Skip to content

Match day thread: Villa

Comments

• Come on Wycombe!

• And that, is why we don't play Woody at left back.

• Lynch is not good enough

• @Wwfc2015_ Not good enough to what...? Be on the first team sheet at his current ability? Yes, you are correct. But that is why he is not on the first team sheet. In case you forgot, Ingram is suspended. What do you suggest instead? Moron.

• doing well wish we didnt hoof it so much tried keep it on the desk abit more villa are crap we could take our time abit on the chances we could win .

• I'll get it in now. That is a fantastic shift from Matt Bloomfield.

• @arnos_grove Agreed, possibly our best player in the (not very good) first half and some quality touches in the second.

• @bill_stickers said:
    Wwfc2015_ Not good enough to what...? Be on the first team sheet at his current ability? Yes, you are correct. But that is why he is not on the first team sheet. In case you forgot, Ingram is suspended. What do you suggest instead? Moron.

The only moron here is you...I have a right to an opinion and should not be insulted. Get. Life.

• @Wwfc2015_ No seriously, you've totally missed the content of his reply, which does pretty much confirm you as the moron.

• As long as your opinion doesn't. Make.you.look a.moron? But when it doe's, don't be amazed when somebody calls you one!

• Great team performance and well deserved replay. Gutted I didn't go with my gut feeling of 1-1, thus gave betting a miss, but a replay at Villa and extra revenue for split gate receipt and possibly another TV opportunity. Awesome day all round for the Chairboys. Well done lads.

• Some people on here are morons. I did get his point.I know that Ingram is the number 1 however what I was saying that Lynch is not good enough regardless whether Ingram is injured or not. Yes he is the only keeper that we have my point was imo he is not good enough to be the WWFC, 1st or 2nd. Sone Ww fans really are pathetic and bullies.

• Big well done to lynch proved himself today. Awesome team performance, on to the next round well done proud moment.

• It gets better BR one down

• Congratulations to the club amazing feat

• Opps forgot to make a shout out to Lynch. Well done and took the occasion in his stride. Credit to Club for having faith in our youngons. Plus looks like Lynch has grown taller a bit and looking fearsome.

• You have to give lynch credit for all the big matches he has played imagine the pressure . No he is not the best keeper but you have to respect him.

• Agreed, he has done well.

• edited January 2016

Some Villa fans forum comment's;

http://www.villatalk.com/topic/14506-ratings-and-reactions-wycombe-v-villa/?page=1

They don't believe there will be many Villa fans at Villa Park for the replay.

• Respect for Lynch, and well done the boys and the club ....

• @StrongestTeam; Haha,

It was a broken link so edited and amended to suit.

• those Villa fans better turn up! We're relying on a big crowd to get our 45% worth!

Even 32,000 at average £25 would be a £800k gate, and thus £360k pay day to us

I noticed Exeter are talking about Liverpool away as a potential 700k earner for them.

Am struggling to see their maths.

Even a 40,000 sell out at £35 a ticket average would be £1.4m, x45% gives 630k

Are they charging £40 average then?

• edited January 2016

As for Ingram, did ok I suppose, but as per play offs, both legs and final, he again didn't even try a drive for their goal!
    Invaluable experience for him though, as it's pretty clear Gaz sees him as our next Number 1 if Ingram gets sold.

• Lynch had a very good day. I'm confident he will be fine at this level should Ingram move on to new pastures.

• Why was Richards booed so much? He scored their goal and had a good game so was booing aimed at him for those reasons?

• A wonderful afternoon. We were full value for a draw and could easily have won.

Return leg at Villa park will be fantastic, whatever the turnout. And we have every chance of getting a win. The Villa players will be under huge pressure. If they don't perform well the criticism from the stands will be far worse than they received today.

I was surprised we went with only two central midfield players. It seemed to me that one up top and an extra body in the middle would have helped. Until the goal, villa found a lot of space. Thereafter, they created a relatively little and Bloomfield & onien put in a real shift to close down space in midfield.

Both Pierre and Stewart were superb and lynch deserves a special mention for (once again) doing everything that could be asked of him.

Another payday awaits (although I doubt the crowd will be more than 20k) and we are in the draw for the fourth round!

• Surely Richards was booed as a result of the Amadi-Holloway booking because some felt he'd feigned his injury? Personally I didn't think it was a foul but had no doubt that Richards was indeed hurt.

• @wingnut Booing was after his 'injury' after Holloway got booked for the foul.

• No he committed a bad foul on the Woodlands side in 2nd half.