Skip to content

Not The Top 20 Podcast: Interesting Comments on WWFC

I recommend a listen to what Ali Maxwell on the NTT20 podcast has to say about us this week - latest edition published yesterday (League One review at 1:15:24) - informed and positive. Points include:

• Quality of our football "not tippy tappy by any means, but playing through the thirds..."
  • The transformation of the playing style under MB is now visible
  • "A team to watch"
  • Reference to the size of the squad and quality of summer and window signings (as commented by Jon Brady Northampton manager

These guys make a living out of covering the EFL - and know their stuff/are heavily data driven.

Available on Spotify etc.

Comments

• It's a very good weekly podcast for anyone with a passing interest in the EFL. They really know their stuff.

I've often found that since Gaz (who both hosts loved) we've been largely glossed over by the hosts. My suspicions were this is because George Elek (the other host) is a big Oxford fan...

Hopefully we'll give them plenty more to discuss as the season goes on.

• There is also a chap on Youtube, a Fleetwood fan whose name I can’t remember, the channel is called Cod’s vlogs. He is starting to believe in Wycombe under Blooms as is his co host, a Lincoln fan. Interesting to see where this squad will end up by the end of the season. I’m starting to get RC levels of expectancy that we will make play offs!!!!

• edited September 17

Knappers and Gab Sutton have always been optimistic of us. George Elek is usually fairly pessimistic on us. Ali Maxwell tends to flip between. Even though Ali tends to be the ‘joker’ of the two from NTT20, I tend to align more with his evaluation of football slightly more than Elek. All, however, are excellent analysts. Their knowledge of the 72 is outrageously good.

• I love the NTT20 guys. So good to listen to, entertaining and knowledgeable.

We are in a golden era of "content" - so much good stuff out there on a whole range of subjects