Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Wigan

Comments

• Why did I bother to stay up.... now I won't sleep cos I'm fucking raging

• Sorry, but we’re going down.

• This is all becoming too predictable, if we can all see it why can't the coaching team?

Dreadful game from both sides, a goalless draw would have been a better reflection of how both sides played.

• Regretting the last minute decision to buy the match pass

• This is getting insulting now. Everyone and their mum could see how badly bringing Forino on for a creative player went last time. Last minute shake up of the defensive structure leading to a last minute goal. To do it once was misguided at best. To do it again, so soon after, is a disgrace.

• Absolutely unacceptable

• Well that was entirely predictable. I can’t believe I’ve watched us concede yet another last minute goal after bringing Forino on 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• To rub salt in the wound, I think it was our throw-in a moment before Grimmer fouled the chap.

• Well Well well

• Potts was injured, not sure that Matt had much choice. Fourino was clearly pushed into midfield rather than as a five. Just switched of at the throw immediately before the foul by Grimmer.

If ever a game didn't deserve a goal that was it

• How many times is that now where we've brought a defender on late on then conceded?

3 or 4 times now? Just recently.

• 120 minutes of football. 2 shots on target. Can’t remember either of them.

This has to stop.

• It’s just not working Blooms. This weekend, can we bring on two defenders please and go 6 at the back?? Thanks.

• Remember when we used to be the ones who scored late winners.

• We are definitely in a relegation battle now.

Fleetwood, the most dreadful team in the league, at home on Saturday. We know how that goes!

• Utterly livid with that. How can he be allowed to make the same mistake time and time again? No composure whatsoever.

• Surely the final nail in Bloomfield's coffin. 1 win in 16 is that now? Pathetic and terrible football to go with the awful results

• Really really poor. Every time we bring an extra defender on we’re creating our own chaos.

• Blimming heck only 4 points off 4th bottom now.

• Said to my son when Forino was brought on we would concede in the last minute. When will Bloomfield learn not to change the defensive formation in the critical final minutes?

• Perhaps if Taf wasn’t cuddling their forward he might actually blocked the shot.

• Not sure that I can take much more of this. Late changes with no understanding if who is picking up who. Nonsense

• But don't worry everyone, everything's fine remember!

• come on ....really?? Blooms has done this time and time again

• How can every single person see what's coming except the manager. Pathetic.

• Bring Forino on

Concede late goal

Repeat until fade

• Worrying thing is, the management team don't appear to learn anything during this woeful run.

• Matt had a choice to name another midfielder on the bench. You’d have thought he’d learn his lesson after last game where he was forced into an indentical sub because Potts ran out of steam. Unacceptable.

Or, like many of us have been banging on about for weeks, we could have signed a left back in the three weeks of the open transfer window, allowing Leahy to play in his natural midfield position…..

Diabolical management. Yet again.

• As @Twizz said above, MB's hand was forced bringing Forino on, it seemed. Taff is hugging a defender, Grimmer loses his man, and it's a fantastic finish. MB is to blame for many things, the Lincoln equaliser absolutely, but I don't believe this goal is directly one of them.