Skip to content

Begging again !!!!!

2»

Comments

• @Ciderk1d You are in dreamland if you think that is how much we would have got for Holloway. He was only with us 5 minutes and we could not demonstrate that we had developed him to the level that a fee of that magnitude was due. I would be shocked if we got £5000 for him.

• @Ciderk1d said:
    Just out of curiosity, the Club also recieved a u24 undisclosed fee for Holloway, (pie in the sky guess £35-40k) for Fleetwood (there not short of a few quid) transfer, so that must have assisted in playing budget or did that too go towards non-playing staff bills?

Don't think your far off maybe a tad bit more.

• Blimey, if that's true it's a decent piece of business.

• Now, seriously, whose word (if either) would you be more likely to trust?!

• not a chance, 5k maximum.

• @Malone said:
    Wwfc2015_ . if you don't like it, feel free to disappear. You won't be missed.

Hahah but you still respond #smellthecoffee #fansgettingrippedoff

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Hahah but you still respond #smellthecoffee #fansgettingrippedoff

Seriously, why do you continue to watch the team?

Not agreeing with your endless griping does not mean anyone's got their rose-tints on. Even the ignore button would be pointless with you as we'd all know the content behind the blank screen.

'Never coming again'
    'Rip off'
    'Ainsworth out'
    'Not giving any more of my money'

• And, don't forget... "the club are taking the poss."

• I have a difficulty. @Ciderk1d's posts are extraordinary (and not always cogent or credible) but I have an aversion to "tads", never mind "tad bits".
    Seriously, though, admirable as Holloway's footballing ability was (and I was sad to see him go) it would be hard to put a value on him because of his physical (and possibly psychological) frailties. As far as I can tell, he has been injured since 20 August after resuming for 5 matches following his injury absence at Oldham during the last part of last season. Just think, if he'd stayed he could have taken our list of injured players into double figures.

• To be fair @arnos_grove @Wwfc_2015 has not been willing to pay any more/watch this rubbish for some time...

• @Wendoverman said:
    To be fair arnos_grove Wwfc_2015 has not been willing to pay any more/watch this rubbish for some time

One day, I will look back through all his / her posts and post a 'Negatometer' score (supportive or ambivalent posts vs pissing and moaning. I suspect the Negatometer score will be over 95%.

Of course in a league of 24 teams, with just 4 capable of triumph, it's statistically much safer to complain.

You can't have any credibility if all you do is either moan OR praise. Shades of grey and all that.

• edited September 2016

Really @micra; My previous posts have discussed how GA's high intensity, in your face hoofball, would take it's course on players, if expected to run their hearts out, season after season, mostly without the ball and unable to string several phases of passes and create real chances for the forward line, who are usually flat, after the half time break and here were are today, struggling at both ends.

I think that's extraordinary, we are trying to address a style of football that other clubs have also labeled us "again", this far into the new season, with Wembley, Villa Cup run, transfer monies, and players assembled is a joke, with a few players, who have played less minutes than those you have subscribed as having frailties (AH broke his foot).

So that leaves us with Holloway's transfer, the player who was offered an extension in November 2015 by GA, which he didn't accept and while playing for Oldham, scored two, but within that limited time, had two League 1 club suitors and moved on to Fleetwood for a few grand, as someone had posted.

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub Seems to happen a lot, players playing better when they leave, as for Holloway being here "5 mins", actually 2 seasons (2014-2016).

Pierre was on loan then signed for us at the end of that Campaign in 2014, but hey Pierre's also u24, and being touted for @ 75k+ (Unless playing for Grenada as an international is a multiplier), for a few more air miles on the clock or 4/6 months Pierre has been at the helm of defence at our Club.

I'm all for spend a little and save some for our debts, but we are tight as and whinging we are a small club and have a small squad, is our Club's decision and direction, and if Blackman gets a red card, on trots Dobson from the bench, and I'm not cogent or credible?

• Case well and truly rested I fear.

• edited September 2016

Isn't it logical or readable .

• Not sure how logical it would be for Richard Dobson to trot on from the bench!

• Fair enough I ment Richardson, but in response to my previous posts about everything else, yeah a case well truly rested.

• I only want to support the team when we're doing well and rant and rave the rest of the time.

It's your call @Ciderk1d but in my view a little bit of support for what is supposedly "your" club at a tricky time may well go a long way. Perhaps give it a try eh?

• Give it a try eh? spit out, @Rolo, what are you referring too? "turn up for Wembley brigade", only happy when we are winning, and this "supposedly", nonsense.

Who are you, to say in my view a little bit of support, you some sort a SupportOmeter? I'll wear quarters on the way to the match, wave and honk my car, any time I'm stuck behind traffic if that counts.

• Nurse, it's time for meds.

• If Liverpool try, let alone manage to wriggle out of the sell on clause deal, then my passion for top-flight football will be extinguished once and for all.

How greedy can the big boys get? They're already promised at least £120m from TV revenue alone (we only want them to pay up c.2% of that). Not to mention they've made a very tidy £14m profit on one of our ex-players for relatively little effort or cost. You would hope that that fact alone would have them writing the cheque out of the kindness of their hearts.

This payment is small beer to them, but life and death for us! But who cares about the also-rans, hey?

• @Ciderk1d I'm referring to the nature of your posts on here in general, not just those above mine in this thread. I'm afraid I don't understand much of the rest of your message. Are you saying that you wear the shirt and honk your horn in the street? Sounds a bit OTT - maybe save some of that support and enthusiasm for when you are in the stadium and when using online chatrooms. It may well help the team to be supported in a way that is visible/audible to them. Just a suggestion really.