Skip to content

Comments

• A fairly negative opinion really

• @bourne70 Thanks, that made me laugh.

• My opionion, I hope we play smart as we did against the O's, I may sound negative, but I'm more than happy to come away with something for next one or two games versus the top 4/5 teams in the league.

Sombody is going to be on an wrong end of a thumbing from us soon with the bad luck we've had in front of goals.

• Bit extreme Cider. Who do you think will be performing the act?

• Is that some kind of new variant of fingering, popular among the lads at the back of the terrace?

• Where's the gasroom komedy klaxon when you need it?

<3 Gasroom 1.0 4ever

• oh, if I must.

PARP

• @Ciderk1d Are you advocating another defensive away performance like you wanted last week? Are you thinking this based on the incredibly dull Premier League football we have pumped down our throats by the media? We are the best performing away side in the country and we don't need to change a thing.
    A win and a loss is better than two draws remember.

Oh and no trademark random LOL either. Have they stopped?

• I don't think Exeter's form is as good as it may first appear. The result against Orient is unreliable as a form guide: Orient had a rookie goalkeeper playing that day who had a bit of a nightmare, including conceding a totally unnecessary penalty very early in the game to give Exter the advantage. Taking that result out of it, in the other three of their last four league matches they have beaten Hartlepool (so did Wycombe) and lost to Wimbledon and Accrington, which doesn't look so impressive.

I'm going for a 0-1 away victory.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Ciderk1d Are you advocating another defensive away performance like you wanted last week? Are you thinking this based on the incredibly dull Premier League football we have pumped down our throats by the media? We are the best performing away side in the country and we don't need to change a thing.
    A win and a loss is better than two draws remember.

Oh and no trademark random LOL either. Have they stopped?

@Right_in_the_Middle,

Yeah, see your point, I'm being negative I know but just want to grab something from next two hard games, if will come away with a win that'll be great.

I'm still debating on a replacement mojo or acronym trademark, as your "Right Next to me" you'll be the first to know.

• edited September 2015

@Uncle_T It's their home record that's good.

Apart from 3 wins and a draw in the league, they also beat Portsmouth 2-0 at St James in the JPT.

But with our away-record, 0-1 is as good a shout as any.

• 0-2 for me. The South-West remains a good hunting ground. Thomson to score first. It's his time.

• Some delightfully unbiased reporting from the Western Morning News ahead of the game. I'm half expecting us to start with Darth Vader and Lord Voldermort upfront tomorrow - http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Paul-Tisdale-consigns-previous-encounters-Wycombe/story-27863819-detail/story.html

• They're still bitter then, sod 'em!

• I think a point against the Os was good at this stage of the season and with my optimist's hat on I reckon we will get a win at Exeter. The strikers will have to start scoring soon won't they?

• I think there are some very sour grapes still being sucked on in the South West. Maybe they are from the same batch that the knuckle draggers of Bristol consumed?

• While this does seem a peculiarlly negative piece and excessive timewasting when drawing 1-1 at home seems unlikely, it is a fact that our reputation amongst other supporters for gamesmanship, time wasting and being "anti-football" is real. While no doubt that reputation is emphasised by our very strong recent away record, in honesty at times we have overstepped the mark. Once you get a negative reputation , it will take a long time to shake off.

rarely in fact have I ever heard of a managers reputation being so diametrically opposed between his own and opposition supporters. I see GA as a very honest man oozing integrity. Just about any Lg2 supporter sees him as a cynical cheat.

Still 3 points tomorrow and i suspect few of us will complain

• I thought Tisdale's comments in that article were balanced and professional. Unlike the journalism.

• Tisdale IMHO opinion is a class act and very possibly the best manager in the division - (beating GA on experience at present). A significant proportion of Exeter supporters cant stand the man.

• It seems bizarre to me that teams complain about our gamesmanship (which yes - on occasion has been somewhat embarrassing) and yet being well aware of it, don't seem to be able to deal with it beyond blaming it for their own mistakes. As far as I see it, gamesmanship with long 'injuries' and substitutions often rebounds unless you already have the game sewn up, which is rare at our level.

• In terms of gamesmanship/timewasting, etc.. we don't do anything which other teams do not, themselves, practise against us.

• That's why most games ours is the last to finish with 5 or 6 minutes added time, Ainsworth should stop this before we become as hated as any Prestley team.

• Agree Algernon...it is rife. But I can live with it if we win the League...if not I will be as disgusted as robin and demand it is stamped out!

• Bang on @Wendoverman ! Agree with your earlier remark about trying to run the clock down when the game is anything but sewn up, and THAT is definitely, in my view, something which we try too often and doesn't always work (think Wembley) and, besides which, makes my bum way too squeaky for comfort...

• You will find WD40 helps with any squeaks you may have Algernon!

• Already tried that @mooneyman - only made it smell bad.

• I assume the "injury", they're referring to article refers to was Yennaris in the closing stages of our 2-1 win. I think the "journalist" is well off the mark with his assumptions. From what I remember, yes he received lenghty treatment on the pitch, but he was also treated for a minute or 2 off the pitch, before eventually returning clearly in pain. He certainly didn't "jump to his feet" as the article claimed.

If we had wanted to hang on to a 1-1 draw, then it's unlikely we'd have finished the game with 3 up front and our players had ample opportunity to roll around on the floor and fiegn injury from the numerous cynical fouls Exeter committed towards the end of that match.

It's a shame that this guy keeps stoking the flames (he wrote a similar article after the last match) of a rivalry that shouldn't exist. I've always admired Exeter and their manager, but the abuse their fans gave our injured players last time out has really stuck in my mind. Very sad to hear boos and taunts being directed at clearly injured players being helped down the tunnel.

• that article is frankly an outrageous liberty and an absolute insult to a professional such as Nico Yenarris, not to mention a tiny squad who were on their last legs but heroically found the strength from somewhere to keep going and get a win

Gaz should post it up in the dressing room and tell the lads to go out and shove it down their throats

• I did have a little exchange with Tisdale during our home game last season. He said it must be sad being a Wycombe supporter as you don't see any football played. He was pretty angry and I obviously provided him with a deserved response. I also told him that he should rise above such derisory comments taking into account his position.

• Completely agree @eric_plant. Further to what I wrote yesterday, it would have been pretty unproffesional of Yennaris to feign injury and leave us with 10 men, with a corner to face in the 90th minute of such a crucial match. Again, it seems to have been beyond this journalist to fathom that.

And yes,much as I admire Tisdale, he did say some very uncomplimentary things about Wycombe in their local press after that game. A shame, as it was a thrilling game between 2 very good sides, but all we heard from Exeter afterwards was sour grapes and downright lies regarding our players.