Skip to content

Man of the Match - Crawley (H)

We picked up the banana skin and responsibly dropped it into the bin.

MOTM
  1. MOTM?74 votes
    1. Ravizzoli
        0.00%
    2. Grimmer
        2.70%
    3. Low
        6.76%
    4. Taylor
        6.76%
    5. Harvie
        2.70%
    6. Scowen
      58.11%
    7. Butcher
        0.00%
    8. Humphreys
        2.70%
    9. Onyedinma
        8.11%
    10. McCleary
      12.16%
    11. Kone
        0.00%
    12. Udoh (sub)
        0.00%
    13. Lubala (sub)
        0.00%
    14. Leahy (sub)
        0.00%
    15. Sadlier (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Only one option. Super Glue Scowen.

• Joe Low outstanding for me. Scowen and McCleary very close on the podium

• I doubt there will be too many non-Scowen voters?

• edited October 5

Absolutely. That was a right old scrap and no one better in a match like that. Every blade of grass again and fantastic positioning in our box, epitomised by his protection of Ravizzoli as the ball dropped into his arms from the crossbar at that late corner.

• A classic Scowen performance. Easy choice despite both Low and Taylor looking really good

• Scowen definitely. He was indeed every 'kin where.

• Josh no doubt.

• Harvie had an excellent first half but That was vintage Scowen today. How he is always where he needs to be is absolutely remarkable

• Scowen for me though run close by Low.

• Also Rav for 3 very good saves.

• Scowen created the goal, Taylor and Low immense. For his contribution in keeping our unbeaten run alive I went with Taylor

• Scowen, by a country mile.

• I voted Fred cos.... well... welcome home lad! 1st goal of hopefully many.

Obviously a sentimental vote from me as I agree Scowen was our player of the match today. All over the pitch doing what he does. Class

• Voted McCleary although Scowen was superb. Harvie continues to impress. I was skeptical to start with but he has grown into the role.

• Yes had to be Scowen. One or two players drift in and out of the game but you never fail to notice Josh.

• Josh, by some distance today

• He was good in the first half too, but that second half performance by Scowen was outstanding.

• Scowen masterclass

• Fred cos I’m a sentimental old sod

• Today almost makes me wonder if Scowen should play further forward until we have a lead, and then rotate back to the 4 to snuff everything out!

• Makes sense. Not totally convinced that that wasn’t what happened yesterday. But Josh is in a constant state of rotation. Here, there and everywhere.

• If Matt Butcher had put the icing on the cake with a goal rather than a scuffed effort at the end of that brilliant build up play, he would surely have been among the votes. In a way, it’s reassuring that he has still to reach his best form.

The ‘form is temporary and class permanent’’ adage certainly applies.

Forgive me for a slight departure from topic but, thinking about the midfield and how important a player like Morley can be, my mind wandered back to Christie Ward. He’s only played about 20 minutes this season but, if the stats below are accurate, he looks, on minimal evidence, to have that potential.

https://www.wwfc.com/players/christieward/