Skip to content

Twelve Years of Blooms

Saw on twitter that it's Matt Bloomfield's twelfth anniversary today. Does anyone know if there's a list of long serving players about? I'd love to see how many players spend that much time in one club.

Comments

• edited December 2015

remember him coming in as a 19 year old, and being a good midfield combo with Burnell in the Gormania days.
    Gets plenty of niggly abuse at times, but played his way back into the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a year or 2 extension at the end of this season too.

In terms of long service, Ryan, Carroll, Brown and Cousins all had their 10 year testimonials. I know Crossley was close (maybe 9 years - but still awarded his testimonial year), not sure there's been others?

• Tony Horseman and John Maskell both did over 15 years + over 600 appearances. Len Worley before my time but similar length service I believe.

• If your question is long service with a club, and not just WWFC , then names that spring o mind are Billie Wright the other WWFC, Tony Adams, Ryan Gibbs, and one of my favourites Matt Le Tissier.

• Whoops Ryan Giggs

• I was thinking of all leagues, think it's a bit of sad statto coming out! I love watching Gareth climb up the manager time served ranks too!

• Stanley Matthews exceeded 12 years at BOTH Stoke and Blackpool.