Skip to content

Danny Rowe

Does anybody know why Danny Rowe has not featured in the squad for the last few weeks? I am assuming he is injured, but haven't seen anything, unless I have missed something.

Comments

• McCarthy was brought in after some less than impressive performances by Rowe, but im unsure why he has now been ommitted from the bench.
    With Anthony Stewart near to full fitness, young Danny could perhaps benefit from a spell out on loan to a conference club to gain some expeirence.

• Ainsworth said that Rowe hasn't featured because of the calibre of player available to him to fill the bench. Something along them lines.

• But he can not fill the bench !?

• @bourne70 We've filled the bench our last 3 games, ever since Hayes and Wood returned.

• I wonder if Peter Murphy will get the blame ???????????????????

• I believe I read three or four weeks ago that Rowe was ill and saw one or two oddly worded twitter posts along lines of "lets do it for Danny". One possibility must be that the illness is a little more serious than just a cold. Lets hope he is back soon.

• Gaz confirmed after the Carlisle game that nothing is wrong with him now and that he had narrowly missed the bench due to the calibre of the competition.

He pointed out that McGinn can fill in at DM, defence can be changed by moving Sido to CB and that Harriman and Wood were able to cover RB and LB.

• Oh no, let's hope it's not a cold of "Grant" proportions, could be years before we see him in the famous quarters again!

• Call me an old sceptic, but a bench with three CMs and no defenders preferred? Doesn't ring true to me.

• @DevC It's certainly not due to a serious illness.

The reference to winning for Danny was due to his birthday.

I'm sure it won't be long until Blooms/Hayes/Kretz or someone else picks up a knock and Rowe is back in the matchday squad.

• @DevC said:
    Call me an old sceptic, but a bench with three CMs and no defenders preferred? Doesn't ring true to me.

I tend to agree, but that is what he said.

No idea what, if anything, could be going on behind the scenes.

• If he doesn't start at Halifax I doubt he will be at Adams Park much longer. FA Cup will see as near as we can muster a 2nd team. I fear a start for Lynch, Rowe, McGinn, Sellars, Amadi Holloway & Bloomfield. Praying we are not headlines on Monday as a Giant Killed.

• He signed a 3 yr deal, and Gaz stated he's one for the future. Ainsworth will play his strongest team, and so he should.

• edited November 2015

That's the weirdest excuse I've heard. Ainsworth's 'array if talent' on the bench that doesn't include the one central defensive cover we have?! The player GA kept bringing back to the club because he admired him so much; the player who could easily be playing defensive midfield right now if it wasn't for Bean's good form? Nah, doesn't ring true whatsoever. Rowe was one of the squad players on poppy selling duty last week, along with Lynch, Holloway and Kretch, so his virus can't be contageous. And he's not a major enough player to necessitate smokes and mirrors over his fitness, like Hayes and Ingram. Which leaves me fearing he's fallen out with Ainsworth. I really hope not. After the way he's been repeatedly marginalised by the club over the last 15 months the guy deserves a chance.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Oh no, let's hope it's not a cold of "Grant" proportions, could be years before we see him in the famous quarters again!

I understand Mr Grant launched last week an appeal against his conviction.

• @EwanHoosaami Funny you should say that, the last time I saw young Daniel, he was wearing a very smart suit!

• I don't really understand all this fuss about Rowe. Quite simply, Rowe is a young player, who's performances this season haven't warranted a regular starting place. His time will come I'm sure, but at the moment Ainsworth has better options. Talk of a falling out are ridiculous, with a luxury of a near fully fit squad, someone has to miss out and at the moment it happens to be Danny.

• agreed Wycombe85

• How is a young player going to improve unless he is getting some time on the pitch?

• edited November 2015

I don't think the games I saw Danny Rowe play he was any worse than the rest of the defence...but I suppose if you are paying a loan player from higher up the leagues he will get precidence. Rowe is certainly better than that Villa bloke who got sent back...

• "That Villa bloke" (Janoi Donacien) came on a month's emergency loan and returned at the end of that period. He played 2 games - the first out of position as a central defender and the second at right back where he had a very good game. He has since featured in several games for Newport County - eg against us when he was outstanding and against Bristol Rovers where County won 4-1. Respect.

• He was definitely first choice at the end of the season before last.

• @StrongestTeam Cheap prospect! Really? You make it sound like he was signed as a stop gap. So we give out three years deals just like that? The lad turned 20 last week. Hes not a Fola Onibuje is he. Gaz was keen to make sure we had him on board and I rate him as a good footballer, he has had a good football education and I think he will become as important to us in time as the likes of Scowen were. Not sure where his best position will eventually be, Maybe a defensive midfielder, if not a centre half.

• Strange comment re Paul Hayes.

• Rowe not on the below-capacity bench today. Either he's injured or Ainsworth is deliberately keeping him out of the squad.

• @StrongestTeam - if you'd said he's no Alfie Mawson that would have made more sense - whether true or not. To compare a teenager - sorry, he turned 20 on 24 October - just starting his professional career with an experienced pro like Paul Hayes would make no sense even if they played similar roles/positions. To say he is no Paul Hayes is inappropriately demeaning to a fine young footballer with considerable potential.

• @micra Just caching up now as was away yesterday on business... thank you for saving me the trouble of making this comment. Rowe - Hayes - utterly stupid comparison to make. Bugger - I have made it anyway!

• It just seems odd - for me Danny Rowe prior to the head injury a few weeks back was the stand out Centre Half,I'm a huge fan of Arron but Rowe edged him.If he is fit why does he not figure.Suggests a falling out with the Manager?

• @DaiGethin said:
    It just seems odd - for me Danny Rowe prior to the head injury a few weeks back was the stand out Centre Half,I'm a huge fan of Arron but Rowe edged him.If he is fit why does he not figure.Suggests a falling out with the Manager?

Something seems odd, a long time with injury and sickness in my opinion, wonder if Rowe makes an appearance against Leeds ?