Skip to content

Icc 20twenty world cup

LX1LX1
edited June 10 in Not Football

Whenever Bumrah is brought into the bowling attack..does anyone else immediately think of She -rah and Liono?

Comments

• I made that joke over dinner earlier to a stony silence and blank stares.

• I always think he must have the fastest arm in cricket.

I’m not familiar with the characters you mentioned. Have to admit bumrush always comes to mind.

• Cheetara not she ra. She ra was he man. Sorry.

Stop getting eighties cartoons wrong! (Alan Partridge voice)

• It was either Cheetara or Michaela Strachan who was my first crush. Got mixed up over time

• Possibly why the dinner guests were disgusted @Lloyd2084 😀

• Not a clue...

I'm more likely to be bothered to look up the cartoon references than the cricket ones.

I can't wait for the resumption of some more football (preferably WWFC), although a brief distraction by England (and Scotland) will make the summer more tolerable.

• Fine win for England overnight. Adil Rashid is still world class and will be sorely missed when he eventually hangs up the boots, and Phil Salt is growing into a world class player himself. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play test match cricket before too long, especially with a view to the ashes in 18 months down under

• Narrow defeat against South Africa in a match remarkable for the number of brilliant catches.

Have to beat USA now to reach the semifinals. Who’d have thought it.

We’re not going to retain the trophy.

• edited June 23

Well, things seem to be looking up at the moment ! Jordan for Wood an inspirational decision. Wunderbar.

An added bonus to my afternoon cricket viewing has been the discovery, by chance (googling for venue) that county cricket is streamed on YouTube. Dour batting by Kent against Lancashire but good to be able to watch it in short spells.

We might retain the trophy.

@Chris: you were probably aware of the YouTube live streaming..

• After hearing from the commentators that the hot breeze has opened up cracks making the pitch look like a dried up riverbed, I’m suddenly very nervous.

• @micra indeed, but watching Kent hasn’t been all that much fun so far this season!

• That was absolutely brutal from Buttler !

• It’s definitely no fun today. It’s almost as brutal from bottom county Lancashire as England’s (well, Buttler’’s) assault on the USA.

• Good to see the Aussies getting spanked. But means we have India next

• At least our semi will be in the afternoon on Thursday, rather than the middle of the night

• If I recall correctly, it’s not that long since we beat India in a T20 series on the subcontinent. Open to correction of course but, even if we didn’t, I think we are the equal of any country in T20s on our day.

Fingers crossed.

• FmGFmG
    edited June 24

We beat India in the 2022 T20 World Cup semi final, but don't think we've ever beaten them in a T20I series of more than 1 match. Last time we won a 1 match "series" against India was in 2014. According to this: https://www.espncricinfo.com/records/headtohead/team-series-results/england-india-1vs6/twenty20-internationals-3

Overall head to head result pretty close, although India have won 4 of the last 6: https://www.espncricinfo.com/records/headtohead/team-match-results/england-india-1vs6/twenty20-matches-6

• Thanks for all that information, @FmG.

It promises to be entertaining, especially if England win the all-important toss and start their innings as sensibly as they did against the USA.

That’s tomorrow and Thursday’s sports viewing sorted.

• And what a sensational win that 2022 semi final victory was. To my mind, it’s the most comprehensive English cricket victory, when taking into account the opposition (I.e. not Oman or USA), the stage, and the fact that it was a predominantly Indian supporting crowd

• Australia giving the chase a good go so far!

• Great win for Afghanistan!

• Looks like we could lose the semi final without playing. Apparently if it rains (as is forecast) India will automatically go through to the final. Unlike the other semi final, there is no spare day.

• Madness that there can be different rules for the two semi finals. Whole thing has been set up for India to win

• It certainly feels that way. Let’s hope the forecast showers and thunderstorms hold off for at least long enough for a frantic Duckworth Lewis based victory for England.

• Looks like beautiful blue skies now. Could be a big toss to win

• Thanks for that and the other good news about James O’B.

• edited June 27

Great that we’ve won the toss. Let’s hope Chris Jordan hits the same form as he did against the USA. Slightly different level opposition I suppose!!

40% chance of a shower. Fingers crossed.

• I allowed myself to be moderately hopeful after India’s innings. This is what I get.