Skip to content

Match day thread: Aston Villa

Comments

• God forbid they let an EFL side through to the next round.

Got to take the performance away and hold our heads up.

Cracking performance, a lot of MOTM potentials, well played all round, just can’t legislate for poor refereeing.

• Were the top wide blocks of the Frank Adams unavailable for some reason?

• 2 great chances and a goal - what a mad last min.

If only that came 10mins earlier!

• Happy for Kone

• So 1-1 for non-cheating goals.

• Wow cracking game, cracking team performance & a goal at the end was well deserved; if we had taken our chances who knows...

• Very impressed with how we played.

Special mention to Declan and Jasper, neither of whom looked out of their depth during the biggest game of their career. And for Bakinson and Hartridge who both had their best performances in a Wycombe shirt. if only we’d believed in ourselves a bit more at 1-0. It feels like we didn’t put three passes together for about twenty minutes.

I’m not sure how I’d feel if I was a Villa fan.

• Take that performance into Saturday and even I might predict a win.

• So proud by all our lads. What a performance.

Definitely NOT a penalty.... diving little twat.

Apart from the cheating and the resulting final score.... I really enjoyed that.

• Words can't describe how much I hate Sky Sports.

• what a fantastic performance from the boys, really proud of how we played and should have won that, my mate who is a villa fan was so impressed with us and agreed we were the better team

Also blatant dive, if that happens to a non prem team it's never given

• Cheats.

• Have they still got that rule where someone can be retrospectively punished for diving?

• edited September 24

I couldn't stand them making constant excuses for villa's performance..

Hes been out for a long time

This is not their usual starting 11

They have some young lads out there.. etc etc...

Ffs same could be said for us!! It wasn't our 1st team regular players most of them!

We had some young ones on show

We had players that have not had time to gel with eachother

We played lads coming back from injuries

It was winding me up so much

• Not the best photo but that’s shocking.

• Yes I hope he is really made to feel totally embarrassed by that. If I was a villa fan I'd be so embarrassed by that performance and that dive....

Classy fans they were too chanting wanky wanderers... well done you beat a league 1 club by cheating....

I think they might be the wanky ones..

• A really good tactical showing today. Bakinson and Jasper stand outs, and who'd have thought Hartridge could keep Leon Bailey quiet enough?

Only disappointment from us was set pieces, it took about 70 mins before we knew what to do with them.

• It was fairly obvious it was a dive but blimey, when you post a photo like that…

We can be so proud of ourselves, and on another day, we win that. That ball from Cam for GMac was delightful, shame it took a nick and threw him off balance.

Villa fans unanimously agree that their second goal was tainted but sadly it counts for not a lot. Really happy for Kone too.

• Good performance and good to see Fred and Luke Leahy back in a Wycombe shirt. Good performances from Skura and Hartridge and Bez also getting back to full fitness. We have had some poor decisions against us this season already - both Blackpool goals and that awful penalty tonight - any others?

• 2024/25 Fred Onyedinma is going to terrify League One defences this season.

• Proud of that performance and great to see and hear a big crowd getting behind the team. Wasn’t to be tonight but hopefully we’ve come through unscathed and can keep up these performance levels throughout the season. If we can, it’ll be very exciting and we’ll surprise a few.

• Sky sports is dreadful. So glad we have @bluntphil and Wanderers TV

• Doesn't apply if it's a Premier League player involved!

• Just seen replay of the penalty and Duran should be ashamed of himself. Absolutely disgusting

• Hmmmm...so a 3rd string Premier team (not far removed from their EFL Trophy side) deservedly beat a 2nd string line-up from a lower league.

The penalty was irrelevant - we had a big crowd and prime spot on Sky TV, so why didn't we play our first team?

• Good game and pleased with that performance. Such a shame they scored just before we made the 4 subs. If they had come on at 0-0 I think we'd have had an excellent chance of winning. As it was Villa were able to slow the game down and take the sting out of it. That said, we still had chances and all 4 made a good impression.

Couldn't see the pen from the terrace, probably a good job by the sounds of it. Thoroughly deserved that goal at the end.

• Because our priority is the league and we are in the middle of many games within a short period of time. Makes perfect sense.

• Why are bbc reporting it as "adjudged" to have been taken down? He took a clear dive. There is no debate here.

• So many positives for our club tonight. We’re a small club but I’m really proud of Matt Bloomfield and our players. They showed what they’re about and what we are building as a club.

Jhon Durán is a cheating cunt. I will enjoy it when karma pays him a visit.