Skip to content

Reading offer Bearwood training ground to Wycombe

Comments

• Why do we need such an expensive training facility? Even if it’s a cheap deal, it’s still a waste of money operationally as a training ground.

• May be a long term plan to now move our actual ground to Marlow Road or somewhere on the outskirts of Marlow like they were looking at before perhaps? And get a serious upgrade in training facilities at cut price.

• Who benefits from this transaction and in what way?

• edited March 14

Wycombe Wanderers have been working for some years to either substantially upgrade their facility at Marlow Road or move to a facility that would allow for the necessary expansion and enhancements to meet their vision for the future.

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2024/march/14/club-statement-training-facility/

• With all of this and what's happened over the last few years, I just feel that football has moved away from me.

• Providing you live in Wycombe, the training ground certainly has!

• Hopefully the BFP has currently suspended all other operations to seek answers to the following questions:

1) Where did Wycombe Wanderers get 25M from?

2) Why are we using it to buy Reading's training ground instead of our own?

3) What happens to Marlow Road?

4) Who, exactly, did the Reading owner approach to make this offer?

5) Most pressing of all, I've been workshopping a joke about Reading groundsharing at AP for a while now. Since that clearly isn't going to happen, what sort of compensation can I expect?

• Good deal, steal, excellent fiscal planning or not. For £25 million we could have bought The Player and a field of his own he could train in.

• Is there a source for the £25m? I can’t believe it would be so much.

• Penny for GMac's thoughts.

• I know this idea won't be popular, but it makes sense for Wycombe and Reading to merge into a United club called, maybe, Thames Valley Royals FC.

• It’ll be something to do with ADT, save your penny.

• 1) ML

2) It's a £50M facility we can buy for £25M.

3) Ask Ivor, but hopefully it reverts to Greenbelt and Ivor gets nothing.

4) All I know is it wasn't me.

5) Was it a good joke, as that affects the offer? (Think none rather than f all)

• edited March 14

I heard the "official" announcement on Radio Berks at 1:08pm today. The reporter had a few things to say on the subject !!!

• Then our club as we know it is gone. Much rather the Georgian guy buy Reading and Rob sell us off to someone else. However, we just have to wait and see but it would be an absolute shame if it resulted in us moving away from AP.

• edited March 14

Can we have a sweepstake for the number of Reading fans who will turn up at this protest?

• Maybe I missed something here, but are they planning a protest at our ground?

• I'm hoping they stage a pitch invasion on Saturday.

When Wycombe played Northampton in March 2024 which set of fans ran on the pitch? Answer: Reading

Will be the most baffling pub quiz question ever.

• Can you imagine if we got in ADT as a shirt sponsor next season?

• The deal to sell Training Ground to Meeks, Kane and Keizner £350K, approx. seven acres, Title No; BM17608 28th March 2013.

They were desperate to remain anonymous before being busted in one of the Gasroom's finest hours, absolutely hilarious.

Trust said they were "committed to the goal of reselling the training ground back to the Club at the earliest opportunity."

Trust said the deal was done, " Simply, to ensure the survival of WWFC at March 2013."

Trust said "The TGF objective isn't, and never was, to derive unreasonable profits but to support..."

Originally on a 10 year lease:

At the time if not bought back by FALL by 2023, training ground will be by 2027, no longer under control.

At the AGM in 2015, they said, 5 year buy-back beginning in 2023.

So, we've been there too, when a Trust Member asked the non-elected Chairman as to whether Mr. Beeks was involved, he got his head snapped off and told, What relevance is it?

Nobody ever lost money underestimating the stupidity of other people.

• Sell Before We Dai reiterate their stance, imploring supporters of Reading and Wycombe to form alliance in protest tomorrow outside AP.

• edited March 14

A statement that they recognise the existential threat to Reading FC as a result of it and are seeking to represent the club's moral obligations to football as a whole maybe. Standing by while WWFC's name to be used for Lomtadze/Couhig's grab at a distressed asset that might put another out of business is a low I hadn't thought a supporter organisation would stoop to.

If they are content to just be nodding dogs for prospective owners of the WWFC then I would have no choice but to resign my membership.

• Could Bearwood be a site for a new stadium to be shared by us and Reading?

• Hoping the below is true, though it is Twitter.

• If they HAD to put a statement out it would be 'we don't know nothing, as no one knows nothing'. We might be the ones getting f'd in this deal, who knows?

• Totally agree. If you churn out this disgusting crap expect some back.

• Adam is a pretty reliable guy.

If ML has loaned Wycombe Wanderers 25M to buy something we don't need, we're in bigger trouble than Reading.