Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Senior Cup 2023-24

12346»

Comments

• I have never wanted Flackwell Heath to win a game as much as I do today

• FT Flackwell Heath 1-1 Reading U21, after 90 minutes, Reading win 4-2 on penalties.

Mark Nisbet gave the Heathens the lead on 57', John Clarke equalised for the Royals on 76'. Attendance 431.

• Ah gutted for Flackwell. But at least a bumper crowd got to dream.

• No date set for the other semi final (Marlow v MKD) yet by the looks of it. Neither have any mid week league games between now and the end of the season so not sure what the delay is

• FmGFmG
    edited April 3

Marlow v MK Dons now set as April 23rd. Hopefully there'll be a big crowd, get down to Oak Tree Road if you've got a spare evening/can't make it to Cambrige!

• Tarpey puts Marlow 1 up after 14 minutes

• FmGFmG
    edited April 23

…Tarpey has a second on 24 minutes. 2-0

• ‘Marla’ are having a great season. Chef’s kiss for knocking out that lot.

• Up there with those seasons in the 90s when they had those amazing FA Cup runs and I saw them play at White Hart Lane against Spurs in the 3rd round.

• A travelling army of three thousand. Ok, the vast majority of us were on the bandwagon but it was a great afternoon. What made it special was the fact the Marlow team was packed with local lads who were then probably playing down on the Rye the next day. Kevin Stone was a fantastic player.

• edited April 27

Yes David Lay etc remember him from the sorting office as a postman in Wycombe at the time.

What has stuck in my mind ever since that day was it really showed in stark relief how (as in most home counties settlements) how the town is inhabited by too groups of people who may as well exist in different universes.

One one hand MARLER - the eastern side of town (Colditz and the other council estates etc) - working class, Bucks accents, families going back in the town more than a generation locals in the boozers (Carpenters, Keys Plough, Brit and the rest) that all ran a coach to Spurs. On the other Western Marlow, incomers, not local, affluent, rugby fans, wouldnt have known Marlow were even playing and would have cared even less.

I was living in Marlow at the time and went up on the Cross Keys (RIP) coach. There's a good book to be written about the fragmented society of the Home Counties!

• Final, not sure the reason why, has been switched to Sandhurst FC and will be played on Wednesday, May 15 at 7:45

Marlow V Reading

it was originally I believe scheduled to be played at Slough the night before

source Berks and Bucks FA