Skip to content

EFL TROPHY FINAL

Comments

• edited February 27

• lol at the @eric_plantGPT bot

• For me it is not the amount of money it is the fact that I will be getting 6 tickets for my family having encouraged them to come along. Those six tickets will cost an extra eighteen pounds even though they will be purchased via a single transaction and tickets sent electronically to be printed at home. Doesn’t feel right really.

Also from the club statement, the booking fee is the same as Posh are charging their fans, so I very much suspect this extra money is going to the club.

I will obviously still be taking the family and the prices overall are very good but the booking fee does leave a little bit of a nasty taste.

• sometimes you've just got to do your greatest hits

People aren't turning up to hear "new material"

• Booking fees are a massive scam but I think we're getting off quite lightly here.

As a comparison, I looked at tickets for Ride at the Roundhouse in London.

Two tickets @ £35 each = £70

+ two e-ticket fees of £4.20 = £8.40

+ two 'restoration levy' fees of £2 = £4

Total: £82.40

Then they have the cheek to add in a £4 charitable donation, which at least you can remove.

I probably shouldn't post this, as the club will probably add a 'restoration levy' to tickets to pay for the Frank Adams roof replacement!

• Bloody hell, they're really taking their fans for a ride.

• 'restoration levy'

Roundhouse seemed in pretty good nick last time I went

• I think you have just given the Couhigs more ideas to charge the back legs off their loyal supports 😂

• Eric. You are being unnecessarily aggressive. We just disagree. That's fine. No need for abuse.

Honestly I don't see the point of charging £42 plus £3 booking fee rather than just charging £45 for the seat but I can work out fairly easily that the seat will cost me £45 and can base my "do I buy" decision on that figure, so doesn't seem any harm done. I understand that my £45 will go to a whole range of people/organisations but don't really see that as my business. Each to their own I suppose.

As it happens I believe Wembley final tickets are usually sold by the big ticket agencies (See Tickets and the like) and I assume the "booking" fee is their charge for doing so. I believe we are using our own ticket system so assume in this case the fee is split between the club and our ticket platform supplier.

• Every concert/ live you ever book now at main UK venues has the same booking fees - even cinemas!

This is the Barnsley website from 2016 - so a 40p increase in 8 years is not a lot considering inflation. Every club and every forum every year seems to ask why - if you had kids booking concerts every year (try Reading Festival!) or booked concerts/other live events anytime in the UK yourself in the last x number of years, a booking fee would be just part of the order and not something to have a long forum debate over, accusing the club of profiteering etc!!!!

As one poster said - if the tickets were £45 rather than £42 etc each, would that remove the feeling of injustice - we have got to go to Wembley again (many lower league supports have never had that opportunity in their lifetimes!) - lets not find something else to moan about eh?

Why do we have to pay a booking fee online for Wembley tickets when normally there are no booking fees?

Due to the anticipated volume of ticket sales for our upcoming game at Wembley, Barnsley Football Club will work with our ticketing partner Ticketmaster to process and fulfil supporter ticket sales. The mandatory booking fees are added by our ticketing partner Ticketmaster, as they are processing all Barnsley FC Wembley tickets orders. Normally when you book tickets online there are no fees – this is because we process the orders ourselves at Oakwell using our own Club employees. This is not the case for Wembley tickets considering the demand for tickets and the need to use the services and support from Ticketmaster. The ticket booking charge is £2.40 per ticket ordered. The postage fee of £2.40 is per order/envelope, not per ticket. Please note that there is no option to collect your tickets from Oakwell Stadium. Tickets will be posted out direct to you from the Ticketmaster despatch centre in Manchester within 3 working days of the tickets being ordered. Orders placed by international-based supporters will be left for collection from the Wembley Box Office / Ticket Collection point at Wembley Stadium on the day of the game (open from 10:30am).

• The restoration levy is everywhere these days. At least the Roundhouse is a proper old listed building. They charge £2 at Nottingham Rock City and it looks exactly the same as it did 25 years ago.

• If I turn up at the gate on match day, can I pay?

Thus avoiding the add on fees?

• edited February 27

You can but are, of course, subject to the "Pay-on-the-day" added fee.

Be careful how you pay too as there is a card payment surcharge, but this can be offset by using cash. However, some toerag might mug you for your £50 quid to use as drug money.

I'd stay at home if I were you....

• edited February 27

I use an app to collect client and other fees in, which is a set %age. Off the top of my head it’s about 50p per tenner. Sometimes I build it into my price and sometimes not, and everything you pay for whether direct debit or card / phone transaction has these fees but you just don’t realise you are paying it in some way, shape or form. In certain industries you HAVE to disclose these fees, so I’m with whoever it was that said you would mind paying 25 rather than 22 or whatever it is.

Anyone else remember queuing for 3 hours in the car park before the Kidderminster final? I do. Take my £3.

• I'm trying to find pout of Steve Baker gets free tickets he doesn't want.

• pout of Steve Baker

a little bit of sick just came up.

• edited February 27

I was there the night Rock City opened. Might have been The Undertones ? Maybe 1980 ??? Or Iggy Pop maybe?

• Undertones

• Wasn’t it supposed to be Iron Maiden but the electrics weren’t finished? Definitely Undertones.

• I've seen The Electrics and their sets do go on a bit.

• I remember it was incredibly hot inside. We thought they had left the heat on all day!

• Ridiculous. People have already spent money making travel plans

I sincerely hope both clubs are lobbying to ensure it remains at 3pm

• What an absolute shambles. Any compo from Sky for advance train tickets already booked? I think I know the answer…

A small insight into the carnage Sky will cause next season with the new TV deal.

This is probably the one time that a thread doesn’t need ‘that post’ telling us all about Sky’s positive impact on the EFL.

• edited March 1

Bloody Sky.

Man Utd v Liverpool is on Sky at 3:30 that day, so kick off for us will be 12:30/1:00 or 5:30 (please, no).

Sky's viewing figures would be close to zero for our game kicking off at 3:00, I would imagine.

• Paul Lewis @Chairboys on the Net has been doing a great job this week flagging both the emerging ticket debacle and now this kick off fiasco.

Re. tickets: PUFC were due put theirs on sale today before the KO news broke thus morning. However, their supporters went into a meltdown when they were told that 90% of Tier 1 tickets must be sold before Tier 2 will be released etc. So the choice of prices and locations within the respective clubs allocations would appear to be somewhat illusory.

Worth following the Chairboys on the Net twitter feed for more on this.

• Someone on the Peterborough forum has also mentioned Old firm game is early that day, so that will also be on sky.

I will be gutted if it’s moved to 17:30/18:00. Got everything crossed they are happy to clash with old firm if moving it ( which sounds likely given the announcement).

For over a week been excitedly talking about taking my young kids to Wembley for the first time.

Would have to decide to massively disappoint them and leave them behind or suck it up and try to make it work best we can and deal with very tired, grumpy and possibly asleep kids during the game/afterward.

• I had already had this conversation with my partner about the game being moved.

I am in Thailand, arriving late the previous night and had emailed a number of sports bars to see if they would be showing the Trophy Final, the ones who bothered to reply said they would not because of the Man Utd v Liverpool game.

If it gets moved to 5.30 (12.30am) I will have no choice but to watch on my tablet at the hotel, selfishly an earlier KO will be easier for me.

What an absolute shit show for anyone going who has already booked train tickets etc

• edited March 1

The train timetable will be pretty much ripped up and built from scratch for the Sunday. Anyone that has ‘booked’ a train has merely paid for a train. The times will mostly change to accommodate the additional traffic. Getting more drivers to work on a Sunday is challenging.