Skip to content

Team for tomorrow

My team for tomorrow.

Ingram

Jombatti Stewart Pierre Sellars

Harriman. Bloomfield Bean Wood

Holloway     Banton   

Subs... Rowe Hayes. Thompson McGinn Onion et al

My reasoning.... Give the old buggers a rest, Hayes and Thommo, and rest Jacobson, poor lad's head needs healing. As long the current injuries have been sorted out.

Comments

• I wouldn't think Thompson would be too happy scoring twice then not getting a start in the next game.

• we will be signing a player on loan today I would expect as Rowe has pulled a hamstring and stewart looking doubtful.

• Will blueh_w finally predict a transfer correctly? Only time will tell.

• Rest people?! It's our fourth game of the season!

• @floyd why not? Get a senior player too tired, regardless of how early in the season, then the subsequent injuries tend to be more serious. Makes sense to me.

• We can't possibly play Bloomfield with O'Nien and McGinn available. We need legs in that middle.

• I might leave Hayes out as he has looked shite other than that keep with the same team as much as possible.

• @blueh_w said:
    I might leave Hayes out as he has looked shite other than that keep with the same team as much as possible.

Not the only one to notice Hayes hasn't done much. Hopefully he finds his mojo, till then I wish Banton partners Holloway as those two seem to have a good understanding of each others game.

C'mon GA try the pair upfront.

• The team shamefully is only top of the league by one goal. May have a 100% record, but one measly goal FFS. Clearly wholesale changes are required urgently. Useless tw*ts.

• I thought Hayes has referreed the games quite well this season

• I might leave Hayes in, as he does so much that anyone with more than nine braincells can see quite clearly. He's like a puppet master up front, controlling the whole of the rest of the team as though performers on his strings. A virtuoso conductor coaxing beautiful music from a school band with dodgy instruments. A master painter for whom the football pitch is but a canvas on which to impose his beautiful imagination.

"shite" my arse.

• He has been pedestrian at best, he needs a kick up the arse. Barton won't start for a while and Thompson has been fantastic so far.

• Barton ?? Is that your next signing prediction ?? Joey or Dick ??

• I see the muse has struck you Dr Congo. Pure poetry. Other than the last sentence - more Ricky than William though the latter was not averse to a little coarseness, of course. Paul Hayes may have reduced his workrate a little so far but isn't that why his good mate has been brought in? As you suggest, he directs proceedings superbly and I cannot recall a better skipper in my 40 years as a Wycombe fan.
    If, as seems likely, Pierre is the only fit centre back and no-one has been brought in on loan, my guess would be that Sido would move inside and Michael Harriman move back.
    Knowing how JJ enjoys his football, he will no doubt be keen to play but GA may persuade him to take a break. If so, Sam Wood would be ahead of young Ryan Sellers for the left back position. Interesting times (already!)

• @drcongo said:
    "shite" my arse.

POTD @drcongo . Couldn't have put it better myself. Hayes brings so much to the table - other than his ability to unlock defences with a sweet touch or deft flick, or score pearlers such as the one at Stevenage last season - he is a truly great captain, constantly encouraging, cajoling, leading by example. Have people forgotten how we struggled without him at the turn of the year, how devoid of direction and quality we looked? Just because he hasn't yet hit the heights that we know his performances can reach doesn't mean he should be dropped from the team after just 2 starts. "Kick up the arse" - what a cock you are @blueh_w .
    And I'd be pretty pissed if I was Garry Thompson and was left out at the expense of Jason Banton having put in three gargantuan shifts and contributed 2 goals so far.
    But then Aaron Amadi-Holloway is probably not too happy being on the bench given his contribution in the first couple of games either.

Lucky Gaz to have such a dilemma!

• Same old! new guy scores two and the top man Hayes is shite. Till next week lmao.

• I cannot believe some of the old moaners on here.

Tricky away game won, obviously try and keep the same 11.

And, obviously don't drop the Captain.

• Yep, let's drop the captain of the side after back to back league wins. I'm glad Ainsworth is in charge.

• Well we do know how astute, insightful and accurate Blueh_w is. Spot on DrCongo. And very eloquent

• yes he is a big part of what we do and is a brilliant captain but I feel holloway and garry are more mobile currently.

• in fact I bet you he is carrying a calf injury !

• I think GA is just resting players more than benching them ,must be tiring to play game after game.

• Holloway was bemoaned because he didn't score enough goals and wasn't match fit but hey presto managed 120 minutes of football at Wembley and played majority of the last 4-5 games, was also a costant thorn for the opposition, plus has scored but hey lets bench him?

So give him the platform to score more as we have with Thompson, fairs fair in love and war.

As for Banton, hevneeds more than token minutes to express hinself and I can't wait when he does make a start.

• I didn't advocate that players are dropped, just rested after a pretty hectic start. Anyone that has played football knows how tiring it can be playing twice a week and especially if you get a knock and especially as you get older. The team I came up with is has 5 different players than those that started on Saturday, with no real discernible change in quality IMHO. We have a good solid squad. 5 players totally refreshed and roaring to go. Bloomfield would be in to skipper the side. Thommo looked shattered after Saturday and we need to look after our assets, it has nothing to do with 'dropping' them.

• Your team is your personal choice as others. Was more the saying Hayes is shite from another.

• I really see your point but it won't happen.

• @MBS said:
    My team for tomorrow.

Ingram

Jombatti Stewart Pierre Sellars

Harriman. Bloomfield Bean Wood

Holloway     Banton   

Subs... Rowe Hayes. Thompson McGinn Onion et al

My reasoning.... Give the old buggers a rest, Hayes and Thommo, and rest Jacobson, poor lad's head needs healing. As long the current injuries have been sorted out.

This selection has my vote.

• Who are these morons that have been calling Hayes "Shite". Come on..he has an ok game which we still won 2-0 and as always was an excellent capitaine and creates so much with his passing and general enthusiasm. and you call him Shite !! FFS what does he have to do... He is and will remain a Wycombe legend. Maybe you should bu**er off and go and support MK.

• @FrijidPink said:
    Who are these morons that have been calling Hayes "Shite". Come on..he has an ok game which we still won 2-0 and as always was an excellent capitaine and creates so much with his passing and general enthusiasm. and you call him Shite !! FFS what does he have to do... He is and will remain a Wycombe legend. Maybe you should bu**er off and go and support MK.

One person ITT said Hayes is "Shite". Hope this helps?

I advocated trying a different forward line as I don't think Hayes has played well and I would like to see other combinations that's me.

I will sign off and say I believe we have quality squad.

• Plus > @FrijidPink said:

Who are these morons that have been calling Hayes "Shite". Come on..he has an ok game which we still won 2-0 and as always was an excellent capitaine and creates so much with his passing and general enthusiasm. and you call him Shite !! FFS what does he have to do... He is and will remain a Wycombe legend. Maybe you should bu**er off and go and support MK.

Plus I'm not keen on roundabouts :(.