Skip to content

mansfield away

word is the game is all ticket and none being sold on the day

Comments

• yep thats right

• Done it for the past few years. Most annoying that they don't stand up to the bullying authorities. I understand they won't get their safety certificate should they not comply, but a peaceful protest movement in the right places could change all that

• Thats what caused all these ticket problems at mansfield in the first place. Simple if u want to go then get a ticket.

• @wycombelad how is that simple, for those that can't make a commitment to go, until the day? Bit of a selfish view don't you think?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    wycombelad how is that simple, for those that can't make a commitment to go, until the day? Bit of a selfish view don't you think?

Cant make a commitment until the day??? This is utter bollocks...i know guys who travel to home games from all over the country... You know if you are going to be able to make an away game at least a few days before. Its simple if you want to go then get a ticket

• Actually, that is really not true. Life is often not as simple as that. I go to quite a few away games and prefer to buy tickets in advance but sometimes just can't. Or even, on occasion, like to give myself the option of not travelling 200 miles to stand at Accrington in the pissing rain (foolishly, I usually end up get cold and wet).

And now, I have a ticket for brizzle on a Tuesday night that I'm really not going to know till the last moment whether I can get away from work in time to get there, so cant cash it in before the game.

• @wycombelad with respect it is you that is scribing "utter bollocks" to use your terminology. Some of us work in retail, others are "on call", some may be on zero hours contracts and may not get notice of work until the day. There are many varied reasons, so please take your head out of your selfish derrière and perhaps think of others situations that may not be as cut and dry as yours.

• With respect whether you work in retail or not has no affect on whether you can buy a ticket the game. A large percentage of our fans work in that sector but know a few days whether they cab go or not. If you are 'on call' theb with due respect you should not be considering going over 100 miles away anyway. With respect to @tom_doust, a tuesday in Bristol i get but not a saturday at mansfield and as for the accrington comparison mansfield is a tidy ground with a roof, so its uncomparable witg accrington, where we seemed to get drowned every year.

Bottom line is the game is all ticket for us, has been last season and will be next. I have planned around the game. @EwanHoosaami alot of us have to use our hoildays to get to games!!! So stop moaning

• @wycombelad Why are you arguing with people about their personal circumstances? They know more than you. There are plenty of reasons why people might not be able to determine whether they can go in advance. It might be easy for you, but have a bit of empathy. It isn't the same for everyone.

Not knowing if you're going to be working, health problems that might flare up, childcare commitments, transport issues - there are lots of reasons why people might want to make the decision at the last minute.

• With 2 or 3 exceptions a season I never decide until the morning of a game whether to go or not, home or away.

I see no reason to buy in advance for a ground that is less than half full.

• @Chris - Spot on. @wycombelad - tending to go to left of certain characters on keyboard!

• I have tried to find out why Mansfield make games all ticket for away supporters but without any success. Is it just us or are all opposition fans covered? Does anybody know?

• At the end of the day it is entirely up to Mansfield how they deal with tickets for away fans. Just except it and stop moaning Ewan.

• it is for every team they play and is strictly adhered too on police advice due to safety certificate.

• if you phone Mansfield and ask to speak to the secretary you will be told the same.

• @mooneyman said:
    At the end of the day it is entirely up to Mansfield how they deal with tickets for away fans. Just except it and stop moaning Ewan.

I don't believe it is 'entirely' up to them how they deal with tickets for away fans eg don't think they can charge a higher price to away fans for similar seating to home fans.

• I can't understand though why Mansfield are different to virtually every other club in this league. Are their local police more hard-line than others? Do the club hope to obtain some unspecified advantage from this policy?

@mooneyman, I just don't except (sic) things without explanation for to do so would mean that 'they' be it a government or as in this case a football club can get away with treating people like unthinking sheep to their own, possibly nefarious advantage. I can see many reasons why supporters would not be able to make a decision until the morning of the game, a restriction which incidentally does not apply to home supporters. Therefore as a potential away supporter I am suffering a comparative disadvantage which goes against the spirit if not the letter of Football League regulations and I want to know why.

• I would not condone you or anyone else for that matter taking the chance, but I have it on good authority from fans of a few other clubs and from a few Wycombe supporters last year, that the policy is something that has been forced upon them by the authorities, however it is not particularly strictly policed. Yes, there are no signs up in the ticket hut for away tickets, but if you ask convincingly they are pretty happy to sell them at a small mark up.

• The policy has been forced on them by previous events at their games. Mansfield are not an innocent club. An element of their fans are very nasty and the pronlems their club had a few years ago led to this ticket situation. Im not arguing with anyone @Chris just stating that. Nothing about a wycombe game is easy for me. Balancing work, childcare and health all affect me, but if i want to go i get a ticket simple!

• @wycombelad FYI I'm not moaning, for myself on on behalf of others. Please take the time to digest my comments. I merely ask that you stop being such a selfish twat and have some thought for your fellow WWFC support that do not have the luxury of knowing that are going to be free every Saturday. Is that really such a hard thing to comprehend?

• @EwanHoosaami, i myself am not free every weekend! How am i selfish? Did i tell the stags to make it all ticket?

• Some funny comments Wycombe lad... I remember when I was young single and could do whatever I wanted.

• @wycombelad I quote, "can't make a commitment till the day???? This is utter bollocks. I know guys who travel from all over the country who travel to home games who work in retail. You know if you're going to make an away game at least a few days before. The fact that you can be on call means you shouldn't be considering an away game some 100 miles or so away anyway" etc.
    Firstly, please show some of that respect by putting your point across without stating someone else's view is utter bollocks. Secondly, being "on call" does mean that an end to that period could be 10.00 am leaving plenty of time to travel by car? I unfortunately have to "dance to the tune of my piper", that piper being my customer, whom could show me enough profit in one transaction to pay my mortgage and bills for a month. As many on here will atest, that is one massive carrot, that takes priority over WWFC & an away match.
    Why not take a broader view of the fan base rather than the view in your mirror?

• Look get a ticket or dont its not my doing @Ryan_W dont we all. Obviously you have to plan more than most. Kids, mortgages and jobs effect us all but that isnt going to change the fact the game is all ticket!

• @wycombelad do you really have kids and a mortgage??????

• I can say with 100% certainty that kids mortgages and jobs do not effect (sic) all of us. Happily, none of the above. Health of course is an entirely different matter.

• @EwanHoosaami yes i have both as well as a highly stressful job which requires around the clock working 7 days a week. I have to plan my season when the fixture list comes out. Its very rigid, i dont have thr luxury of being able to make last minute decisions to go to games

• @micra im sure youve served your time of such constraints so you deserve some freedom.

• @wycombelad You work 7 days a week, do you watch Wycombe on the 8th day then?

• Round the clock seven days a week at that. Sounds challenging.