Skip to content

Local Teams Football

Comments

• Wouldn't it be better just to just play all the games in the original venues, @DevC? I mean, these guys managed somehow.

• I think we should just chop that leg off the british isles and set it adrift. Or maybe stand it upright to act as a wind break for the rest of the country.

• Ooh no bloody grockles

Deal

• Flackwell Heath go top of the table after Rayners Lane have been docked four points for playing an ineligible player in two games.

• Hilltop have a tough run in. 11 games in 25 days

• The FA need to be adaptable with their dates. Yes, they can have a hard deadline but when they look back on the weather and conditions that lower league teams have had to deal with, extending the season is the only logical step

• What local games are on tomorrow for us to watch?

• So on the 6th April the following fixtures are:

Combined Counties Premier Div

Flackwell Heath vs Holyport

Chalfont St Peter vs Broadfields United

Risborough Rangers vs Wallingford & Crowmarsh

Combined Counties Premier One

Amersham vs Bedfont

Holmer Green vs Berks County

Langley vs Penn & Tylers

Southern Central

Harrow Borough vs Beaconsfield

Chesham United vs Salisbury

Isthmian South Central

Thatcham Town vs Marlow

• I agree that extending the season should be an option, but it isn't the only factor to consider.

Player registrations will only be valid to a certain date, and there could be ramifications if a player then changes to a different team/league. Also you'd have to consider if the grounds have multiple uses - I don't know at that level if they might be used as cricket pitches in the summer.

Player might also possibly be involved in different summer sports.

• I understand the issue with registrations and that to a point, their hands might be tied but at the level that Chesham, Aylesbury, Marlow play at, all of their facilities are purpose built / used for Football. If there was a situation where they couldn't use their ground after a date, there are plenty in the area that they could use instead & I think the FA should be helping the clubs in that situation with the bill. An awful lot of red tape that can be easily avoided if common sense was to be used.

• Plymouth Parkway home game against Swindon to be played at Hungerford on Sunday.

• Ludicrous, there must be grounds in Devon/Cornwall that could host?

What am I missing here, is it a ground grading issue that stops that?

• Be at Maidenhead this afternoon, they have Barnet at home.

• Many Devon and Cornwall clubs are struggling. It’s been the wettest winter for I00 years and the pitches are f@cked.

Truro are finishing the season in Gloucester, Taunton have also had home games in Gloucester, Parkway have had home games in Bristol and now Hungerford, Helston are playing this weekend in Newton Abbot, Mousehole are struggling.

The FA and Leagues are not helping. The pitch at Newton Abbot is 3G but aren’t strictly speaking enough spectator seats to meet southern league ground rules. So because they can’t sit 20 miles up the road Parkway supporters instead see their team play three hours away. Parkway players (all of whom work in proper jobs) not only play every other day but are expected to travel six hour round trips. It’s crazy.

• I went down to Cornwall a week before Easter. When I was driving around the lanes when it was raining, I've never seen the water coming off the fields into the roads. There was water flowing through the hedges in mini rivers. I do feel sorry for the farmers down there as their crops are going to be ruined this year

• Good game at Maidenhead it was a 2-2 draw with Barnet given a penalty near the end. Very enjoyable.

• Chesham United celebrated their promotion with yet another win. Their 28th out of 39 games.

• Oxford City (already relegated) and Wealdstone definitely are. I think Dorking too. I had a feeling Maidenhead had gone full-time but can't find anything confirming it.

• Only a couple part time dont know if Maidenhead are among those few.

• Yep they are one of the few part time teams in their League.

• i went along to York Road tonight and saw Maidenhead record an impressive 3-1 win over Hartlepool United to almost certainly secure their place in the National League for another season (their 8th).

Brilliant effort from Alan Devonshire and his (very small) part-time squad. So much to like about that performance tonight.

Tonight’s win takes them up to 13th so they could even record a top half finish. Although they do stil have to go to Chesterfield on the final day.

