Skip to content

Man of the Match - Bristol Rovers (H)

2»

Comments

• Good shout on GMac, in everything that happened after the red card, I was forgetting how good he was. Absolutely tortured their defence until that point.

Possibly Sadlier was the only one to slightly disappoint. Worked hard and got into plenty of good positions, but the final ball deserted him.

• Really tough call. Potts for me.

Wheeler not MoM but worthy of a mention, should have had a penalty for his shot dragged wide as he was pulled down.

• Thankfully we scored from the resulting corner but I agree it was definitely a penalty.

Wheeler was effectively penalised for attempting to stay on his feet

• I was watching with non-Wycombe fans, none of whom thought that was a pen. I didn't either.

• So, all in wrestling is allowed in football these days. Cast iron penalty.

• Academic now, but if you are being pulled back in the box and as a result miscue the shot...surely it is a pen?

Be interesting to see what would have happened had Wheels gone down...

• edited January 2

If Wheeler goes down before attempting to shoot he gets a penalty every there 90% of the time and a red card 80% of the time (no attempt to play ball / professional foul). He was too honest, unfortunately. Pleased it worked out in the end. It usually doesn't pan out like that though.

• I didn't see a pull back, just some 50:50 tussling.

• I suggest you go to Specsavers

• I've got to admit, at the time I wasn't screaming for a penalty either !

• A hearty well done to Max on earning a 3rd Gasroom MOTM in a row. Considering the state of play after Barnsley, that is some going! Tip of the cap.

• Not like me to think of downsides but the collective Gasroom mood might not be quite as bouyant without all those saves.

Fantastic from Max. He must be feeling on top of the world.