Skip to content

4,800 is the Maximum tickets we will be given

Aston Villa have given us the full 15 percent allocation and already turfed season ticket holder out of seats they would usually have for a Season Ticket game. I hope we sell out.

Comments

• 15 per cent of 42,000 is not 4,800 by any maths

• including segregation it is.

• They don't leave 2,000 seats empty for segregation. Can't you make something up that's better than that?

• 42000-2000 is 40000....now @drcongo is my maths wrong or is @richmayes999 talking balls again as id say its 6000 even by my calculations

• wait and see thats what the club have been told and there will be no more but they won't all go anyway, struggling to get any more coaches aswell.

• Rules state 15 per cent so 15 per cent will get if needed

• Villa are keeping the upper tier of the Trinity Road stand closed for this one. I guess that may come off the total seating before the 15% is calculated.

• Good spot @Uncle_T , that would probably be right. The away club is entitled to 15% of the tickets available.

• they have said they will open it if demand dictates.

• This is rubbish. If we sell 4,800 tickets, more will become available.

• the usual away section by the corner flag has not been offered to you at this point , the usual allocation for the fa cup is around 6500 , all of the seating at this point is upstairs , there is a pitchside section

• Come on, does anyone believe either Wycombe or Villa Park will sell out. Be lucky if the attendance exceeds 25,000.

• Don't see why we can't. 4,500 to Wimbledon midweek in 2001, not as far but a more awkward journey.

• edited January 2016

@NewburyWanderer I'm not sure that is a relevant comparison. That was 15 years ago and we averaged crowds of 5,513 rather than 3,896. It was an unprecedented F.A. Cup fifth round replay and was also played during half-term. We'll do well to sell more than 2,500 tickets for the replay at Villa Park.

• Rubbish we will take the allocation and more. Id say 6,000 on the back of wembley people are in the mood for big games. I have 9 people with me. Not one has been tp a home game. They are from all over as birmingham is perfect from
    Gloucester, manchester, sheffield and derby!

• It will be interesting. Our old lot have 20 tickets together today. I think it will be a close run thing on selling the 4800.

• edited January 2016

• @djtaylor I would happily bet we sell closer to 4,800 than 2,500

Tenner?

• edited January 2016

• Ha ha, fair enough old chap

• Just booked 8 tickets on line. Took about 2 minutes. Happy days. Excellent system.

or i fucked up and am off to Hartlepool with 7 reluctant travellers on Saturday morning

• I wonder how many have already sold, probably be an update soon.

• @DJTaylor Looks like your prediction will be well out.

• @NewburyWanderer Yes, you're right, my prediction looks well out. We have done remarkably well to have sold almost 2,500 tickets since going on sale at 2.30pm today. We might get close to selling our 4,800 allocation.

• Good job you're not a betting man!

• Hate to say I told you so...by the time we wake up tomorrow it will be well over 2,600 with many more to come....we will sell out 4,800 and some as I said earlier.

• @DJTaylor said:
    NewburyWanderer I'm not sure that is a relevant comparison. That was 15 years ago and we averaged crowds of 5,513 rather than 3,896. It was an unprecedented F.A. Cup fifth round replay and was also played during half-term. We'll do well to sell more than 2,500 tickets for the replay at Villa Park.

A cheeky correction - we've DONE well to sell more than 2500 tickets.

• ......Oh, and our average home gate this season has now apparently gone up to 5400 - 144% increase on last season.

• touch pessimistic from DJTaylor wasn't it? I suspect he's delighted to be wrong in this instance though