Skip to content

Villa Pricing Policy

Is it just me but does the Villa pricing policy appear unfair on the home Terrace support particularly the U18 who can go to the oxford match for £5 but being asked to pay £15 for the cup game and Terrace adult £13 v £20 other areas of the ground are pretty much as they are for normal games.
We should be encouraging the younger support

Comments

• Make hay whilst the sun shines. The club need to maximise revenue from this opportunity.

I have to get 5 tickets rather than the usual 2 as there is a lot of interest in my household but I see it as helping the club out in these desperate times, rather than malicious scalping

• I think there usual prices are cheap tbh, rather than these prices being a rip off

• In most sporting events you pay more to watch a higher class of competition. To see a Premier team (albeit not for long) is somewhat more attractive than crap second division opposition.

• Don't forget with prem opposition the policing and stewarding bill will be higher than a normal fl fixture.

• And the club only keep 45% of the ticket revenue anyway, so on most tickets they'll be making less than a normal league game.

• Perhaps the rise in prices is a bit steep, but we have to bare in mind that our league prices are amongst the cheapest in the country (£13 for an advanced terrace ticket is a bargain in modern English football). I'm more disappointed with the decision to give the Beechdean Stand over to Villa, as I'd have thought we wouldn't have too much trouble selling out this match. Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic?

• With it being on TV, I think around 8,000 is all we will get.

• Yes, I think the fact that it's on TV plus Villa aren't that glamorous a draw to the floating neutral limits it a little in terms of the potential gate. If we were talking a top half Prem side (or even Chelsea, ho ho) then we'd probably get closer to a sell-out.

• hmmmm, perhaps I'm showing my age, but I always see Villa as one of the big clubs in the country, but despite a history that would be the envy of all but a very small handful of clubs, I guess they're not anymore. That said, they're still way bigger than the likes of Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford etc.

• Not sure BT Sport will lure away as many floaters as Sky or a terrestrial channel but 8000 would be great anyway both financially and in terms of atmosphere.

• Actually I am a bit disappointed to hear of a hike in prices. This is unbudgrted additional income in addition to very substantial unbudgrted TV income.

Always saw an occasional cup run with a very occasional 'glamour' tie as a bit of a reward for the loyal fans attending bog standard lower league matches. (For absence of doubt no I am not now one of them.

Seems a bit cheap and unnecessary to hit the regular fan for an increased price for such a match

• DevC - remember there is an F A Cup rule under which you can't levy a higher charge to away supporters. Consequently if prices were reduced it would have to be all round leading to a considerable reductipn in much needed income. There will also be much higher policing and other costs to come out of the match receipts.

• Maybe but from a much larger attendance.

• What do you think of the hike to end all hikes at Exeter City then? There has been a strong consensus both on here and on other social media that Wycombe's prices are reasonable. I think most people feel that 9 January could be one of the great occasions in the history of Wycombe Wanderers and, unusually, there has been virtually no carping. (I am aware @DevC that you will be incurring significantly higher travel costs than most home supporters.)

• Come on Dev...we don't get many opportunities per season to fill the coffers and have a full(er) Adams Park. It's worth a few bob more.

• I don't know what Exeter have done. Can't say I will lose sleep over it but have to say I think it's a shame that we have raised prices. Fair enough that you take the opposite view

• I don't mind the club cashing in to be honest. Let's face the "hike" is less than the cost of 2 pints of beer over the festive period. Not too much of a sacrifice is it? In my case it will have to be the forfeit of two eggy cheese burgers as I rarely drink alcohol. Might help me lose some weight as well!

• I pay £11.20 a game with my season ticket in the Family Stand, so if I was gonna pay £25 for a seat it was gonna be in the upper tier. I'm a tad disappointed with the hike, with no discount for STH, but looking at the bigger picture I won't miss the extra too much and if it rids us of the stench of the previous regime, then it's for the better

• Sadly we won't be rid of that stench until Beeks is shown the door.

• The more money we make from occasions like this, the better the chance the club are able to keep matchday prices as low as they currently are.

When compared to £22 to go to Luton game, £20/£25 looks pretty good value!

• The hike disappoints me, but realism and the fact this may be our only big (ish) payday of the season.
    I was amazed at only paying £15 to get into The Den thank you Millwall.
    But I still managed to talk 15 of my work mates into agreeing to come to the game. So far I am £400 out of pocket. So assuming they all pay up this week the price hike appears to be acceptable to the casual supporter.
    Only us regular fans seem to know the price of ticket. Best this season the afore mentioned Millwall, worst I think £25 at Stevenage. (I may be wrong as I had a few ales that day)

• The Villa fans think the prices are great. The pricing is the lowest of their tiered pricing bracket

• I was a bit suprised the prices went up so much. I am happy to pay but it will be difficult for those going as a family and used to paying much less which saddens me. If we still get a good attendance finacially it will be well worth it but perhaps they shouldn't have put the kids prices up so much if it puts families off. It was the big moments watching wycombe as a kid which made a lasting impression for me.

• looks like only 1000 tickets left, they will all go surely.

• Suggests the pricing strategy was pretty much spot on then.

• I think Andrew Howard has done a fantastic job with this club since he came onboard and lots of things are right and most getting better.

• Pricing maybe, but not allocation. We could see Wycombe fans missing out due to giving Villa two sides.

• Really? Everyone has now had a chance to get a ticket. Sure there will be the odd valid reason why some haven't got one yet but that's down to circumstances not policy

• It does appear that we'll comfortably sell out this match, quite possible 2 weeks in advance. It would indicate we were a little hasty in offering Villa so many tickets. Personally, I've yet to book my tickets (x2), as I need to wait until I'm paid. Sadly that may mean I could miss out on tickets, with them selling so fast. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for their Christmas pay to come through before they can book? If I missed out to fellow Wycombe fans, well that's tough luck, I can accept that, but I'd be rather miffed about missing out because we'd allocated Villa more tickets than was required.

• Professional marketing for a change. Straight out of the Apple playbook. Make it more desirable by restricting demand unnecessarily. It's surpising how much more attractive things are when they are in short supply.
    Personally I'd have preferred them to wait until they saw what the interest locally was befor deciding to definitely give the Beachdean away, but I'm sure they've sold a lot more tickets at this stage doing it their (our) way.