Skip to content

New Kit

Hello, not a Wycombe fan but I bought the goalkeeper kit for Sunday league. Has anybody else bought it? It is so badly made its ridiculous. I've never seen sleeves as baggy

Comments

• Hello. We've seen both the new tops on our 'keepers here and I've not seen the sleeves billowing in the breeze. Perhaps you have very thin arms?

• Did you have incredibly fat arms the first time you wore it, but then suffered from a rare arm wasting disease before you next wore it?

• Baggy Sleeves was my idea for a follow up to the 80s hit Baggy trousers by madness if the record company bigwigs had picked it up I wouldn't be ruffing it here.

• Maybe if you'd pitched it to Spandau Ballet you might have got somewhere.

• Hahaha. Also seen it on your players and looks good. I can confirm my arms are normal lol. I've emailed O'Neill's. The sleeve is the same size at the top of the arm as the bottom. My wrists are unfortunately not the same size as my upper arms

• Sounds like you need to do more wrist exercises.

• Cheeky.

• Mr mcbluear, you probably bought the standard version, which is designed for the physique of the average Wycombe Fan. Try swapping it for the "Elite" figure hugging version.

• @Gerry47 said:
    Mr mcbluear, you probably bought the standard version, which is designed for the physique of the average Wycombe Fan. Try swapping it for the "Elite" figure hugging version.

Not sure what you're trying to say about wycombe fans ha

• Were all tubby buggers....if I wear the quarters, it becomes more Rhombus shape, when accommodating my more than average physique...

• The new kit is even worse in the flesh than it looked in the photos, dreadful.

They've somehow managed to get the wrong shade of dark blue, going for royal rather than navy blue

And the light blue on all of the training gear/leisure wear is a completely different shade to the actual kit, meaning the club shop looks a total mess

All that said, it seems plenty of fans have bought one

• I have both the home and away tops...they are great....big fan...well down wwfc

• I actually thought they look better on the supporters than the actual team

• I think the home kit, for all the early naysaying from a few actually looks pretty good.

Last season's I loved, but this version is decent.

Only so much you can do with a shirt that has to be 2 shades of blue in quarters otherwise!

The away kit, that people seem to unanimously love seems pathetically bland to me. Maybe that's the taste of fans these days!

• Bland would be a blessing. There's is absolutely no reason to embellish a classic kit with stripes and flourishes and every other silly thing under the sun except to squeeze a few more pounds out of fans. If, god forbid, the supporters were consulted on the kit design we'd have some beautiful plain quarters in the correct blues. Of course, that would be the last shirt any of the fans ever bought, because anything else released two years down the line would need to differentiate and consequently be a massive step down.