Skip to content

Joe Jacobson

Quality touch after he tucked away the pen to come straight over to the fans. Great spirit and heart sharing with the Chairboys faithful. Long may it continue!

Comments

• where else would he go ?

• Top lad, posed for some pics with the kiddies in the bar after the game no problem.

• where else would he go? - not particularly our problem but it really pi$$e$ me off when I see a player score & he runs pointing to the hospitality box where his wagg and entourage are seated, just smacks of 'i don't care about the club or fans but my next move/ wage negotiation'.

• Remember when Jordan ibe scored and ignored the fans and just celebrated with his dad. what's wrong with the youth of today..............

• @DevC Shocking behaviour indeed - luckily the referee agreed and put him in the book.

• I feel the Gasroom should draw up a How Players Should Celebrate To Avoid Upsetting Posters on Social Media guidelines.

• Joe Jacobson is pretty much beyond criticism as a player and as a bloke and as an ambassador for this club, and yet someone's managed to have a pop at him

Absolutely extraordinary

• Ah hold on, just read it again and they haven't

My mistake

• His failure to tackle is sometimes frustrating, apart from that he is the best left back we've had for about a decade.

• Bill, I would say he's the best left back we have ever had, certainly in my time supporting us

• He's also the calmest man on the pitch. I relaxed when I saw him pick up the ball to take Saturday's pen.

• The quality of his free kicks/corners leave put a lot of premiership players to shame.

• Apologies omit " leave" from post.

• @Wendoverman; Mario Balotelli Twitter Quote who had apparently been asked why he refused to celebrate his goals.

The riposte snapped back: "When I score, I don't celebrate because I'm only doing my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?".

Love it, but I couldn't resist doing some sort of dance jig, if I scored.

• Do clubs set aside a special time in their training sessions to practice "celebrations" Most appear well rehearsed.

• He's clearly a quality player. I think he's sometimes vulnerable in defense, and his quality set-pieces are sometimes one game on/ another off. But that's not to do any disgrace to his brilliant time with us.

THE BEST LEFT BACK WE'VE EVER HAD WAS ANDY SANDELL

• I presume thats a joke @prufrock_91

• all about opinions, but I don't think Andy Sandell was anywhere near as good as Joe Jacobson

• When Sido has to switch to left back, he is still a better left back than Andy Sandell !!

• I have followed the Wycombe for 26 years now and in my opinion JJ is the best left back we have had in that time. He is also a great lad and always plays with a smile on his face.

• I think Joe is average to good League 2 quality defensively (he lets good quality attackers/wingers run at him and enter the box too easily at times to be any better than that), but his set piece delivery and general play with the ball are far and away above League 2, pushing perhaps Championship quality. He is a pleasure to watch and we are always a better side when he plays. And just as important in many ways, Joe is an experienced, calm figure on the pitch and a really intelligent, class act off the pitch. He is a perfect role model for our younger players and we are blessed to have him at our football club.

• I liked Woodman, but JJ has certainly been a joy to watch and a key part of two of the best back fours we've had for some time.

• both have no pace which is why they haven't played higher than league 1

• Your positivity never ceases to amaze.

• nothing to do with being positive, woodland and jacobson are very good left backs, woodman is shot now and joe won't play higher then league 1 which Im glad about as he will stay with us.

• Agreed Joe is certainly on of the best, if not the best left back ive seen in 40 years of watching the Wanderers.

• Full marks to @richmayes999 for getting sarchasm - it was in fact Grant Basey that was the best Left Back in Wanderers History.

• Do we count Mickey Bell as a left back? If so I'd put him over JJ. (And further back Gary Hand)

• yes mickey bell was very good going forward but not so sure about shutting the back door.