Skip to content

League One Season Tickets 24/25

Comments

• This from the club's website, at least it appears they are trying to fix the fixtures as early as possible...

The fixtures for the 2024/25 Sky Bet League One campaign will be revealed at 9am on Wednesday 26th June.

With the new Sky Sports+ TV deal coming into play, clubs can expect 20 games to be televised live each season, which is likely to prompt the rescheduling of a number of fixtures for broadcast purposes.

All live matches selected for broadcast up to the FA Cup third Round in January 2025 will be communicated before the start of the season.

Live league matches in August and September will be released first, by early July.

Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.

• Although I remain in the dark about whether 3pm Saturday kick-offs will be available in Vipienne.

• I did wonder if the delay in announcing ST prices might be because there are negotiations between clubs and Sky about a reduced rate for Sky sports if you're a ST holder?

As it stands I don't know if I'll renew my WanderersTV subscription for another year though.

• Confirming half a season of moved dates before the start of the season is about as much as anyone could hope for with this arrangement.

Not sure us not revealing prices is anything to do with the whole thing though as many other clubs don't seem to have had a problem quoting theirs like usual.

• I recently spoke to Sky regarding cancelling TNT Sports and switching to Sky Sports in my package.

They said that the new channel, Sky Sports+, will be included at no extra cost, so there won't be any discounts for ST holders of EFL clubs.

Incidentally, I didn't accept the first price they quoted me, and after a bit of negotiation, got it £15 cheaper.

• edited May 10

I think you previously said you're on the subscription model of season ticket?

No-one answered my musing on how it works the other day but maybe you can.

Assuming the cost is simply full amount / 12 monthly payments (say £300 total cost, so £25 a month for example) and you can't cancel in the first year but can any time after...

Could you cancel now, having paid your 9months at £25 and thus bank a £75 saving?

Is that a loophole for a saving every 2 seasons or does something prevent it?

• Perhaps a bit of decency and not wanting to rip your own club off?

• If the club don't put season tickets on sale soon I might just spend the money on cake and fine wine. That'll learn them.

• I guess you could, but if you resubscribed in August you'd be re-contracting for 12 months. So that dodge would only work once.

• Once every 2 years.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't do it, just wondered if there was actually something stopping what looks an obvious loophole.

• But wouldn't cancelling your subscription leave you open to losing your seat if someone got in quickly?

• If you have a seat yes, not if you're in the terrace.

• Can't see any way that tinkering with times, having lots of games easily available online and dropping the 3pm ban (inevitable as it all is) doesn't do long term damage to attendances. Mostly already been covered but in addition a lot of the journos pushing for this are asking on behalf of other leagues like La Liga, there's always going to be a top game somewhere so there will be plenty of attractive fixtures to cover all slots. Wether that's Messi , The Milan Derby or whoever Man Utd are playing until they get relegated.

It's not just that hardcore or regular fans won't bother coming anymore it's the fact that it becomes so much easier and more convenient to stay at home more often or not come in the first place and the loss of that bond as people get so used to watching bigger teams from around the world.

• Exactly this. On one hand having the games available to distant fans online gives us a new revenue stream.

But there's every chance more actual attenders become online watchers over time.

• I understand your concern but surely the very definition of a hardcore fan is someone who puts watching their favourite team in the flesh (so to speak!) above viewing any other game on TV?

• You've missed the point, people aren't born hardcore Wycombe fans, If Saturday at 3pm has a Prem game , El Classico and the Milan Derby on TV in addition to all the other things going on in people's lives do less fans ever get introduced to the game in the flesh let alone go often enough to get the bug, and do crowds slide to the point where it's neither sustainable or much fun?

• I thought you were talking about the hardcore fans we already have and I would be surprised and disappointed if they stopped coming because there was a big PL game on TV. There are already live PL games on TV on Saturday lunchtime and late afternoon and yet EFL attendances have increased year on year.

• I’ve got the feeling next season is gonna be a humdinger.

• Attendances were down by about 1000 at Wycombe this season weren’t they?

Not sure Tuesday night games being free on Sky now rather than a tenner will help that.

Be interested in what Sky Sports + has licence wise for broadcasting in pubs, clubs etc?

• Problem is, much of that hardcore are old gits like many of us on here. We won't stop coming for the most part but we will lose future generations of fans. The fallout of this selling out to Sky to an ever greater extent won't be fully felt next season but in the years to come.

• Only natural that some would come less often if not necessarily stop altogether, transport, ageing and other factors will contribute.

• It’s up to our media team to make the most of the added exposure of course. They rarely miss a trick, so I’m hopeful.

• The first "it's the fans' fault" post of many, I would predict

• Where did I say ‘it’s the fans’ fault ‘? If you’re a hardcore supporter why would you prioritise watching a PL game on TV over going to watch your team play unless you couldn’t afford to or had health or domestic issues?

• Why would you? Followed by three easy reasons to start.

• But that is not what you said initially. Those reasons are unrelated to the argument about whether a hardcore fan would prioritise watching a PL game over going to watch the team they support. As I said earlier, there is a televised PL game that doesn’t finish till 2.30 pm and another that starts at 5.00 pm so that choice already exists and has done for many years.

• How do you define a "hard-core fan". If it's drop everything to go to Adams Park and most away games then I don't think we have many. I'm certainly not one.

People have other interests. I for instance play golf and if a game clashes with a Wycombe match then it is likely I will chose golf. Does that mean I am a part time supporter so don't count?

• By that definition, I'm also not a hardcore supporter 😬

• Yeah but the point is you don't need to worry about "hardcore" fans. They will go whatever.

The trouble is, we need to attract people who are not hardcore fans and I would suggest that the way to do that is not to mess about with kick off times, not give them the choice to stay at home and watch it on TV or schedule it up against an attractive alternative game on TV, and certainly not to throw shade their way for not being a "hardcore fan".

And more than that, I am one of your hardcore fans but I can tell you for a fact that I'm very unlikely to be able to make 12:30 kick offs next season (so be that's two supporters including my son), nor will he be able to make evening kick offs which is sad because he's at that stage we can all remember in our lives where he's becoming infatuated with football, and with Wycombe Wanderers.

Now, I appreciate there are already evening kick offs and I accept that, but it would be a shame if more games that ordinarily would have been Saturday 3 o'clock kicks offs are moved to later

Hopefully it won't make a difference at all and it's a big fuss about nothing. I still don't understand why Sky think it's a good idea to put thousands of extra EFL games on TV. I don't sense there's a massive demand out there to be able to watch Chesterfield v Colchester over their Sunday dinner but I could be wrong