Skip to content

Match day thread: Villa

Comments

• @WelwynWanderer said:
    Ox66 what difference would Ingram have made today? I don't think he would have saved the goal as it was out right in the corner. Other than that Lynch did nothing wrong. He didn't have to do to much tbf.

Hayes on the other hand I think could have made a real difference, linking clever play. Hopefully he will be back for the replay.

I am a Marcus bean fan but I think he will struggle to get I. Ahead of blooms on today's performance.

Of course there would be a difference the whole came would have been different the tactics may have been completely different . The defence have confident in Ingram do they with lynch ? I was just happy that villa didn't identify that he was our weakness and before I get flack he was our weakness .

• Fortunately @PBo "Klopp basement pressing" game, was our strength and put stop to many balls to their statues front man Gestede. Anyway Pierre and Stewert where eating up what the did manage. Apart from some hairy moments when they attacked from the wing towards the box.

• How was Alex our weakness when he did not put a foot wrong and the defence did not play discernibly different from usual? If we did have a weakness, relatively speaking, it was our team understanding/movement off the ball.

Let's just rejoice in a belting result and stop sniping at our young, promising players.

• I think Richards was booed as he really milked the Holloway challenge and took the real impetus we'd gained from scoring out the game. Was clever from him but vey annoying as we could have scored a second at that point!

• @AlgernonFudgebucket said:
    How was Alex our weakness when he did not put a foot wrong and the defence did not play discernibly different from usual? If we did have a weakness, relatively speaking, it was our team understanding/movement off the ball.

Let's just rejoice in a belting result and stop sniping at our young, promising players.

I'm not sniping if you read my other quotes for today I was praising the lad as he deals superbly with the pressure . I just think ingram is a better keeper and the game may have been different. Yes we didn't play to our strengths first half. The point is a great result but we may have beaten them .

• @Aylesburyblue 19th Jan providing no adjustment for TV

• @OX66 said:
    I'm not sniping if you read my other quotes for today I was praising the lad as he deals superbly with the pressure . I just think ingram is a better keeper and the game may have been different. Yes we didn't play to our strengths first half. The point is a great result but we may have beaten them .

To be fair I think Lynch has better command of the box than Matt and I thought that spread to the defence who looked more assured than recently. He's not got Matt's strengths as a shot stopper though

• not sure how u know if he has strengths as shot stopper, he has played 4 massive games for this club and hardly had a shot to save in any of them.

• I know a bit about goalkeeping (I stress the bit) and I don't think there is a rizla paper of difference in overall terms between Ingram and Lynch - indeed if you could combine the latter's catching ability, speed of thought and athleticism with Ingram's physique and reflexes you would have the complete 'keeper!

• Pierre was immense. He looked a cut above any of the Villa defenders and he must certainly have a great career ahead. As he said himself " it is not where you start but where you finish". Hopefully we can hold onto him until the end of the season.

• Fantastic performance - very proud to be a Wycombe fan

• Ciaran Clark is an International - Pierre has quite a way to go to be at his level but he played very well, but isn't consistent once he adds that he will be moving up to the next level.

• Pierre is an international too!

• What a great day, stewards good, queuing for the bar in the Vere well managed, crowd lively and players excellent. Great day. Good to see the players in the Vere after the game got some photos with them and the kids. Went downhill win the Glass later and talked to the many Villa fans still drowning their sorrows, to a man they were a good bunch of lads, good humoured and very complimentary about Wycombe.

Roll on the replay as I can see us doing a job up there.

iM a very happy (if slightly hungover) Chairboy today, well done is!

• 2 games for a nation of cricket players is not an international, maybe technically but not anything like the standard clark plays at.

• Still an international though however much you want to slang of our players, club, staff and fans. Anyway, where is this striker we are signing and the goalkeeper Mr in the know.

• @richmayes999 I don't necessarily disagree with a lot you say on this forum and you are obviously a realist but also a wind up . What I am interested to know is : do you have any positive views on the players , manager , club in general ? even I , who could be accused of being a little controversial , have at least acknowledged positives and celebrated success....

• Hard to fathom ain't he.

• I haven't missed a game for longer than superfan and I know exactly what Im talking about, I am a wind up but I know the game and our players very well.

• as you know so much what happened to the striker we were signing then and the goalkeeper? You keep avoiding the questions!

• It's quite ironic that @bourne70 is calling someone else a wind up.

• nothing is going to be happening yet, the deals are in place but people need to go out for people to come in as you well know it all goes to the last day. Harriman needed to be done for the fact the somebody else might have tried to hijack it I suspect.

• I smell bull! You said the other day it was happening, you are quite clearly deluded about your insider knowledge, just admit it!

• Is that your real name lmao, just pi** off and wait and see.

• edited January 2016

Touched a nerve haven't I. How long are we going to have to wait as you implied it was imminent didn't you. Where are these goalkeepers as well or were they hi-jacked also?

• edited January 2016

@rolo, it takes one to know one clearly!

Ewan, put him on ignore, soothes the soul!
    The boy don't know jack.

Any clown can make an "incoming" up, and then eventually settle for, "well it got scrapped didn't it"
    I always run his nonsense straight through someone who is ACTUALLY In the know, and none have even made any radar ever

• put me on ignore your a tool

• Have you thought about seeking professional help @richmayes999 ?

• have you thought about getting a life, I doubt you have been to 234 games without missing one.

• and some people will probably say after that I need to get one.