Skip to content

Comments

• Weird, I expected the Cambridge comments to be full of bitterness, petty sniping and claims of gross injustice.

Oh, they are.

• They don't seem to understand it is the Linesman's job to get involved.

• Pretty balanced comments.

• edited September 2015

I was near level with the incident. The linesman hesitated, (I believe), as he was waiting to see if the ball finished in the net. Once it was clear that a defender got to the ball in time and cleared the ball, at that point he waved his flag to give his view point. Sensible if you ask me.

• Clearly some are still sour about last time we played them and had their man sent of for stamping on Ingram.

"It's clear to me that the striker (obviously a mate of Ingram!) has ploughed straight into Dunn"

• To be honest, Ingram's behaviour in that game last season was embarrassing, and we'd be fuming if it had been the other way round. Doesn't detract from the fact that the ref had no option last night but to send their keeper off.

• Matty's reaction, at Cambridge, to being kicked by their player was a bit theatrical, certainly. But then the stupid pillock shouldn't have kicked him, should he?

• Come on...own up...which Wycombe fan was it who told them it wasn't a penalty?.

There always seems to be one at every game agreeing with every injustice of the opposition fans...according to them.

• Didn't Matt ingram kick or stamp on the guy first last season? His actions in that game were an embaressment and hopefully he's learnt from it

• Have to agree that the pen and red card were harsh. Ugwu touches the ball and runs into the keeper. To me it was incidental contact after the event. Had the keeper stuck out a leg or pulled Ugwu it would have been different.

It changed the game, which could have gone either way at that stage.

• Borderline for me, but probably a penalty. It's impossible really to tell from the highlights, but it looks like the keeper didn't get the ball, and if he hadn't collided with Ugwu then Ugwu would have scored.

• From a referee perspective it came down to who touched the ball first (Ugwu) and was his path obscured after that touch (yes). The keeper gambled that he would get the ball and didn't. Once he failed to make any contact with the ball it was a foul all day long, last man, goalscoring chance etc etc. If it were Ingram I would have no arguments about him being sent off.
    A totally neutral friend of mine thought the protests were nothing short of embarrassing and I have to agree.

• Richard Mooney clearly knew the keeper was going to get sent off, as the reserve keeper was already stripped and putting his gloves on before the referee had even brandished the red card. Haven't seen the replays but in real time from the family stand looked like a dead cert penalty, and so by the letter of the law the keeper had to go as he was the last man and denied a clear goal scoring opportunity.

• The way I look at it is...the ref gave it and we got three points (eventually).
    It looked like a pen to me from the Beechdean...last man v goalie and all that.

• Righty - at Cambridge Matty walked backwards and accidently on purpose trod on their bloke's foot - which probably hurt a bit as I expect he is fairly heavy - but doesn't excuse the reaction which it provoked. These people are paid for what they do and should therefore behave like professionals and not react like school children. Yes - Matty was probably trying to provoke him and the Cambridge man got suckered: tough titty - retaliation is a red card offence. I remember Peter Murphy provoking a Morecambe player into a similar response last season - another red.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub What he said. It's a foul, whatever the keeper's intention and everything else follows automatically. It feels harsh because I don't think he intended to clatter Ugwu, but that's really irrelevant.

• "Laker wrote:
    "Cracking strike to win it. I have now seen Wycombe twice since we've been back in the league and I'm not particularly overwhelmed by them. I mean, if you like game management, and 'ref management' then they're excellent. But that's not my bag thank you."

Read more: http://www.wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=415436#ixzz3nEKzng2G

I bet if they were top of the league "Laker" wouldn't say that!

• err...I love Matt Ingram, and I'm very fond of this Wycombe team in general, but Ingram deliberately trod on the bloke's foot and then went down as if poleaxed at the slightest touch. It was really embarrassing and the Cambridge fans were rightly furious

• I don't think Cambridge's fans should be "rightly furious" , it happened last season .Still a bit pissed off maybe , even moderately angry or lacking in a bit of respect for the guy but"still furious " ....come on ! I am all for passion at football matches but I could not give a shit about the wrongs of another teams player from two weeks ago let alone last season . I am sure our man isn't that proud about what he did and I don't think people on here dragging it up helps one bit .

• Deliberate - debatable. He was walking backwards so could claim he didn't know the bloke's foot was there. Poleaxed and slightest touch? The Cambridge man booted him and their fans have nothing to complain about. Matty probably made a bit of a meal of it but if I'd been kicked in the ankle so might I. If his was an over-reaction then so was that of the Cambridge supporters

• I meant rightly furious at the time. Although if someone did that against us I reckon he'd deserve a bit of stick

• Bourne70 is right. They should move on.

• They should move on, but to be fair every club has it's fans that won't let go of any perceived injustice, us included.

• Logically football fans should move on from these types of events but that is surely what partially defines a football fan. All logic is out of the window and we can hold small and petty grudges against players, managers and teams for years and years.
    I think I've picked up a fair few over the time I've watched football. I'm not bothered about moving on.
    I can see why Cambridge fans boo Matt Ingram.

• it was last season thats why, all your morons sing murderer at luke mc cormack still after about 7 years, thats sad !!!!!!!!

• There is no comparison whatsoever between what the two goalkeepers did

• lol ...manslaughter vs stumbling backwards and treading on a foot ! good job you ain't a judge rich my man !

• edited October 2015

99% of the teams we play, have this or that to say about us. Facts remain we work with what we got and go about our business in the fashion and belief our Gaffer demands.

It's works for us so happy days. Last season there we a few outrageous decisions in last few games that went against us. We didn't whinge and moan about it for ever more.

Ugwu would've have been through on goal if the keeper didnt impede him which he did because the ball was going towards goal. If keeper was stood still and held his ground then Yes, no pen but he didn't.

Anyway we are after 61 points and there is a long way to go and on the plus side, we ain't really got into our stride yet. The lads are teasing us.

• For me this is a no brainer... looked like a penalty on the night and still looks like a penalty on the highlights. The keeper came out, he didn't get the ball.... and clattered into Gozie. If he hadn't came together with Gozie I have 100% no doubt he would have scored.
    What did or didn't happen last season with Ingram is totally by the by....!!!

• Im saying that football supporters hold grudges, he served his time and should be left well alone. Im sure he knows what he did was terrible.