Skip to content

Here's another idea!

Just a thought but has a 'clip-card' ticket solution ever been discussed? This would essentially be a mini-mini-season ticket which would appeal to supporters who knew that they would never see more than 5-10 games a season, due to a young family , working weekends, or even living abroad!
For example, a Blues supporter could have the option of purchasing a ticket with 6 clips equating to any 6 home games to a SLIGHTLY discounted rate. This would increase income to the club in the short-term and give these less flexible fans a greater degree of flexibility and a small financial incentive. Instead of them just turning up to 2 or 3 games a season this system could potentially double their visits to AP.

Comments

• Now that's a clever idea! My mate who is buying a season ticket with his 2 lads, may only be able to attend 6 games all season due to personal circumstances and work commitments. Better not tell him before he parts with his season ticket money.

• I get to very few home games due to living in North Yorkshire and working shifts but this might be of interest to me and my family.

• Sizzling idea Bacon keep them coming although you may get a grilling later on

• I like this idea

• They did do this about 3/4 years ago I think with the blues card. You could pay in advance for a certain number of games and they'd be loaded onto your card to use for whichever games you wanted. Think they were referred to as bronze, silver and gold memberships and it was something like 3,4 & 5 games at a tiered discounted rate.

It was great for me at the time as I knew I couldn't go every week but would go whenever I had the chance. The only problem is the more options you give the more confusing it is for the casual supporter and I think that was the main criticism at the time.