Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Too much discussion on a minor misjudgement by one Aaron, lets take a moment to praise the other one.

In May 2014, it looked like the club was going to die. Against all the odds the amazing day at Torquay happened and then a few days later extraordinarily a really promising young player at a higher level club actually wanted desperately to play for the club. That signing and the more understandable signing of Paul Hayes set the tone for the rebirth of this club and the happy eighteen months that have followed.

Perhaps not getting the attention he deserves with the focus on Mawson, Aaron Pierre was a colossus in the central defensive partnership that took us to Wembley. His passion and spirit epitomises the reborn Wycombe Wanderers - who will forget the celebration with the ballboy after a last minute equaliser this season against Dagenham.

At some time in the future, possibly soon after an increase in profile against Villa, Aaron's career requirements will see him leave us to better things and hopefully a highly successful career. He will leave behind a great legacy. He will not be quickly forgotten.

Comments

• Head injury against Bristol Rovers when he was on loan...off and on the pitch twice to get strapped up. They all make mistakes, but no-one can doubt the confidence Aaton instills in that central position at the back.

• He's a real star. I don't think I've ever seen a centre back with his pace, and I'll be shocked if he doesn't go on to big things.

• if could pass a ball like Mawson he would no longer be here the fact he can't is why he is here.

• I didn't think you rated Mawson.

• Could any real football fan not rate Mawson? At least any who understand the game.

• yep he will be brought by a bigger team soon hopefully we could get around 2m for him if we hold out

• 2 million! I doubt it.

Brentford must have a big sell on clause as well I imagine. And perhaps a buy back clause at price £x.

If he does leave, I'm sure Danny Rowe will relish a well deserved opportunity at a run in the first team

• As Brentford were willing to sell him at all, I would be surprised if they had a sell-on clause. I would also be surprised if AP leaves before the summer, unless we get a decent offer from someone where he recognises he will progress.

• 2 million ??? Are you living in a dream world, if we get offered 350k we would snap there arm off for it seeing as the game last night made us about 95k which is absolutely shocking.

• 350k is a joke seriously look at players we let go for cheap over the years we need the money as much as possible 1m at least surely in today's market

• @trevor said:
    350k is a joke seriously look at players we let go for cheap over the years we need the money as much as possible 1m at least surely in today's market

Do many other 4th division centre backs get transferred for £1m+ ? He's a fine player but no-one's going to pay that sort of cash.

• I understand the fee set at Tribunal for Mawson was 26k now thats a bargain.

• Surprised that barnsley don't try and get Pierre as clearly him and Mawson are a solid partnership as we had the pleasure of seeing last year

• its a big step up as Mawson has found, England player ? Premier League please do me a favour. We have some decent players here for the level we are playing at but we also have some absolute dross.

• Same goes for fans.

• I am intrigued to what players you claim are absolute dross as you put it

• While I dont always agree with everything or probably anything @trevor says I do think he has a valid point. Maybe not quite the £2m but I would have thought we should be looking for a fee of up to £500,000. I do think the urgency to sell our prized assets has declined a little for the time being. Well I hope so. Anyway I don't want to sell him. I want him to play for us for years! Fast becoming one of my favorite chairboys ever.

• 500k and a decent sell on clause is a good deal for us

• It certainly would be.

• we have some very poor players amongst the squad, most are clearly happy as fillers.

• £2m, hahaa, what a bloody dreamworld you must live in!

If we don't sell him this summer, he'll have a mere year left, and we'll be in really danger of having to shift him for a horrible 100-150k as time is ticking down, and tribunals never do smaller clubs favours.

Someone up the thread mentioned we're not in the same pressure to sell players?

What? Which players have we kept that bids came in for? The debt is still £2m or so isn't it?
    250k plus add ons would regrettably see Pierre gone tomorrow

• I think the pressure comment refers to the fact that we've just had a small windfall from the FA Cup which has relieved the pressure. Nobody is saying it's been irradiated.

It's like releasing a small fart when you know there's a whole lot more to come.

• Yep.
    2 ways of looking at the Villa away day money wise.

Unbudgeted income v "it could have been more"

Clearly, a premier league away game only comes round once or twice a decade so it was a great experience, but can't help feel a tinge of regret at the 20,000 crowd.

Only selling players or magicing big crowds will bring more in now.

• And these kind of high profile games can only help to increase the gates for league games at Adams Park, even a few hundred extra fans a week would make a difference.

• I hope so pal, but when that second goal in and hoardes of "fans", I'm presuming they were the "Big game charlies" who never usually go, started f'cking off, I can't see them coming back to be honest

• exactly like the people STOOD up in front of people all game and refusing to sit down. never seen them before and like I said not missed a game for nearly 3 years.

• I was surprised that a guy with his kid sat in front of me, actually got no jip whatsoever from the 8-9 rows in front of him when he shouted "can you sit down, my son can't see"

If he tried that at most away games he'd have got no joy at all.

• I didn't notice hoardes of fans leaving to be honest but after taking an hour to travel the first Mike home last night maybe some had some good knowledge. The pic I took of the away end from the side at the end didn't show many empty seats.
    It was a good effort from Wycombe fans yesterday. Big game Charlie's or not

• it was streams of fans.

Sorry to hear traffic was an arse.

I took a route seemingly no Wycombe fans too, Aston out to a random station, and then drove back from there.

• well what if villa wanted aaron would you expect at least 1m look how much we got for ibe we got done there like we always do .