Skip to content

Your Board

Hi Guys

Leyton Orient fan here in peace. I live in Wycombe however so have always felt they are my local side!

On our board, it is a bunch of egotistical imbeciles flexing their low IQ brains, and very little football chat. Was wondering if you guys had any way of limiting that, as yours seems to be very footy related!

Also, what are your opinions on Matt Ingram? Is he as good as he is cracked up to be?

Thanks

Comments

• On this board there are separate categories for football and non football chat. Also a decent group and good admins helped. Ingram is if anything underrated and will play at the highest level.

• Smaller club with slightly old fashioned attitudes compared to many long standing football league teams. The historic hard core are a thoughtful bunch, the youngsters who don't embrace that soon get bored and go onto other social media.

• CB1997. This is usually a reasonably civilised place - but a word of warning. Be careful with your grammar. Our pedant police are second to none...

• Pedant in Cheef ere. Wotch it son!!
    This seems to be the sight for considered, mature comment. Whoops, think I meant "site".

• Can't wait to hear from @AlgernonFudgebucket !

• I grew up in Leytonstone so Orient are sort of my second team (along with West Ham)

This board has improved tremendously since its new incarnation required registration - we have lost all the windup moronic anonymous comments.

And, of course, Ingram is better than Yashin.

• I preferred the old board.

• Pro gasroom 2 for me. Old board forever virus infected and popping up with unwanted ads.

A lot on this board are well informed and not just a bunch of happy clappers and very good opinions on what, who and where threads.

Sometimes it can be a bit slow (no gossip or thread updates) but most of the time good stuff, nice banter and not toxic.

Will head over Leyton's forums for a butchers.

• Board gone downhill since blue_w was banned!

• I hated the previous site as there were to many anon posters who wanted nothing more than point score.

• The board has been much improved since we got rid of Steve Hayes. Dark spectres of the past refuse to go away though.

Regarding Matt Ingram, he will be a Championship player very soon in my opinion and in any other league apart from England probably the top flight. But top flight in England means you are one of the best 4 or 5 English keepers of your generation - maybe, maybe not.

• The board isn't the point, both were/are as good as each other, its the people who put the content in that makes it an interesting place to come. Ingram will only get better.

• I can't see Ingram playing in the Championship (or Premier League) before Daniel Bentley does.

• I much prefer the new site it's pretty obvious what's an attempt at a wind up and what's a serious contribution and where else outside the early 1980s can you debate the merits of prog vs punk.

• @micra said:
    Pedant in Cheef ere. Wotch it son!!

Son? Obviously technically correct but a good few years since I've really qualified for that. But thanks!!

• @bookertease : Not you old chap! My jest was directed at young @CB1997 and prompted by your tongue in cheek "warning".
    Good to get compliments from other club's supporters.

• We thought our Jamie Jones was going to be a top flight keeper, and then he had injuries, and then he was a bit of a twat. Check out our board, www.leytonorientforum.co.uk, it is truly awful compared to yours, you lot seem very civilised compared to the apes on ours! Ingram looks good from what ive seen, Daniel Bentley very overrated IMHO.

• Have to be a bit controversial here and say that, from the little I've seen of Daniel Bentley, I would put him on a par with Matt. I said as much in response to @bentley1 when he made a one-off comment about how excited he was that his club would be playing at a higher level. The excitement, he said, explained why he had registered on Gasroom 2 at some ungodly hour. I kinda guessed he was a Southend fan! Strangely quiet since.

• Just been speaking to a mate who is a QPR fan and he reckons they are in for Bentley on loan with a view to a permanent deal!!! Interesting

• If you want proof that Wycombe fans can be morons online too, just check out the Facebook fans page. Iz banter innit.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If you want proof that Wycombe fans can be morons online too, just check out the Facebook fans page. Iz banter innit.

No thanks, will stick to my beloved gasroom 2 with my cuppa.

• Hello Micra. Apologies for being a bit slow. As far as technology is concerned I'm still in the Stone Age. Still trying to get used to all this. Enjoy reading the comments though. COYB!

• @AlgernonFudgebucket : Been going through similar process myself, having acquired a laptop (and now an iPhone) very late in life! Alarmingly addictive.

• Good evening Micra. Would have no idea how to work an i phone. Blimmin' lap top is enough of a problem. I think I like this site better than the old Gas Room. It seems (to an old fart like me) a bit easier to follow, and I've worked out how to make a comment - which I never cracked on the old one. Palaeolithic!

• Well stone me - Palaeolithic. Confess I had to look that one up!
    iPhones are a doddle compared with the laptop and much less trouble when you're on the road. When EE took over T.Mobile earlier this year, the monthly cost for my basic mobile rose to within a fiver of the rate for this iPhone. No-brainer really.

• But... I kind of miss bits of the old Gasroom. On here, no comments for example on Jeremy Corbyn being elected as leader of the Labour Party and his subsequent refusal to sing the National Anthem (I'm with you there Jeremy old son). Not one! The old Gasroom would have had a field day.

Great for Wycombe Wanderers based threads but there is a world out there beyond the walls of Adams Park.

• What ever happened to Eddie Monsoon and his mate ?...gosh I've even forgotten his name now !...

• Bluebottle has a point, but nobody is prevented from posting that stuff or indeed on immigration. And if they do its a lot easier to read than previously.

• There are a few other categories other than "Football" on this board, but with so many sites and forums dedicated to general media coverage of ALL events and issues, I rather comment on those sites/forums I'm registered with than post on here.

I'm statisticaly annoying @drcongo data figures as it is. :)

• You're right, it is strictly a non-football thread, but I hear from a virtually active West Ham mate that their board is often the scene for lively discussions on all manner of subjects.

We reckoned the draw is often that of having nothing else in common than a passion for your club, and the forum(s) have been used to tackle racism amongst other social issues. A few years ago I was standing on the Terrace and heard some racist shouts... Any of that any more?