Skip to content

Danny Rowe

2»

Comments

• I wonder if he reacted badly to the McCarthy loan, reminded the gaffer of some promises made when he agreed to move from Rotherham which GA didn't take too kindly to and things descended from there. A total guess on my part, but Ainsworth strikes me as someone who is really has zero tolerance to being challenged. The knock McGinn is suffering from could also be covering a similar discussion. It would be nice to see Rowe back on Fri to prove me wrong. McGinn too - it is only a friendly after all!

• I think Rowe is injured and has been for a while, but that's just my guess.

• We never did find out the real reason for Spring being permanently frozen out of the team.

• Didn't Spring stop getting picked simply because if he played more games for us we'd have had to stump up more money for him?

Anyway, it's patently obvious the reason Rowe has been frozen out of the team is because Ainsworth discovered he's actually a Zygon sleeper agent.

• For those who still feel we were unfairly deprived of seeing him play, Matty Spring Is now plying his trade at Hemel. According to their manager last week “Springy scored one of the best goals I’ve ever seen in my life – it was unbelievable. But even before the goal we had three or four great chances and their keeper made some excellent saves; he had a fantastic game."

Oli is there as well!

Read more: http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/sport/hemeltownfc/experience-is-key-as-brennan-hails-his-goal-hungry-tudors-1-7043462#ixzz3rGhE3x2X

• Matt Spring's goal is 1:15 into these highlights

• "One of the best goals I've seen in my life"......? Really? Am I missing something...? Either you haven't seen many goals or only recently got your eyesight back.... Good goal, yes but best goal ever seen.....think not. Should take a look at Siddo's goal the other day, or Harriman's efforts this season or Mawson v Luton, or, or, or etc etc

• a tangential update on Gavin grant. I see another player is in trouble with the boys in blue http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/14021663.Former_Wanderers_player_charged_with_betting_shop_robbery_in_Wycombe/?ref=mr&lp=12
    Would they have ever played together in blue?

Any more candidates for the "old lags" 11?

• Ashton came on 11 times as a sub for us according to COTN.

I noticed that in the Lincoln home game in August 2008, Ashton came on at half time and joined Chris Zebroski and Gavin Grant on the pitch. That''s 3 candidates from 1 match alone!

• Add in Super Simon Garner, who got put away for a short stretch for - I seem to remember - blowing all his money rather than declare it in a divorce settlement.

• I would imagine as Rowe is a young player and McCarthy is doing well, GA thinks he'll better training and getting fit than messing about with a settled defence. As he always maintains, a small squad means everyone is within an injury of a starting place.