Skip to content

Swindon

Is there any coverage of this match

Comments

• no - not pictures, anyway. @bluntphil said last night that Swindon weren't allowing it to be streamed.

• Clashes with Round 3 of the Olympic men's golf, anyway... 😂😂

• Lovely day for a pre season work out. County Ground proper old skool stadium and the joys of Swindon’s scenic Magic Roundabout right next door. COYB’s

• Given how dreadful golf is, enough of a reason to get out of the house inbetween the real Olympic sports.

• No Darius Johnson today but Vokesy is named on the bench.

• Live commentary for WTV subscribers, from 2.55.

• would seem as if we’ve passed on Johnson. A shame as he looked good on Tuesday.

• Afternoon! We plan to provide live audio commentary for WanderersTV subscribers (monthly and annual, UK and international).

Head to wwfc.com/live to hear the feed from 2.55pm.🤞

• Looking at that line up my initial reaction was that is close to who will be starting next weekend. Then you look at the bench. Tough choices galore.

• Honest opinion, please. Just how important on the playing side do you think Sam Vokes now is ? I’m sure he’s a great guy to have around the club, coaching, mentoring etc but the gap these days between what he brings to the party during matches and what Kone brings is glaringly obvious. And the essentially untried Dan Udoh seems likely, based on his recent goalscoring achievements at Shrewsbury, to be ahead of Sam in that respect.

• Steady on @micra , he hasn’t kicked a ball yet!

• I think he's a positive in the squad wether he gets back to his best, fills in when others are injured or when we need a bench option, we probably wouldn't sign him today on what he's being paid just to do that but if others do better and he represents the quality of our reserves we might shock a few people this season. Very long season. Hope he can contribute.

• edited August 3

The eleven poor young men who are going to their slaughter......

• I hope Dan Udoh gets his chance as he was excellent at Shrewsbury. Can’t for one minute believe he came here to sit on the bench, as he is better than that.

• Quick tip. If you want to listen and have your phone locked. Use a browser not the app.

• I think he still has a part of play but naturally a bit-part role. The question is whether that’s good enough for him.

If he does goes elsewhere though, in search of a few more years of regular football, where does he go? Bottom end of L2? National League?

• Thanks, I literally just emailed the media team about this.

• Still having problems with their sound. Can barely hear Phil.

• Started really well, were all over them first 15 or so, Sads had a shot tipped onto post, Hartridge had a header saved, Josh had a couple of attempts. Swindon gradually started to get into it, didn't really have a shot until around 25 minutes, but have had a good portion of the play since. I'd like to see Udoh on second half. Around 200-300 Blues fans here.

• I know what you mean. I’m listening on my iPhone. I was a couple of rooms away from where it was lying on charge at kickoff and I thought I’d lost contact. Had to pump up the volume to maximum, even while lying, slumbering slightly right next to it.

Half time “music” (muzack?) very loud.

Strange hearing @bluntphil going solo and miss all the quips and camaraderie. I’m sure he does too.

Swindon’s trialist is featuring very prominently.

• Nnamdi Ofoborh on for Swindon for 2nd half.

• Vokes is a brilliant option to bring off the bench late on in games. Similar to the affect Akinfenwa had.

• 1-0 down - Clarke.

• What did we learn today?

Watford are going down.

• Great to know that Nnamdi Ofobohr is back playing football after a break of 1,000 days. I believe he joined Swindon towards the end of last season and now has a contract for 24/25.

He and Josh Scowen were reacquainted this afternoon. Looks like he had the better of Josh in the picture above against Sunderland (I assume).

Full article below.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/24301775.nnamdi-ofoborh-says-bournemouth-not-take-heart-complaint-seriously/

• That story reflects really badly on Bournemouth, it's not Josh in that picture though.

• I think that's the boy band version of Scowen.

• You can’t always read too much into friendlies but slightly concerned by our performance in final third today.

I think we have an extremely good squad and I’m excited overall.

I do worry that we are 2 or 3 players short. I don’t think that any of our wide players, as good as they are, have the top six quality we need for such a season. I also feel we are missing a No.10.

The challenge now for me is to get those 2-3 starting eleven players in to have a real go.

(By the way not pursuing Darius Johnson would surely suggest we are working on something else)