Skip to content

EFL TROPHY FINAL

Comments

• edited March 18

We've sold 10,000+ and they've sold 16,500 so another 4,000 between us and we won't be the lowest crowd ever at 'New Wembley'

• edited March 18

I thought 23,286 Spurs vs Gillingham was the smallest crowd, so we are there already.😉

• No That was at White Hart Lane

The Lowest EFL Trophy Match at Wembley was Rotherham vs Sutton with 30,688

• edited March 18

We do well with small Wembley crowds!

• We've bottled it and taken 20 seats up the back of 126. I can't see the upper tier opening but happy to have helped if it does!

For Sunderland we were at the back of the equivalent of this year's 132 and didn't like it much. Probably just the sight of the sea of red, a perfect view of Stocko's howler and the result though.

• Welcome to Roobarb territory, 26 of us and still adding.

• Ok, try 23,926 vs Barnsley in the Carabao Cup in 2017

• Fylde vs Salford playoff final had barely 8,000. I'd be surprised if anything beats that.

• I suspect they have will have sold a large number of neutral corporate tickets too to add to the 26500 you have mentioned. I suspect we will see a figure of 32-35000

• Beat Pompey on Good Friday and watch those sales soar. 😎 There's not the same urgency and time constraints like a play-off final, plus once payday comes around, that could see another glut. 12-15k isn't too bad.

• This whole Wembley visit and final has been far from smooth sailing for the club. We had the delay in getting tickets on sale by the EFL & TV trying to decide when the game should be taking place. Then this whole situation with Reading which has led to the EFL blocking any new fans from coming in the fear that they'll be Reading fans who will be looking to cause trouble.

Surely there is enough technology out their the highlight those fans who have just created an account and pin point where they'll be sat to "observe" them? I also think that they'll be able to flag anyone with a Reading postcode? They'll sat out clearer if they buy Peterborough tickets. The EFL are currently taking money out of the clubs' pockets when everything above (except the training ground situation) could have been avoided early on.

• If a berk from Berkshire wants to try and do a pitch invasion protest at Wembley, I think it will make for some cracking half time entertainment watching them get flattened by 30 high viz.

• Or more like watched by 29 barely trained teenagers looking for their senior steward, and him eventually waddling on to pursue the scofflaw.

• I'm not sure Reading fans would remember the route. I think they've only visited three times in 153 years and only won once.

• There wouldn’t have been much point visiting for the first half century of their existence with no stadium yet built. Although the unfinished Wembley tower might have been of interest.

Londons answer to the Eiffel Tower.

• edited March 20

Well, we are still hanging on in the hope that we can buy some Cat 2 seats but it isn't looking hopeful atm. 🤔

• @EwanHoosaami did you mean level 2? There are lots of Cat 2 price tickets available now.

If it’s the former, I reckon they need to shift a further 2,500 for that to open up. Looks like about 11,000 sold.

• There's still 2 1/2 weeks to go.... or 18 selling days... (so less than 140 tickets a day needed to be sold to open up the next tier). As someone who initially didn't think we'd sell much more than 11-12k, unless sales practically stand still from here, we should be getting up to a better position than i feared. I would expect the club to ramp up into overdrive on promoting the match between now and the 7th...

• I'm still holding out.

• I think they will be a rush when the ban for new users who made their an account after the 6th March expires

• edited March 20

Hope you succeed, even though I’ll be annoyed about it!

• I’ve folded. Don’t want to be forced into the very expensive seats or left up on tier 2 with acres of empty seats all around.

I know it’s a micky mouse cup and few could name the winners even two seasons ago and doesn’t really matter win or lose but I’m really looking forward to this….

• It's Wembley - I'd be worried about anyone not looking forward to it!

• I'm going to give it another week before cracking. If I have to pay for a more expensive seat then I'll blame those that I'm going with!

• Might be quite challenging getting to and from Wembley as Aslef have called a strike day on Saturday the 6th of April...😡

• Good job the match is on the 7th then…..

• thanks for that 🙄 dev..., after a day of industrial action usually the trains are running a bit cock eyed plus there is possibly an overtime ban on Sunday

• Looks like the Tube will be unaffected on that day https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68614493