Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midweek entertainment

This coming Tuesday (30th) there are several Non-League matches that may be of interest either very locally or within striking distance of South Bucks. All are 7.45 kick-offs:

FA TROPHY 2QR REPLAYS:

Beaconsfield T v Kempston Rovers
Chesham Utd v Haringey Boro

NATIONAL LEAGUE:

Barnet v Salford City

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH:

Hemel Hempstead v Slough Town

BOSTIK LEAGUE SOUTH CENTRAL:

Marlow v Hanwell Town

HELLENIC LEAGUE PREMIER DIV:

Flackwell Heath v Ardley United
Windsor v Holmer Green

Leave a brief report if you’re going to one please.

Comments

• Slightly off tack I watched Maidenhead v Fylde yesterday .Ex Chairboy Danny Rowe bagging a first half brace . The Magpies seem to be suffering from second season syndrome no doubt not helped by being part time in an almost totally full time league . The six nil score could have been double if not for some woeful finishing and three brilliant saves by the Maidenhead keeper .Chatted to a couple of really friendly Coasters fans who had traveled down on the supporters coach . Apparently all away coach travel is subsidised by the club so that they only pay Β£10 regardless of the distance. I was surprised to learn that normally though the coach is only half full,

• That's not the same Danny Rowe, they dont even look alike.

• Thank you sir I stand corrected

• Yes I was hence the report of the chat with the Fylde fans Btw in the Fylde squad but not playing due to injury was Lewis Montrose defiinately the ex Wycombe one !

• How many of the 6 did Danny Rowe score? I see that he has scored over 140 goals for AFC Fylde since he joined them at the start of the 14/15 season, tying with Dayle Southwell (then at Boston) for the Golden Boot in 15/16. Cheltenham were keen to sign him last August (and he was apparently keen to go) but AFC managed to retain him. He is much older than β€œour” Danny Rowe (29 in January).

• How can you be at the game, and still think it was the same Danny Rowe! LOL

• Micra he scored two. Malone please read the posts carefully before commenting

• edited October 2018

I re-read very carefully Mr67.

Which bit am I mis-reading?

• National League South:
    Hemel Hempstead 1 Slough Town 1

Apart from the last 10 minutes this was a great advert for staying in front of the fire on a cold night. A shocking game littered with errors came to life on 81 minutes when Matt Stevens latched on to a through ball to put Slough 1-0 up. Hemel sub Mendy equalised four minutes later.

With several top ex-EFL players on show this was at times desperate stuff for the 461 crowd. Β£14 admission didn’t help either. Poor stuff.

• North West Counties Premier Division

Bootle 2-0 Silsden AFC

The away team played the last hour with 10men, 2 second half goals for Bootle who were the better team throughout.

Gate around 80 with about a dozen Silsden, Β£5 to get in.

• Message to Malone and my last on this matter I had already acknowledged I had the wrong Rowe as I went by the name only so I didn't STILL think it was the same one as I stood corrected Yes I was at the game hence the report of my chat with the Flyde fans . Am losing the will to live now .Again please read carefully thank you .