Skip to content

Wycombe fans are vermin

2»

Comments

• Yes, Wycombe fans are vermin

• @Tory_Goon In the absence of a like button, "like".

• @Tory_Goon said:
    I think the "what a cretin" line was probably me. It was directed at the referee who had just made yet another poor decision - possibly connected with his inability to count to 10. I was still ranting at him when they scored I think. It was not directed at any player and I did not boo at any point during the game (though many did obviously).

Just setting the record straight on that particular point.

P.S. I stand by my view. He WAS a cretin...

All a bit Andrew Mitchell/Downing St policeman isn't it?

• @eric_plant can I expect the referees union to go on the attack now?

• @Tory_Goon said:
    I think the "what a cretin" line was probably me. It was directed at the referee who had just made yet another poor decision - possibly connected with his inability to count to 10. I was still ranting at him when they scored I think. It was not directed at any player and I did not boo at any point during the game (though many did obviously).

Just setting the record straight on that particular point.

P.S. I stand by my view. He WAS a cretin...

No question that's you Goon, clear as day!

• @floyd Who else would call someone a cretin in this day and age?

• I'm only suprised the words 'Cad' or 'Bounder' were not used.

• I thought he was being accused of onanism.

I don't think he contributed much to the experience.

• The booing was out of order. Even if the team are not having a good day, which they didn't, it is not the thing to do as no good ever comes from it.

• I too thought people were booing the ref..... After all he was crap.

• He certainly was.

• There ought to be some way of expressing discontent with the referee at the end of the game without it being mistaken for discontent with the team.

Booing is ambiguous

• It's unusual to boo the ref at full time, half time maybe but not full time. The booing I heard from behind me was definitely aimed at the players as it merely reinforced the intemperate shouting which had been going on during the match.

And yes, the ref was crap.

• That is the intrinsic problem with the Boo. In the same way Mr Craig could misinterpret the cheers from the crowd as Mr Holloway comes on for the last six minutes...as being for his 'performance'...

• @Wendoverman said:
    That is the intrinsic problem with the Boo. In the same way Mr Craig could misinterpret the cheers from the crowd as Mr Holloway comes on for the last six minutes...as being for his 'performance'...

I guess you mean MCcure's performance?

• Have I recalled it wrong....I thought Holloway came on for Craig against Newport as Hayes was already on for McClure.

• If booing is open to misinterpretation and cheering is equally problematic then perhaps we should make some signs to hold up naming who we are referring to.

Although I suppose singing "the referee's a w***ker" is pretty unambiguous.

• How else do fans show the players and management that they are unhappy with the performance? The reason people are booing is because, quite frankly, recently we have been playing really awful hoofball. The Plymouth game was an embarrassment and was repeated. Maybe we should get one of you to write them a stiff letter with fancy words? or do what they do in Spain and wave a white handkerchief. If you want to see booing watch some of the European Leagues if teams lose. We've got nothing on them. Like I say - you pay your money - can can have your say. and yes, I left early against Plymouth and I shouted that it was rubbish. Which it was.

• And we are still third in the table...

• At the end of a game I usually applaud because most of our players have usually been doing their best. I'll occasionally let out a quiet momentary boo if despite everything I'm feeling a bit pissed off about either losing or the referee being crap.

Its the British way.

• FrijidPink - do you cheer loudly when we play well?

Or do you just sit/stand there in silence?

• It does help if you consider that players might actually be human beings and for 90 minutes they are (usually) trying their hardest.