Skip to content

Midweek entertainment

This coming Tuesday (30th) there are several Non-League matches that may be of interest either very locally or within striking distance of South Bucks. All are 7.45 kick-offs:

FA TROPHY 2QR REPLAYS:

Beaconsfield T v Kempston Rovers
Chesham Utd v Haringey Boro

NATIONAL LEAGUE:

Barnet v Salford City

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Hemel Hempstead v Slough Town

BOSTIK LEAGUE SOUTH CENTRAL:

Marlow v Hanwell Town

HELLENIC LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Flackwell Heath v Ardley United
Windsor v Holmer Green

Leave a brief report if you’re going to one please.

Comments

• Slightly off tack I watched Maidenhead v Fylde yesterday .Ex Chairboy Danny Rowe bagging a first half brace . The Magpies seem to be suffering from second season syndrome no doubt not helped by being part time in an almost totally full time league . The six nil score could have been double if not for some woeful finishing and three brilliant saves by the Maidenhead keeper .Chatted to a couple of really friendly Coasters fans who had traveled down on the supporters coach . Apparently all away coach travel is subsidised by the club so that they only pay £10 regardless of the distance. I was surprised to learn that normally though the coach is only half full,

• That's not the same Danny Rowe, they dont even look alike.

• Thank you sir I stand corrected

• But you were at the game @Mr67

• Yes I was hence the report of the chat with the Fylde fans Btw in the Fylde squad but not playing due to injury was Lewis Montrose defiinately the ex Wycombe one !

• How many of the 6 did Danny Rowe score? I see that he has scored over 140 goals for AFC Fylde since he joined them at the start of the 14/15 season, tying with Dayle Southwell (then at Boston) for the Golden Boot in 15/16. Cheltenham were keen to sign him last August (and he was apparently keen to go) but AFC managed to retain him. He is much older than “our” Danny Rowe (29 in January).

• How can you be at the game, and still think it was the same Danny Rowe! LOL

• Micra he scored two. Malone please read the posts carefully before commenting

• edited October 2018

I re-read very carefully Mr67.

Which bit am I mis-reading?

• National League South:
    Hemel Hempstead 1 Slough Town 1

Apart from the last 10 minutes this was a great advert for staying in front of the fire on a cold night. A shocking game littered with errors came to life on 81 minutes when Matt Stevens latched on to a through ball to put Slough 1-0 up. Hemel sub Mendy equalised four minutes later.

With several top ex-EFL players on show this was at times desperate stuff for the 461 crowd. £14 admission didn’t help either. Poor stuff.

• North West Counties Premier Division

Bootle 2-0 Silsden AFC

The away team played the last hour with 10men, 2 second half goals for Bootle who were the better team throughout.

Gate around 80 with about a dozen Silsden, £5 to get in.

• Message to Malone and my last on this matter I had already acknowledged I had the wrong Rowe as I went by the name only so I didn't STILL think it was the same one as I stood corrected Yes I was at the game hence the report of my chat with the Flyde fans . Am losing the will to live now .Again please read carefully thank you .