Skip to content

Sido and JJ extend contracts by 2 years

Comments

• Now that is good news! We are lucky to have JJ.

• Brilliant news!

• McGinn signs asell.

• Would say we will line up like this

Ingram

Jombati, Stewart, Pierre, JJ

Banton, Blooms, Onien, Wood

Hayes Holloway

Maybe switching to a 4-3-3 with Banton going up top

• I dont agree

Ingram

Sido Stewart Pierre JJ

Harriman Rowe McGinn

Hayes Holloway Thompson

• Not a chance, Thompson will start as well as mcgin instead of blooms 433

• I think you will find Rowe will a Starter.

• I cannot see GA leaving out Harriman and Rowe. I don't see Bloomers getting in starting 11 unless there are injuries. My 11 would be same back four. Midfield of Banton, Harriman, Rowe and Wood. Front two to start Hayes and Tommo with Holloway on in second half.

• I can not see Thompson being a bench player and what about Harriman he has not come to sit on the bench either ? I think Blooms with be a bench player this season for sure

• I think Sellers is very close if we play 4-4-2 depending on his dead leg.

• But its nice we have the Options now.

• possibly too many options and some players without a real position with some many jack all of trades !!

• Front three of Hayes, Thompson and Holloway lacks a tricky pacey player. Likewise can't see Rowe and Harriman in midfield. Loads of defensive ability but no vision or flair. Have to have a passer in there like Blooms, McGinn or Onien

• We don't have that many utility players. Harriman is the main one.

• So is Rowe.

• To be fair I would have thought the lions share of people on here have not seen any of the new signings play myself included . Harriman did play further forward for Luton and Thompson have been described as "pacey" by Ainsworth and Hayes !

• He's 33, can't be that pacey!

• Really ? Linford Christie won 100m Gold at the age of 32

• I think it will be similar to @Blueh_w's line up, with Wood instead of McGinn.

I still wouldn't be surprised if we go with a first choice back four of Jombati, Rowe, Pierre, Jacobson.

• A little bit surprising to me. Dont really understand this summers transfer dealings.

I had assumed that for whatever reason GA didnt greatly rate Sido, or that it appeared there were longer term issues with his injury recovery. That would explain why harriman was brought in to play RB (plus others who can also cover inthat position).
    But a club in our position doesnt hand out effectively a three year contract to a player out of favour. So Sido is presumably first choice RB.

Which means Harriman must be intended as a defensive CM. Slightly odd as we already have Bean, now have ONien, Bloomfield and Rowe is allegedly signed to play in that position also (even though he rarely played in that position last season even when we were very short of players). Which is strange.

Which suggests to me that Rowe is actually a CB and will play far more games in that position than he will in CM.

First team lineup will no doubt evolve based on form, injuries and opposition, but my predicted lineup for York (assuming all fit). Ingram: Jombati, Rowe, Pierre, Jacobsen: Banton Harriman Bean, Wood: Holloway Hayes

• Exceptional news about JJ and Sido extending their contracts.

I still can't quite believe we managed to get JJ in the first place let alone for so long. Fantastic scenes

• I agree about Rowe, but I also think Stewart has more pace and is more athletic. I feel if Danny doesn't play in Midfield he will have another wait on his hands and we all know how that turned out don't we.

• It appears to have turned out that he left a contract with a championship club to sign for a Lg2 club where he had spent most of previous season on the bench. Doesnt suggest he hated it here.

• I agree he must like it here, but he is also the youngest player in the squad so may have to wait for his chance.

• Rowe and Pierre for me every time. We still need that playmaker in midfield and I think Harriman will play defensive midfield role. It is fantastic news regarding JJ and Sido though. COYB.

• My prediction is that Rowe will be pretty much an ever present this season, injuries permitting

• Blue_since-1990 has you seen McGinn play ? it appears that Ainsworth thinks he is this "playmaker" if you read him comments as to why he signed him

• I think we are starting this season with a stronger one than we started with last season. Not sure if its stronger than we finished with, will need 6 weeks or so to decide.

• Ingram
    Jombati Rowe Pierre Jacobson
    Banton O'Nien Harriman Wood
    Thompson Hayes

If we play 4 3 3 then Holloway in place of Banton

• O'Nien wont start Im sorry but he has potential but that Midfield would be suicide.