Skip to content

Attendance Prediction - Birmingham City (h) - Sat 17th Aug '24 - Match 2 in 24/25

I don't think the fixture list has been particuarly kind to us - away to a sell out home crowd at Wrexham followed by home to Birmingham with a very likely sell out away end - although I haven't checked. They had nigh on 28,000 for their home fixture against Reading on Saturday.

They needed a late Alfie May penalty for a draw.

I go 6944 with 1844 away fans in the away end. Should be a good atmosphere.

Comments

• Welcome @James -

Do you want to make a shot at predicting the away crowd, either now or later.

• 6,321 with 1789 away please

• 6404 with 1860 Bluenoses

• 6, 768 with 1,780 away for me

• I love that “nigh on” @railwaysteve. My dad used to use it. Another favourite was “as near as damn it” - the unspoken bit, as I discovered later in life, was “… is to swearing”. Coincidentally, both expressions referring to nearness.

Although I’ve not heard anything, I’ve been wondering if the club are considering opening up the first block in the Frank Adams upper tier as has happened in the past when massive clubs have visited.

After my absurdly early, overexcited (?!) prediction last Saturday I shall dwell on it a little longer.

• 6,789 with 1,789 wrong sort of Blues.

• 7,124 with 1,898, thanks!

• 6850 with 1888 please

• 6500 with 1800 away

• 6488 with 1784 from the birthplace of Heavy Metal 🤘

• I went early for the Wrexham game and ended up with egg on my face. Usually the club will put out a few ‘car park sold out’, ‘limited places on the terrace and family stand’ teasers a few days before to give a flavour.

But to heck with it, I’ll go for an upwardly mobile 7,233 with 1,789 marauding Bluenoses.

Now we’re in the money I don’t think we’ll be giving away any ‘sporting advantage’ and extra seats to big time clubs?

• edited August 14

To be fair we are not going to find out late on that we have added 1000 to a temporary stand.... I also went too early for Wrexham...😒

• I will go with 6890 with 1850 Brummies

• @Alexo, @williwycombe - Ok - this is a competition and I like the idea of competition. However I also like the concept of accuracy and the idea of increasing the sum of human knowledge. I have always thought that information about the likely attendance at a football match becomes more knowable as kick off approaches which is my reason for having a deadline of one hour beforehand for counting predictions.

So this from Birmingham City's website - an extract from an article now well buried but findable with a search for 'Tickets' -

If you don’t ask, you don’t get’ - we are reaching out to every League 1 team to request as many away tickets as possible. To encourage a positive response, we are offering them more than the minimum required when they visit our Stadium. We anticipate several clubs will choose to give us a larger allocation because it will make financial sense for them. Others may decide not to, avoiding making it like a ‘home game’ for Blues.

The first response we have received has been positive with Wycombe Wanderers, agreeing an increased allocation of 1,848 for our first away game of the season. We will keep supporters informed on the number of tickets we are allocated for all upcoming away games.

Our ticketing website is showing no tickets available in Blocks H and G of the Origen Stand (close but not closest to the away end) however there are seats in Block V of the Origen stand (nearest the corner flag / next to the scoreboard) and lots of seats available in Blocks A, B and C at the other end of the Origen stand (nearest the terrace. This suggests to me that Blocks H and G will have visitors from Birmingham in them.

The Frank Adams has seats available in all Blocks.

We are not selling 'home tickets' to new registrations except to telephone callers and people who come to the ground, our standard practice according to the club when there is a risk of away supporters obtaining tickets in the home end.

Make what you will of this information. I like debate to be informed and also want there to be as many Wycombe supporters at any game as possible.

I think there will be quite an atmosphere. I hope we do top 5000 home supporters, which historically will be quite an achievement in August.

• with it being early summer/school holiday period i'm going to go on the lower side:

5922 with 1801 Brummies

• 6881 with 1886

• Very neat and I hope a more realistic total than @BSE‘s.

• 6666 including 1818

• 6006 with 1771

• 6,895 with 1,815 away.

• 6,642 with 1,804 away

• 6750 including 1850 Broomies.

• 6782 including 1882 Birmingham

• 6784 with 1801 people from Midlands

• or 19500

• 6730 with 1825 Brummies please

• 6357 with 1794 brums

• 6,759 including 1,834 away

• 6238 with 1845