Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool

Comments

• Poor defending

• Agreed the contrast is crap bit the feed is fine, unlike sound.

• Fully deserved. We’ve been shocking. Two of our players going down play acting from the corner is really poor. You know what you’re going to get from Drysdale. Stop trying to game him. Do the basics.

• dreadful defending on the post from Scowen, good header but it should have been cleared

• edited August 31

Books Udoh for a good tackle, ignores our player getting punched in the ear at their corner.

• Audio is now over the internet, before it was over ISDN. Much like your home landline, Openreach sell it as an improvement, but it is nothing of the sort. Just a con.

• Defensively poor so far today.

• Just got in to watch on the Sky red button. Is the commentator streaming it from his phone over 3G?

And they’ve equalised. FFS.

• Picture is crap, ref is more than crap... wondering if I should bother

I will though of course

• That goal is a shambles and no less than we deserve.

Something needs to change otherwise this is only going one way.

• If they hadn’t scored may have been a penalty

• Not at all sure what Hartridge was doing there. Nor was he unfortunately.

• I know it’s boring and I know it’s irritating constantly criticising the same player(s) game after game but it’s also extremely frustrating watching them making mistakes game after game.

• we’ve got arguably the best defensive midfielder in the league again playing out of position.

Morley looked brilliant where Scowen is now playing. Swap them over immediately. Need to get the ball to Humphrey’s feet and slow the game down a bit.

• Oh for a Skura.

• we have been extremely poor this half

• Drysdale. Say no more. But we can’t blame him for our own shortcomings.

• I predicted they'd score one. We just have to score seven in the second half.....gulp.

• Gotta get the two Special Ks on second half.

• I really enjoyed our performance on Wednesday night. I really am not enjoying this.

• Their width has opened up a load of space in midfield areas for them to dictate. I would’ve anticipated Morley and Humphreys to have more of a grip on the game. Very fortunate to be level.

• Well, wasn't great. But we're still in this !

Every time a player gets touched or falls over I have kittens thanks to Drysdale

• Don’t normally post on here very often , but Grimmer and Hartridge are awful. Surely we have better than those two. Not a very watchable game so far . Lack of quality. Goalkeeper doesn’t fill me with confidence.

• It feels like Humphreys has barely touched the ball. Not sure about going five at the back, seems a waste of our best attacking threat at RWB. Really dislike the short goal kick routine.

I wouldn’t bet on there being 22 players on the pitch at the end.

• Can't see anyone else saying it so maybe I'm alone, but Udoh looks a real handful today.

Great work for the first goal and looks like he could get in every so often.

Terrible goal to concede a header from that far out.

Hartridge looked like he was caught out completely position wise.

For those in the know did he always play centre back for Exeter or left back? Not sure at all about him so far.

• Wasn’t great is putting it kindly.

As an experienced and successful manager, I will be bringing on Butcher, Skura, Kodua and Kone within 10-15 minutes of the restart. And I’ll play Scowen in his best position, whatever that is this season.

• The reassurance comes from Bloomfield passing notes round, signing a first choice goalkeeper and signing a centre back. All indicate he’s coming to the same conclusion as me (and many others I would imagine). I’d like some early subs here too.

• He generally played left of a back three for Exeter City. Only covered at left-back on a couple of occasions.

Showed some promise in League Two but hasn’t been able to make the step up to League One.

• edited August 31

Good knowledge. He certainly doesn't feel right in a back 4.

It is early days but he needs to step up as we have a loanee, Skura and here and there Taf ready to come in.