2.25%
    6. 17th to 20th
        0.00%
    7. Relegation battle
        1.12%

Comments

• edited July 31

Great idea, and it jogged the imagination for another similar thread. 😁

I am going for a 9th place finish, so 8th to 12th.

• Sorry, I messed up... meant to be 7th to 12th.... but I can't be arsed to delete the poll and start again... you can't just edit it like normal posts.

• You just made it inevitable that we will come 7th, you know! 😂

• And also under 20th isn't a relegation battle.... its relegation isn't it?!! 😅🤔🫣

Bollocks.. I'm not deleting it and starting again. People will get the drift 😅

• No option for going up in 2nd either!

• edited July 31

Omg!!!!!! My first ever poll and I've messed it right up haven't I?.... I got overexcited about creating it 😅

I still can't be arsed to start again though.... anyone with a prediction that I've failed to include will have to vote for the nearest thing and type in the comments what they actually wanted to vote for 😅😬

• I start every season pessimistic simply because it means I won't be disappointed if it happens, but will be well happy if we beat it. However, I went for missing out in the playoffs. A much more optimistic prediction than usual for me, but I really liked the balance of the team that played against Watford the other day, loved the fact that we had a striker who was in the box when he needed to be, and was impressed with how many players we got forward when attacking - we looked tactically much better than last season.

• Love the honesty in this and your other posts. An exciting poll none the less.

I’ve gone green and expect us to go up in 25/26 or 26/27.

• I've not seen any of the pre season action but we looked really solid at the end of last season and recruitment appears to be pretty decent.

I've gone champions, although really I think top 10 with signs of progress would be good. The nice things about football outside the Prem is you go into the season with a genuine chance of coming 24th or 1st.

• I think we'll finish 2nd - with the chequebook opening in Jan to ensure we do.

• Does that really work though? If you're pessimistic and end up being right, aren't you still disappointed that you were right?

• I share the seemingly universal optimism about Richard Kone's potential this season. I've always thought that with a full pre-season's worth of professional fitness work and coaching he could be very special indeed.

Can anyone who saw the game against Watford advise how he was looking in terms of speed off the mark and general pace? I felt it was an obvious area for improvement last season but again was very hopeful that with a pre-season under his belt it was definitely something that could be worked on.

• Up via the playoffs. Huge day out at Wembley. Scenes.

• Voted losing in playoffs, we finished well last season and have enhanced the squad to be strong on bench as well . Lots of teams that could do well however sides with lots of signings and also promoted / relegated sides may take time to settle . Everything is around Wrexham and Birmingham in league 1 i’m not sure both will be up there.

• Pace doesn't seem to be one of his top attributes, but his positional sense seems to often make up for that. Judging by just the Watford game, I didn't notice much difference in those areas from last season, but he certainly had a really good game.

• I can't speak for other pessimists but since 13 January 1990 I have been firmly (and almost always) in the 'expect the worst' camp. Yes, I am disappointed when the worst does happen (hello Morecambe), but I am less disappointed internally than if i had expected us to win.

I am also pleasantly surprised when we perform better than my expectations.

And it is me that thinks we could end up in a relegation dogfight this season. The pessimist in me see a tough start and a loss of confidence resulting in us struggling throughout. I would dearly love to be proved wrong....

• I went for the 8th-12th option, but meaning a brave playoff battle finishing 7th (or 8th) really.

• Would like to vote for 2nd place promotion.

• I see that Ronan Munro has again answered the When Saturday Comes club-by-club questionnaire this season, following the Gasman's decision to stand down as Wanderers' fans' spokesman to the muggle folk. Ronan seems a very sensible type. In answer to the question, How will you do? he says "Matt Bloomfield showed he's willing to learn from mistakes and we finished strongly. We have a wealthy new Georgian owner but thankfully he doesn't look like he's going to be throwing money around irresponsibly. Top ten should be achievable."

And then, in response to, What was the one actually by the club or an individual last season that most affected how you did last season? he says, "Then owner Rob Coughing didn't sack Bloomfield during that run but instead backed him in the transfer window."

• The upshot of the other fans' aggregate predictions is that we are 13th, with Brum and Bolton top, Millers, Huddersfield, Posh and Tykes in the play-offs and Cambridge, Brewers, Salop and Crawley the bottom 4. Wrexham 10th, Stockport 12th and Mansfield 17th.

• Minimum expectation top 10, hopefully expectation up via the play offs so I'm going with losing in the play offs as my bet.

• NTT20 podcast have us 15th in their prediction. I’ll be flabbergasted if we finish that low.

• 8th to 12th. This season is still a transition season with the new owners bedding in. A lot of our squad proved last year that we are capable of mounting a challenge and hopefully more goals will see us do that. But I think a play off spot will be a great achievement.

• Perfect.

Quick reminder that the lower everyone else rates us the better it is for us.

Hopefully everyone outside the club thinks we'll finish 15th or lower

• It's rather like the idea of a fintech billionaire getting a chequebook the second he became the owner of an English football club just so he can performatively open and close it depending on the whims of fans on internet messageboards.

• Slightly off piste (but hopefully not pissed off), some on here will recall my surprise at how slick Crawley were last season, perhaps not over the season as a whole but certainly in the playoffs. I don’t know if they’ve managed to retain the majority of last season’s squad and, like us, reinforced it with a few shrewd signings but, if so, I can definitely see them avoiding an immediate return to the fourth tier.

• They did say that it is the toughest L1 ever and we'd be the strongest team in the league's history to finish 15th.

• Nope, Crawley are most people’s tip for relegation precisely because they’ve lost most of the players that got them promoted - they had the lowest player retention rate in the league over the summer.

They have made signings, but I understand they’re somewhat unproven.

That said, they were apparently most people’s hot tip to drop down into non-league last season, and look how that panned out.

I believe that (as per the goal of our new owner) they are also heavily data-focused in their approach to signings.

• edited August 4

Thanks for that @PBo. I had no idea what the situation was apart from vaguely recalling that they had lost one of their key strikers. Their squad must be one of the youngest in League 1 but, as you say, unknown quantities at this level. Could imagine them struggling in early season but improving as they gain experience.

I’m disappointed that they’ve lost so many players as I was looking forward to them making a good fist of it. Time will tell.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crawley-town/kader/verein/3537