Next season they may have to do without star man Reece Smith, a graduate from their academy, as he’s on the radar of plenty of EFL and National League clubs. He’s only 21 but is a stylish, skilful winger or No10 (as he was tonight) with an eye for goal - 11 so far this season. I wonder if Wycombe are on that list of interested clubs.

• With WWFC on the road for the majority of the rest of the season, it's a great time to highlight a few upcoming local games with potentially big implications.

Owing to postponements and the craziness of non-league, there will be plenty of football played across the weeks ahead. Tough schedule for Aylesbury Vale Dynamoes!

All 3pm unless stated.

SATURDAY 13 APRIL

Chalfont St. Peter v Egham Town (CCPDN)

Marlow v Westfield (ILSC)

MONDAY 15 APRIL

Burnham v Wokingham & Emmbrook (CCPDN) 7.45pm

TUESDAY 16 APRIL

Flackwell Heath v Wembley (CCPDN) 7.45pm

Aylesbury Vale Dynamoes v Tring Athletic (SSMP) 7.45pm

Holmer Green v Eversley & California (CCD1) 7.45pm

Windsor FC v London Colney (CCD1 - at Beaconsfield Town) 7.45pm

WEDNESDAY 17 APRIL

Aylesbury Vale Dynamoes v Shefford Town & Campton (SSMP) 7.45pm

THURSDAY 18 APRIL

Chalfont St. Peter v North Greenford United (CCPDN) 7.45pm

Aylesbury Vales Dynamoes v Stansted (SSMP) 7.45pm

Holmer Green v Bagshot (CCD1) 7.45pm

SATURDAY 20 APRIL

Chesham United v Bracknell Town (SPS)

Flackwell Heath v Edgware & Kingsbury (CCPDN - FREE ENTRY)

Penn & Tylers Green v Spartans Youth (CCD1)

There will also be a few local 3pms on April 27th if you fancy a quick dash post the Charlton game, including what could be a pivotal clash at both ends of the CCPDN between relegation-threatened Chalfont St. Peter and champions-elect Flackwell Heath.

• Presume that Chesham will be awarded the league trophy on the 20th?

• Yes, you'd think so as they're away this weekend and at Gosport on the final day. Champione Chesh. Great season for The Generals.

• It is fill your boots time for me with the step 7 and below leagues playing midweek.

Tomorrow will be a train trip to Sikh Hunters v Dudley Sports. Based near Wolverhampton, I tried to visit them last March but it was rained off. A proper stadium with floodlights in the West Midlands Regional League Division 1.

Tuesday, a drive across to Enfield for Hinton v Bush Hill Rangers in the Herts Senior County Premier, A more basic venue with a pitch attached to a social club.

Wednesday, over to Bedfordshire for Elstow Abbey v Caldecote in the Beds County Premier. Played at a local recreation ground with some of the pitch having a rail.

Thursday, a walk up to my local club, Holmer Green for their crunch relegation clash against Bagshot.

• edited April 13
  • Good wins for both our Berkshire neighbours Maidenhead and Slough today. The latter don’t have enough to make the NLS play-offs but they’ve had a great second half to the season.

Chesham brought back down to Earth with a 2-0 defeat at Tiverton. All immaterial though.

Beaconsfield lose 3-0 at Poole and aren’t completely safe in the SPS.

A very late pen gives Flackwell Heath a 1-0 win at Bedfont and a four-point lead at the top of their division. At the bottom, Chalfont’s 0-0 draw at home to Egham did little to alleviate their relegation fears.

In the league below, just the 4 goals for Jake Tabor in Amersham Town’s 4-2 win at Westside. The champions have 105 points now with a +102 GD. Yikes.

At the bottom of Div1, Holmer Green notched up a much needed win away at Oxhey Jets but they’re still well adrift and will likely need a reprieve to beat the drop.