Skip to content

Nathan Jones

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43857556

Can’t believe the arrogance of jones.

Comments

• I cringe as soon as I hear his nasal voice droning on on 3 Counties on the way home from Adams Park.

• edited April 2018

I thought the end of season league table indicated which club was most consistent!

Thoroughly nasty club led by an arrogant manager and employing the biggest cheat in football diving Danny.

• What. An. Arse.

• Reminiscent of Oxford's claims to have been the best team in the league while scraping home well behind Northampton two years ago.

• Reading, Oxford and Luton are all very similar in relation to arrogance.

• I suspect this is an attempt to bring some psychological pressure onto Accy who are really the best side in League 2 ;-)

• edited April 2018

Without intending to, he appears to be quite the most graceless man, wholly unable to pay a sincere compliment to another team without having to qualify it in some way. Thus, "I thought (the opponents) played well" must be followed by either "but we created the clearer opportunities and the draw was a travesty" or "they came here to achieve a certain outcome and they've got it so fair play to them though the result was a travesty, the referee has a lot of questions to answer and I wouldn't want to watch that every week."

• I have the horrible feeling I will be wanting Luton to win a week Saturday and hoping they have a ref easily fooled by DDH

• But looking forward to them imploding next season

• Could Nathan the "special one" have done it with Accrington's wage budget though!

• I listened to that sh*te on the way back and I nearly puked all over the steering wheel.

• The thing is of course that he's right. They do have by far the best squad and should have walked this league

That they have been beaten to the title by Accrington tells you everything you need to know about Nathan Jones as a manager

The fact that he's too thick to realise he's dammed by his own words is no surprise

Dreadful bloke, dreadful manager, sacked by Christmas

• It was perversely amusing listening to Jones's deluded graceless ramblings on 3CR, particularly his assertion that every team in the league shuts up shop against them. Considering the extra resources they have compared to most clubs in this league, they should have walked the league, certainly not come off second best to Accrington.
    Next season will certainly be interesting when they come up against teams with a similar or greater budget on a regular basis - whether or not the locals get themselves into a frenzied state because Nathan Jones's famous Luton Town have deigned to grace them with their presence.

• Still remember his celebration when they got that late winner at Adams Park and I wonder if he thought Wycombe shut up at Kenilworth Road?

• an utter moron. who the hell is he???

• You cannot be serious.

• "last game for a long time in league 2"

Well, a year is a long time in football.

• Funny thing is his Wikipedia page talks about his Christian faith. Not entirely incongruous - I'll be the last to judge on this one - but there's a hint of a lack of sincere humility about his words...

• Cant wait for him to get pumped

• Apparently the only way accrington have bested them this season was in getting more points. In all other areas luton were superior.

• It's one of my favourite Supremes tracks the Bananarama version never cut it for me

• He has a gift - making me feel warm and fuzzy towards the club that just clobbered us 4-0.

• Nathan Jones prattling on to the BBC about how great he is again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43964802

Most nauseously, he claims "It's brilliant to have God on your side."

If God loves him and football so much, why did he only finish second?

• There's no way in hell that god is a Luton fan.

• if he was he would burn the ground down its a hell hole of huge proportions !!

• @OxfordBlue - God may support more than one team and preferred Accrington.
    @drcongo - The devil is probably a Luton fan though.

• God is a useful Plan B if Diving Danny doesn’t fool the ref into giving Luton their deserved eight penalties per game.

• I think you misheard, in a moment of rare self awareness, he actually, said "God, who'd be a Luton fan?"

• Presented without comment:

"Too many things have happened to me in my career for it not to be God's will."

• Relegation will no doubt be Gods way of telling him he's great