Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twelve Years of Blooms

Saw on twitter that it's Matt Bloomfield's twelfth anniversary today. Does anyone know if there's a list of long serving players about? I'd love to see how many players spend that much time in one club.

Comments

• edited December 2015

remember him coming in as a 19 year old, and being a good midfield combo with Burnell in the Gormania days.
    Gets plenty of niggly abuse at times, but played his way back into the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a year or 2 extension at the end of this season too.

In terms of long service, Ryan, Carroll, Brown and Cousins all had their 10 year testimonials. I know Crossley was close (maybe 9 years - but still awarded his testimonial year), not sure there's been others?

• Tony Horseman and John Maskell both did over 15 years + over 600 appearances. Len Worley before my time but similar length service I believe.

• If your question is long service with a club, and not just WWFC , then names that spring o mind are Billie Wright the other WWFC, Tony Adams, Ryan Gibbs, and one of my favourites Matt Le Tissier.

• Whoops Ryan Giggs

• I was thinking of all leagues, think it's a bit of sad statto coming out! I love watching Gareth climb up the manager time served ranks too!

• Stanley Matthews exceeded 12 years at BOTH Stoke and Blackpool.