Skip to content

Trying to understand the logic.

We loan Muller to Morecambe then get a loanee in ( Scar ) to replace him. Muller was supposed to be the real deal wasn't he, yet he is let go and an unproven player at this level replaces him. We have not signed a keeper, we must be the only professional league club with just one keeper on the books, and a pretty shaky one at that - the real disappointment for me is Tarpey to Barnet. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. Anyone who has watched Tarpey would have recognised that he is a class act, and I'm sure he'll be banging in goals for Barnet. Tarpey would have been an ideal replacement for Kashket - is he ever coming back.We don't know of course because it seems to be the managers policy to keep us all in the dark about injuries, why I don't know. The one sure thing about Tarpey's move is that it spells relegation for sure for Maidenhead.

Comments

• Muller derided last season as conference south at best. Maybe GA agrees that he is not good enough.

Only one Gk is allowed to play.

Perhaps barnets owner was willing to find a higher transfer fee and higher wages than wwfc could fund.

• I think ainsworth has made a massive cock up not bringing a keeper in

• And a centre half.

• We should get David Martin in free agent bags of expierience at a higher level and id imagine lives local having played for franchise for many years.

• @Blue_since_1990 , did you miss us signing a centre back then? Or are you commenting on the quality? Maybe we should have gone for a higher division "proven" defender...like El Abd...

• @Aok84 He'd be a good signing but I'd imagine he'd have a higher level / higher wage club in mind.

• David Martin is a free agent so could still be signed.

• would we welcome an ex Franchise player though ?

• @DevC said:
    Muller derided last season as conference south at best. Maybe GA agrees that he is not good enough.

Only one Gk is allowed to play.

Perhaps barnets owner was willing to find a higher transfer fee and higher wages than wwfc could fund.

When was Muller derided as conference south? I only saw that of WDH, most comments about Muller were that he needed a full pre season before we could fully judge him, but that he could clearly play.

• Muller wont play for morecambe in the league. Lets see what team they pick tommmorow.

• We'll be watching, Ricardo!!!

• I hope for Muller's (and our) sake that he becomes a regular starter, and Muller can use Morecambe as a learning curve into English football, coming back to us as a fully fit, ball playing centre back.

• David Martin has joined Millwall

• Unlike your inference @MBS I would say Muller is not a proven player at this level yet (see his performance vs Exeter away last season).

He undoubtedly has potential but needs a run of games, I'd far rather he gained this experience at a club within our division (no risk to us) than in our current shaky back line (risk to us and risk to his confidence also if we continue shipping goals).

So Muller gains first team league two experience and we gained a promising young championship centre back on loan; haven't had much luck with them before have we?

• @MBS it is quite logical. De Havilland and Muller were quite obviously not good enough last season so have been shipped out either to improve so they are or can earn a move elsewhere.

• From the pictures on the official, looks like WDH is back training with us. I don't think there's been any reference to his loan being extended or renewed...?

• My main concern is goalkeeper. If Brown does not improve by January, I hope we can at least accumulate enough points to mount a challenge if we have to pick up a stopper in the January window.

• I would suggest most goalies 'proven at this level' depend in some great part on the defence in front of them. I don;t remember a single one last season who I thought stood out/made stunning saves etc. (Cue a million posts pointing out great opposition saves)
    Brown may be a bit static, but he's pulled off a few decent saves so far this season behind a defence that hardly merits the title! Ingram and Blackman would have struggled to keep a clean sheet behind the performances we've seen so far. If GA sorts the CBs out, I think Brown will gain confidence and we will start to plug the leak of goals as a back five. Having said that, if we carry on scoring more goals than we let in...it just might work!!!

• edited September 2017

Anyone would think we've been spanked 5-0 every game this season. And how many people on here can honestly say that they have watched Tarpey play?

• @rmjlondon he has already played for them in the league...

• @Wendoverman said:
    I would suggest most goalies 'proven at this level' depend in some great part on the defence in front of them. I don;t remember a single one last season who I thought stood out/made stunning saves etc. (Cue a million posts pointing out great opposition saves)
    Brown may be a bit static, but he's pulled off a few decent saves so far this season behind a defence that hardly merits the title! Ingram and Blackman would have struggled to keep a clean sheet behind the performances we've seen so far. If GA sorts the CBs out, I think Brown will gain confidence and we will start to plug the leak of goals as a back five. Having said that, if we carry on scoring more goals than we let in...it just might work!!!

You've brought this on yourself. Mansfield's keeper made a string of excellent saves against us last season, and so did Carlisle's. Blackman was incredible in a few games himslef. Barnet away comes to mind. That's just off the top of my head.

• Mansfield was the one that came to my mind. A matchwinning performance, as I recall. Saved one of Bayo's back-post, roof-of-the-net bullet headers - great reflexes and technique.

• Tantalising - what was his name?

• The only save iv seen Brown make was against Lincoln when it was 0-0.......has he made one since? I think the defence issue has been bad but Brown is very poor

• Do you like any of the Wycombe players, @bigred87, or is following Wycombe your penance for something awful in your past?

• If Glen Hoddle is to be believed, every one of us Wycombe fans must have done something horrific in a past life.

• @bigred87 said: "The only save iv seen Brown make was against Lincoln when it was 0-0.......has he made one since? I think the defence issue has been bad but Brown is very poor"
    Away v Grimsby, came out and saved with his feet is another that springs to mind?

• Moaning about El abd and brown is with reason isn't it? They have hardly left a good impression from what iv seen, I can't comment on the away games as I haven't been...

• @drcongo what worries me is who I'll have to support in the next one

• Wycombe have employed Anthony Costa from Blue as a physio