this level, play a high tempo pressing game that starts from the front. That was not really in the DNA of either player so they have to move on. Talents no doubt, just not the right talent for our current style.

Conversely if you look at PCH, a player of equal skill to either of them, he actually ran himself into the ground on Saturday. Could not even walk he had given so much. It was wonderful to see GA go over, hug him and lift him up. I would love to see PCH be here next season and beyond. The other two... mnnah.