Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Derby

Comments

• Lonwijk at LB? I think that is an exciting team.

• Interesting line up.

• According to X Stryjek will never play for Wycombe again because of his bench start tonight.

• I'd imagine they're probably correct

• On the Derby forum somebody has posted a picture of Wycombe fans (taken without consent) with the caption 'They look almost human'

I've gone from not caring about this game to hoping we win 5-0 and all their players are injured for 6 months.

• edited April 10

They are a genuinely braindead bunch on there. I can never understand how fans of these "massive" clubs can call teams in the same division "tinpot" and "a small club" as insults without a hint of irony or understanding that they are really insulting their own club.

It is kind of a win-win, though - once the likes of Derby inevitably go up eventually, we will rarely have to deal with them again. But while they wait to go up (like Sunderland) the angst is funny.

• Next time they go bust it will be some other team who has done them wrong, I suppose for now it remains our fault how dire they are.

• edited April 10

True - at least Sunderland never blamed us for their own struggles, and have pretty decent fans. Derby and Reading are the sort of people who accuse medics of being ambulance chasers.

Wait - that applies to Reading only. Derby are the type to accuse the lawyer they aggressively ran over of being an ambulance chaser.

• Ravizzoli trying hard to prove the naysayers' point there.

• Kinnell

• Rav cocks up with Tafa. Rav can’t handle a corner. Rav can’t kick the ball properly. Therefore Butcher doesn’t simply pass back to Rav, nearly causing a goal. Get Stryjek back.

• Hilarious miss by Derby, but how bad do we look defensively? Three absolute brain farts in seven minutes.

• We seem determined to get them a goal.

• This is all going to end very soon with a Derby goal or a sucker punch with our first real chance.

• Horrendous start! Wake up lads!

• For balance (before I get downvoted to oblivion) we’ve recovered very well last 5 mins. Some excellent interplay

• edited April 10

How good was that block by Low? Though we need to avoid relying on the Low block tonight.

• Derby are literally shooting from corners

• Almost a Kone moment there!

• Got to do anything we can to bring Lonwijk back next season. He’s started fantastically and is surprisingly good with both feet, very agile too. Would love him back. My top target if I’m manager

• Derby player hurts himself trying to foul Sadlier - I am sure it is our fault.

• I thought @Kim_il_Swan's MOTM vote might put pressure on Richard, but evidently not. He wants to earn it!

• How can you not love Kone, no other player we've got is as exciting when he gets the ball

• Hideous linesman decision, keeping the tradition going at home v Derby from that side.

• We are making so many huge mistakes at the back. Thankfully Butcher cleaned that one up!

• Kone is having a good game tonight

• Lino on the FA side is having an absolute shocker

• and Potts looks way more comfortable than he did at Wembley