Skip to content

Scott Kashket away kit sponsorship

Comments

• Tenner donated. Two great ideas @Chris @eric_plant . 'The Gasroom' please.

• edited October 15

Thanks for organising.

Donated and feel an away trip to watch Hornchurch should be on the cards.

Due to Cheshams FA Cup exploits they should be away at Chesham in Nov/Dec after having the Nov 2nd game postponed. Likely to be a Tuesday night and hopefully won’t clash with a Wycombe game.

• I encountered the same issue when using the PayPal app. Copy and pasted the link into my web browser and that worked fine.

• Already at £155!! Well done everyone

• 59 votes should equal £590 really.

Of course nobody has more than one account on here...

• Just donated. Great quick work all round. Thanks to @Blue_since_1990 and @Chris.

I voted when the thread was in its infancy. Look back late last night and the rest of you had already raised the money. Looked this morning and it looks like we have raised an equal amount for the Chairgirls.

Donating will make me feel good all day.

I am happy with whatever is decided as the Sponsor's name, would love it to contain "The Gasroom" as somewhere or indeed as alll of it. Now perhaps to slightly derail the thread in true Gasroom fashion ..........

Presumably the Sponsor's name is publicised somewhere - and we have a bit of a brand on here - there are a number of opposition fans who have felt welcome - debate is often rich - there are no annoying adverts thanks to @drcongo - and I'm sure people can think of more positives.

How about -

The Gasroom - top scoring fan's forum.

Or indeed ask Scott Kashket how he would describe The Gasroom!

• Donated!

• Up to £195 now, so £120 raised for WWFC women so far. I’m planning to keep it open until the weekend, then close it and make whatever donation we have generated by Sunday.

• Well done everyone!

• Donated. Thanks, @Chris for doing this.

• That is awesome and so is the amount raised for the ladies team.

Well done all, could more of the voters chip in too and that would be a huge amount more.

• Maybe we make it a yearly tradition to be the away sponsor of a different ex-player?

• Sensational scenes. Well done everyone.

• Of course, none of us know what it’s like to be a footballer, but I hope that Scott has good memories of his time here, and that it means something to him that he still means something to us.

Also, I’m probably being very dense, but what are some of the costs involved with the women’s team? I assume they pay rent at Burnham. Is their primary source of income from player subs? I assume players pay for their own boots and petrol to get to games. I’d love to think we could make it all slightly easier for them.

• Sorry to be a pain but I’ve no idea how to copy the link. When I tap the link my PayPal account appears with an invitation to.log in but when I do there’s nothing related to the Kashket cause. Extremely frustrating as I’m anxious to chip in.

Would you be prepared, @Chris, to DM me with your account details?

• I had the same issue, seems its not compatible with the mobile app. If you try on a desktop/laptop it works though.

• Firstly, what a great job setting this up and making it happen. Secondly, this story has @bluntphil written all over it - it definitely needs to be covered on a future edition of RTB, I’m sure Scotty would be up for a quick video call!

• Now that would be good 👍

• This was such a good idea. We have helped a lower league club.... shown appreciation and respect to a club fan favourite and helped put the women's team with a little extra cash.

Although I love the idea of sponsoring kashkets away shirt.... and helping out the womens team.... I couldn't have afforded to sponsored kashket or anyone else alone.... and equally I probably would not have even considered donating to the women's team.... and again I would have felt a meagre tenner would hardly be worth offering.

However... together we have contributed to 2 great things and I for one feel a little sense of pride for doing my little bit and proud of the gasroom community as a whole. Its wins all round 💙

• There is no fans forum that compares to the gasroom. Best in the country.

• Lovely stuff. Well done everyone, cementing our position as the best football community on the web.

• Top stuff.

They might need a huge table at the sponsors' dinner though!

• edited October 15

Come on ladies and gents let's keep the donations flowing. Over 60 of you voted on the name to go on the sponsorship

... only 23 donations so far.

Chris is stopping the collection on Sunday I believe he said. Even a fiver if you can afford it will be truly welcome!

• edited October 15

I know in business terms the ladies team has nothing to do with Wycombe Wanderers mens team but wouldn't it be amazing and great for PR if ML got wind of this incentive and chipped in say £500 from the lose change he finds down the back of his seat in his sports car....

• Donation made - on track for a good donation to the women's team too

• Donated - A brilliant idea - thank you @Blue_since_1990 and @Chris

• I’m still prevented from donating. I only have this iPhone for transferring funds and the link doesn’t work.

Have you seen my post asking you to DM me @Chris ?

I wonder if my difficulty is shared by at least some of the 37 voters who haven’t donated.

• edited October 15

68 votes now but, without access to the giving page, I’ve no idea how many of those 8 have donated.

This is a truly wonderful initiative which demonstrates the maturity and generosity of spirit of the vast majority of Gasroom contributors but I’m so disappointed to be “disenfranchised”.