Skip to content

Club shop

Does anyone know when the club shop last had replica home shirts in stock?

Comments

• I started a thread on the same subject a month ago.

• Surely they must be in stock before first home game? Can someone from the club comment?

• What's the word on this @DJWYC14?

• Finding out for you @floyd and others

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Surely they must be in stock before first home game? Can someone from the club comment?

If this tweet from the club in the previous thread on the same subject is anything to go by then it looks highly unlikely. On July 5 the estimate was 4-6 weeks. Seems that Kukri really don't give a toss any more.

• Hoping to be in stock in time for first game but struggling for a definite answer out of Kukri. Sorry I can't be any more help than that at this stage

• Thanks @DJWYC14. Hopefully most of us appreciate the club aren't to blame here.

• How much longer are we trapped in this contract with Kukri? It feels like a major revenue opportunity going to waste.

• The policy is hugely supportive for prices of retro Wanderers shirts on eBay though.

• I like the new training top well the blue one not the red, i'm wondering how many other fans would buy one if they're available.

• No major revenue opportunity is going to waste. Kukri pay WWFC a licensing fee. They then take any profit on shirt sales. It makes no direct impact on WWFC whether shirts are ever sold or not. Arguably there is an indirect effect on presence around the town.
    Whether the deal is a good one or not financially depends on how much the license fee was!

• not everything is about revenue opportunity is it?

The team got to Wembley and fans weren't able to buy a kit. a quarter of a year later they still can't. And that's a shame, regardless of how much money WWFC may or may not have lost

• DevC, just because Kukri pay a licensing fee doesn't of itself mean we would have no ongoing interest in sales - I would expect the arrangements to include a royalty on sales. Which makes the lack of stock more worrying financially.

• @eric_plant said:
    not everything is about revenue opportunity is it?

The team got to Wembley and fans weren't able to buy a kit. a quarter of a year later they still can't. And that's a shame, regardless of how much money WWFC may or may not have lost

That is shocking to say the least. Get rid.

• @Wig_and_Pen
    By all accounts no. We just get the fee.
    I am not defending Kukri in any way, just responding to Blue Since concern that we are losing a major revenue opportunity. it would appear we are not.
    I do agree its a bit of a shame though

• Sad times. Bad reputation of the club. Some friends far away from wycombe wanted to get me a shirt, only to be disappointed and now the whole city thinks we are tin pot as we cannot buy shirts!

• It is completely embarrassing. I work up north and a colleague's son collects football shirts where he feels he has a bit of a connection. Just by virtue of the odd chat about on the Wanderers on occasions he's phoned up for his mum, she asked if I could get hold of one for him. How tinpot did I feel saying that we don't have any for sale.

• If a club shop should have one thing it's a replica home shirt.
    I remember former managers complaining about not seeing enough people wearing our quarters in town. Well it's kinda difficult when they're rarer than certain species of galapagos tortoise.

• Perhaps a twitterbomb campaign aimed at their account @KukriSports ? If enough of us tweet them enquiring when they might be providing some stock it might provoke them into at least giving a rough date when they'll finally pull their finger out - maybe even an apology...

• Well its made me a right laughing stock in my city..can even get a kit.

• Pitch check, flood lights check and kit NO cheque.

• So how long does the deal with Kukri run?

• The club have stated many times that Kukri pay a fee to run the shop and sell merchandise and we only get the fee and nothing else, even if they sell 000s of shirts for Wembley. They have also said that, financially, it is better than us running our own shop (but that was when Wasps were involved so might be different now). I think the deal has one more year to run. However, it is a shame that Kukri can't be bothered to supply more kit! Probably means that they won't be carrying on when the deal ends...

• We lost some good staff when Kukri took over....just wondering is it possible there's something in the contract that enables us to cancel if supply's weren't sufficient....just wondering that's all...

• One reason to go to the Open Forum a week tomorrow is the opportunity to hear the latest information about commercial developments from Damian/Damien (!) Irvine. There was an Open Day recently for sponsors/advertisers.

• There was a couple of things I wanted to buy, not replica kit, and these were also only stocked in tiny sizes with no hopes of replenishment

• A club shop open match days only and maybe one day a week would perhaps make things more practical.

Could be staffed by volunteers if necessary.

• See. What have we been worrying about?

• Doesn't say how much stock it could be three shirts and a mug