Skip to content

Season tickets

Comments

• Or maybe he just missed it and has appreciated people pointing it out?

• The good news is that once AI does become sufficiently 'intelligent' it will despair of us all, disappear forever in a realm of cyberspace that we will never find and leave us to get on with it all without them.

• Hopefully, the new matchday prices don't push a ticket for my son and I above £50 in the Frank Adams...

• club have posted this graphic which is interesting - I would not have guessed that we spend nearly 200k a matchday on stewards and 8k per game on new seats (obviously that is an average over the season, but still).

• Err.....that's perfect season isn't it?

• the text says:

"The graphic below shows the breakup of the costs associated with running a regular matchday at Adams Park over the course of a season. 33.8% of the revenue from ticket sales (of which 47.4% comes from season tickets, and 52.6% from match tickets) goes towards covering these costs, with the remainder contributing to the playing budget and the other wide-ranging costs of the business.

Football and operating costs exceed the club's overall revenue and as such, the club is subsidised to cover all deficits."

Makes me think it is per game but perhaps I am reading it wrong?

• £15,000 on police is also such a waste too given you have officers turn up for friendlies and Tuesday night matches against small northern teams with no history of any rivalry.

• I reckon the "over the course of a season" bit suggests it's per season. I can't imagine those stewards costing £200k per game.

• it totals £685,000, so it had better be per season, or things really have got out of hand.

I'm liking this transparency. With their desire to use great data, I am now looking forward to the weekly performance per £ metrics on the players.

• xG to be joined by xH xK xL and x-com terror from the deep

• edited May 24

Have always found the OAP price very odd.

My dad with both state and workplace pensions, who owns his property outright and has no dependents to support, pays less than me who has significant housing costs and 2 kids to support.

Simply because he’s older.

To watch the same match in seats next to each other.

• Sod the chairlift and the access road, we need to install our own wind farm on the hills around the stadium to bring down some of those crazy energy costs!

• Some solar panels on the top of the FA stand could help with that...and stop the leaks!

• @FmG, I know you weren't being entirely serious and forgive me if I sound like I'm mocking you. I really not, but ...

Sadly solar panels wouldn't help as we need floodlights in the autumn and winter evenings when it's dark and sunlight strength is at a minimum. We need to combine panels with energy storage solutions to take advantage of the summer sunshine.

So if we could make use of energy (heat) storage in sand beds under the pitch then we could possibly reduce the need for under soil heating too.

• No. I referred to Twitter. You can’t see the age brackets without a further click into the club’s website. I am not in a rush to criticise the club. My education is in economics. My job is in revenue generation and often involves pricing. The club’s approach is rubbish. I stand by my original point.

• It has to be a season surely, if its 200k a week for stewarding I'm thinking I'm in the wrong business !

• POTD & spot on about over 65s in Bucks. Ridiculous over-complicated pricing system.

• Not sure why 'mid-adults' are given a discount, thought they'd have more disposable income than someone with family etc.

But overall, my thought is not outrageous but not gonna have people queuing up to buy them either. It's a difficult balancing act but compares favourably to a lot of clubs in the Conference.

• Some pretty eye-watering prices, I'm guessing any pretence of trying to build a fan base has been thrown out of the window. The phrase "squeeze 'em 'til the pips squeak" comes to mind.

The worst aspect for me is charging 12-18 year olds £172 to stand behind the goal. Surely any slight gains in the short term from making kids pay their way are offset by disuading the future lifeblood of our club from catching the bug and becoming fans for life.

• £172 divided by 23 home games comes out at less than £7.50 a game, which sounds like great value What am I missing?

• 8k on broken seats my arse!! Only if you actually fix them!

• On the other hand it's a lot for a teenager to stump up, or a hard ask for them to ask for a £172 present every year. Of course you could argue they could go out and do an evening or Sunday job (if companies even do that anymore for schoolkids because of safeguarding), but the point of pricing a ticket for youngsters is to make it a no-brainier.

By comparison, my first season ticket was £46 in 1998. Adjusting for inflation that is the equivalent of £86 today. Kids have competition for their time and attention like never before, IMO we have to set the price aggressively low like we did in the past. While it had the downside of attracting an herbert like me, I'm guessing it was a factor in getting you involved too.

• A broken seat costs around £100 to replace. 80 seats a year is a fair estimate.

• Probably 79 of them are smashed when the horse punchers visit!

• I did wonder this myself.

I can't imagine there's much stuff you can take your kid to 23 times a year for much less than that.

• You are obviously unaware of the damage deliberately caused by visiting fans of some clubs when they come to Adams Park. The toilets in the away stand are also frequently vandalised.

• Then visiting clubs agree to pay for deliberate damage caused by their fans, straight from the playing budget. It will be self policing.

• Yep seems an obvious pass on bill.

The away club themselves can identify which of their goons is doing the seat damage at least using our cctv.

Toilet damage a bit harder to identify unless we film a batch of fans going in and then a steward has a check after every batch have been in and out to see if any damage between those fans.