14.47%
    2. Colchester Community Stadium - Colchester United
        0.00%
    3. Brisbane Road - Leyton Orient
      64.47%
    4. Brentford Community Stadium - Brentford
      21.05%

Comments

• Haven't been to the new Brentford ground yet, so it's got to be Orient. Another one that's grown and been modernised while retaining plenty of character -and a nice, friendly club and fans t'boot.

Rivalry aside the Col U one is utterly characterless and stuck in the middle of nowhere.

• I've always thought Brentford's new ground looks good from the M4, but that view of it makes it look weird! Leyton Orient's setting surrounded by houses got my vote.

• Orient is such a great ground to visit. Quite a fan of Brentford's ground too, and Rodney Parade is pretty great despite sounding like a 70s ITV comedian.

• Look at the absolute state of the writing on the seats at Col U.

• Only one winner here surely.

• Newport, because that's where the modern day Chairboys success story arguably began. Debuts for JJ, Sido, Alfie, and the previous season's woes behind us. Remember walking out of the ground that day with renewed hope for the future.

• All about Peter Murphy that day.

• Brisbane Rd, proper ground with a great pub quiz question on the asymmetry of the main stand gable.

• edited May 23

Brentford's ground is lovely, but a pain to get to. Brisbane Road is a great ground and well worth a visit. Rodney Parade has some charms, but the sightlines are quite poor. Col U's ground is soulless but has a lovely little cafe built into the ground where (mostly due to their low crowds) you can have a quite cup of tea and a sandwich before kick off, which is quite civilised.

• Anyone voting for Col U beyond as a comedy trolling effort absolutely needs their head examined. It's got an appropriate number of votes so far, let's keep it that way.

• Not sure I've ever seen the words Col U and civilised in the same Gasroom post before.

• Fond memories of our visit to Somerton Park for our 5-3 win against Newport County in 88-89. A decaying ground, one side closed although we did get invited into the bar in the closed stand by a very friendly barman.

• Anyone caught voting for that soulless facsimile of a proper football ground should get a lifetime ban at AP.

• Give me a stadium with poor access at the end of an industrial estate with awful acoustics in the home terrace and no chips any day of the week over B or D.

• Col U is utterly soulless. Layer Road is falling down, falling down but we’d all prefer you.

Love going to all of the other three. Great grounds in their own unique ways. The regeneration of Newport center just a stones throw from the ground makes for good post and prematch.

The quirkiness of the flats in four corners at Brisbane Road and a cracking London feel.

I really miss Griffin Park but the new ground is superb and a great atmosphere.

tough one to call

• Went the game with his mum, dad and grandad. Great day out and a added bonus of ticking Newport off my list to do the 92.

• How is Peter doing these days? is he still in football?

• I thought he was a wonderful player for us. Gave us that bit of much needed steel and nous after the 13/14 season. I also well remember listening to @bluntphil commentating on an away game and observing that an opposition player had left something on Murphy in an incedent unseen by the ref. "Peter Murphy is the nicest guy you'll ever meet off the pitch", says Phil, "but he is a fearsome competitor on it and he will be back for his revenge, so I'd advise [opposition player] to sleep with his curtains open tonight". It rang very true.

• I still think that Wood / Murphy / Scowen / Cowan-Hall combo is the best midfield we've had since the MO'N days.

• Even though he only played for us for a season, Peter Murphy remains one of my favourite Wycombe players. He was a key part of the dramatic turnaround after Torquay 2014 and a brilliant exponent of the late run into the box from midfield. We sorely missed him for a long time after he left, as much for his natural ability in midfield as his ruthless streak and absolute determination to not let him or his team mates be bullied or outmuscled by the opposition.

It was a cruel irony that he sustained his injury at Adams Park playing for Morecambe, his name being sung by the Wanderers faithful realising it looked like a serious one for him.

I'm really glad for him that he's been able to build a good career in coaching, hopefully he'll go from strength to strength.