McCarthy
    Bean
    Luke
    Sammy
    AAH
    Ugwu
    Thommo

• Wood is injured I think.

• Hayes warming up with the players but not playing today and his treatment is going well according to the club on twitter,great news we need him back asap!

• No Harriman?

• @bill_stickers, strong bench bud. So we are looking good for this match.

2-nil win to Blues.

• Yennaris starts for Brentford today.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Away coverage on player?

It's 3 counties, so we're getting the Stevenage commentators for the first half of the half, then @bluntphil after that I believe.

• Yeh! Not happy with the away coverage. Rather do without radio coverage and have our own commentators (and Phil of course).

• Listening to these commentators makes me hope for a win all the more!!!!!!

• Predictable that there where going to be no changes at half time, same olde, same olde stuff. Losing 2 nil to Stevenage.

• Oh dear. Promotion challenge running out of legs.

• The commentary sounds alien. Thought I'd somehow "tuned" Player to another match. Then, after a few minutes, I heard a reference to Jombati. Don't like it at all. Alright, I accept that, excellent as they are, commentaries by @bluntphil et al have a Wycombe bias but that's what we should expect. We want it to feel like we are in the company of fellow fans, that's what we pay for and that's how it normally is. Hope this is a one-off. (Doesn't help that we are losing, of course!)

• Horrid game. First half was particularly dreadful. Stevenage off their feet in every tackle and deservedly collected 5-6 booking through the course of the afternoon.

Sadly kretzch, O'Nien and Bloomfield did not do enough to earn us the ball in midfield and we only looked like breaking Stevenage down in the final 15 minutes.

Harriman did excellently when he came on.

Why some of our supporters feel the need to abuse the players, manager and other supporters around them is truly beyond my comprehension.

• MBSMBS
    edited October 2015

We have nob head section, normally found at the Valley end up behind the goal. We are heading for 12th at the end of the season, hopefully with a good FA cup run.

• Someone on the Facebook group is suggesting there was a punch up between our own fans?

Not sure which is more tragic, the infighting or the recent attempts to sing Wonderwall at games...?

• Hang on granted we have not played well so far this season but there is plenty of time to turn it around . How many teams are nowhere and end up in the top 7 , what is all this we may as well give up bollocks . Still think we will be top 7 and no doubt we will sign some decent loanees, to me Harriman is vital to start .

• Getting sick of four central midfielders and Ugwu up front. Rarely happened last season but Gaz's starting lineups are costing us points at the moment. Holloway, Harriman and Sellers/Wood must start against Newport.

On the plus side the new defender looks better than Rowe.

• Plain and simple the combination of lots of endeavour in midfield with little creativity don't work.
    I can't say if Ugwu is any good or not as neither of the front men received any service at all today. Last few minutes were frantic and fun but a shambles.

• For me that was the third or forth game in a row (possibly more) where everything was just too narrow with no width . Then for the third or forth game in a row we suddenly looked more dangerous after new substitutions have given us width ...

• Im in agreement with @bourne70 seemed to send balls long and down the middle today until Sellers and Harriman came on.

• we've got to start with wingers on tuesday

• Nobody has commented on missing last week-end due to international call-ups. Often it's cited as good because it refreshes the players blah blah blah but I thought we were well off the pace, especially in the first-half.

Maybe a friendly at a local Non-League club on Tuesday would have kept the players in the actual match mindset?

• I keep quiet and don't slag off players and managers at the game. But on the drive home the opinion was this was down to Gareth. Started with no width and lumping it up aimlessly to Ugwu who couldn't trap a bag of cement. I don't think either keeper made a save of note throughout the game. Matt Ingram will want to forget the 1st goal, their 2nd was a case of their big feller wanting more. The change came far to late. Harriman changed the game when he came on, despite not being fully fit. We got what we deserved today, sod all.

• Deeply frustrating game.

Agree with @bourne70, Harriman and Sellers almost turned it around. Did the former not start because he wasn't 100% fit?

Ainsworth of course knows more than I do, but Ugwu seems to offer size and muscle and little else, while Holloway has more skill and tricks, and wins more often than not in the air. Puzzled by why he's not starting. My team for Tuesday, assuming that Hayes and Wood are still not fit, would be:

Ingram

Jombati
    McCarthy
    Pierre
    Jacobson

Harriman
    Bean
    O'Nien
    Sellers

Thompson
    Amadi-Holloway

• Whilst it's frustrating in terms of individual matches, such as today, it's clear that Ainsworth won't risk starting unfit players, or players recovering from injury. I'm sure he'd loved to have started with Harriman today, but with a busy week coming up, he's probably wisely held him back in the hope he'll be fine to start on Tuesday.

Sadly we having to cope with more injuries than we had to deal with last season and this is hindering our performances, despite that results have generally been good. Let's hope with Harriman's return and hopefully Hayes soon (although we've been saying that for ages), our performances will improve. Certainly no reason to be downhearted.

• Let's be honest, injuries are killing us at the moment. Last season at this stage we did not have any injuries at all until Hayes was out for 6 weeks in the new year. We had a cracking side then but were quite poor during that time. This year we are picking up lots of niggly injuries along with something more serious for Hayes and more serious still for Stewart. If we can get 11 fit on the pitch something like Ingram, Jombati, Stewart/Rowe, Pierre, Jacobson, Harriman, O'Nien, Bean, Wood, Hayes, Thompson/Amadi-Holloway, we will have another good season. Not enough quality and depth for top 3, but challenging in and around the play-offs. That would still be a great achievement....

• I think that too many on here are pinning their hopes on Hayes being the panacea of most of the team's woes. I have my doubts that he will have as big an impact as we hope? No doubt that there will be a big improvement, whether it will be enough remains to be seen.
    As for today's match, for me, we were the better side until that freak goal and then it was a dire offering until half time. I must say that I had presumed that the Westley influence would have gone from Borough under Sherringham, how wrong could I have been? The cynicism of their fouls and time wasting took it to a new level. It's the first time I've witnessed time wasting from the 15th minute onward and how they finished with all eleven on the pitch will remain a mystery!

• First half was diabolical. Second half changes should have been made earlier, in fact on the half. As much as fans fail to fathom the cross from Harriman was possible by AAH making a simple pass i.e linking midfield to attack that's our achillies heal we don't do enough or can't consistently.

Our forwarders feed off scraps and when we do manage to put a decent cross in, we don't seem to be on the end of them, surely we do drills in training to anticipate where the cross is likely to end up.

What's happened to our deadly set pieces these days ?

We got to offer something different other than our high intensity, hoof and hope pressure game as we have been sussed and it's not working until last 20 minutes when unfortunately we are chasing games.

C'mon you blues, up the anti and take these ganes by the scruff of the neck from the off.

• Well let us not point a finger at Stevenage tactics as the cause of our demise. We have no width, pace or creativity. We are not playing a passing game but simply lumping the ball forward more in hope. I don't particularly care if the rose coloured glasses brigade savage me for my comments but the truth is that we are not playing good football this season.